TEAM ALPO

Mauler5150

hit up the belgian beer cafe

anyone here tried a beer called kriek?

a cherry flavoured beer

probably the strangesst beer ive ever tasted

its a novelty

i had one by ft collins brewery last fall. they used like 600 pounds of tart cherries per batch. super high sugar=13.5% alcohol. basically tasted like a lightly acidic red wine completely free of tannins. it was pretty delicious, though not very "beery".

i had 2 pints and was doing pretty fucking good.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
ARE U GONNA SNEAK IT IN YOUR BACKPACK!!!!???!!!!

wow you sure are funny...i drank whiskey and tallcans on the way to and then when i got there had some redtails and guinness and a 1,000mg Vic then pulled the blunt out and tripped off the visuals they were playin....i ended up in the wrong parking garage after the show like wtf wheres my car.

I mean how is it??

Nostradamus: We know you'll be drunk..

Haha..

It's delicious and exactly what I needed. Combined with the beers I had at the girls parents house plus the shot I took on getting home I am feeling well. La Fin Du Monde is also in the fridge so I'm going to open one of them before cracking another Nostradamus 22. I appreciate validity of the price but I wish I wasn't likely to drink $30 in [really good] beer tonight. I mean, I could be on a good scotch for like $10 or $20 more.

Abby style (et al) beer in the fall is the shit though so it's worth it. I can't call myself anything close to an expert tough - anyone have their favorites? I know Delirium is a favorite of the Alco, but any others?

abby style is in reference to beer made by trappists (monks).

chimay is probably the most common, and is fairly delightful.

i had it on tap tonight for the first time. i honestly enjoy the bottles better, i can't see there being to high a demand on chimay at the bar i was at, so possibly a day too old on the keg or something. also had a boddington's pretty tasty though i don't think i was in the right mood for that style of beer. i was DD so i didn't get much drinking in... i had some great wings though. well they were okay.

the guy i ended up driving puked all over the inside of my car. i screamed at him for a long time and he took it like a child. i hate being stone sober having to deal with shit faced motherfuckers. i'll be spending tomorrow morning cleaning up that glorious mess. ugh... military people in general are some of the most irresponsible drinkers i've ever met.

oh yeah. so one of my boys just got back from special forces selections. thats why we went out. we almost got in a fight with some of the guys from first group. fuckin' assholes pulling rank in a bar. doesn't get any respect... bad night over all