Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boogie hands

why the fuck does the us postal service have order tracking...

....if it never fucking works? every order i get has the same message through the entire shipping process....

" Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 13, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

awesome....thanks for telling me what the shipper told me. i assume ill get a "confirmation of receipt" when the postman hands me the package? thanks for nothing you worthless shit bags. hopefully fed ex will start delivering mail one day and put you all out of a job.

i guess it only works for those in government jobs.. my pops sent me my saxophone last month and was able to track it every step of the way...

minus the fucking mail man leaving my sax on the doorstep at 7am... and i didnt get home till three.. fucking dick

Just because they offer the service doesn't mean they're actually going ot maintain it or give a fuck that it functions. The post office does shit like that to compete with Fed Ex, UPS and DHP (I think that's what it's called). All they really care about is having it as an advertised option to keep business coming it.

Remember: most postal employees are not very educated people. The bulk (not all, but roughly 75%) live to land a union job so they can scrape by, do the bare minimum and complain that 'that's not their job' when asked to step up and show some initiative.

So, odds are that someone in the post-office is well-aware of your problem, but they're too busy figuring out if being the 'postmaster in charge of e-mail' entails monitoring the tracking system.

Those places (UPS, Fed Ex, etc...), coupled with the rising popularity of web-based communication, are slowly putting the USPS out of business.

I know dozens of people who've worked for the post office.

No Chit!!

I got the same message today... I am trying to track when my "Miami Vice" & "Old Style" T-shirts are coming.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

I live in Miami....

and that is a BIG NO!!!!

i agree, the usps is all sub-par compared to the civilian mail companies. but that's usually what you get when you deal with government establishments -- longer lines, less quality, etc.

civilian mailing organizations like fedex, ups and dhl tend to have higher quality, their tracking always works, but they are usually more expensive. dhl is like the fastest i've ever messed with.

i completely understand that, dratts...thats where the "thanks for nothing you worthless shit bags. hopefully fed ex will start delivering mail one day and put you all out of a job." comment came from. there is nothing i hate more than when a business cant deliver as advertised.

this brings me to another point. i also hate people in sales and marketing. many times these people are so short sighted that they promise a client the world just to land them and then with in comes time to implement those promises they just toss said client in your lap and get the fuck out of the room while you explain why you cant do what was promised (and why half of those promises were shitty ideas anyway). to quote bill hicks "if you are in marketing, kill yourself....theres no joke there....i mean it. kill yourself".

im with you bill.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Hey boogie...I am in marketing....

Okay no I am not....just wanted to see what you would say.

DUDE.... MIAMI VICE SHIRTS?

NO

I'm in my 30's, so, I'm allowed to rock that shit (plus own the DVD box sets).... it is no way affiliated with the new movie.

i would probably say something like "you seem way too decent hang out with that slime...what the fuck are you doing to yourself?"

it wouldnt be as harsh as "kill yourself" but there would be some definite berating.

fed ex package tracking is real good, as we speak i have a package on a delivery truck soon to be in my hands, thats from the tracking site....pretty good

truth...this thread was spawned by amazon.com actually...fourthehardway.com started it though. raven needs to get on that fedex tip so im not peeing my pants wondering which day my book is going to show up.

the usps sucks. i had to constantly deal with them with my previous job, and i would always have to ask for a supervisor because they are all to lazy to help over the phone

a lot of people at the usps are incompetant motherfuckers. i got a pobox there, and use my name and my company name for it when receiving mail (you can choose up to three). even though i registered for the company name to be used, i still wasn't receiving mail because those ignorant employees didn't update the info for my box. so shit was getting bounced back. i went up to them and they said the name wasn't registered, so i had to get it resolved. but why the fuck do i still get shitloads of mail with other people's names who were previous owners of the box, when their name isn't on the box. yet i couldn't get my own mail because supposedly that name wasn't "on the box."

^^not cause i'm at a bar on the internet..drunk... but cause i still think you are a tool

much love...you had a screen name of a gay actor...haaahaaa

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now