Nintendo Wii

Mainter

Nintendo Wii to hit U.S. stores Nov. 19

060914_nintendowii_hmed_730a.hmedium.jpg

Nintendo's next-generation video-game console, called "Wii," is scheduled for release in the United States on Nov. 19 at a cost of $249.99.

so whats yer take on this thing will you buy it for the holiday or not??

its cheaper then the playstation 3 is gonna be and what xbox 360 is.... but the graphics and the amount of games on the Wii are going to be very limited i think.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^You're gotdamn right, iloveboxcars.

And I think it'll be better than most people think.

Nintendo's going in a different direction with the Wii, unlike the other two companies.

I mean, do you guys actually want to play the same exact games, but with better graphics?

And do you really want to spend up to 600$(PS3) to do it?

Go here to get news on pretty much everything Wii.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=7456513&publicUserId=5379721

I'll probably get a PS3 and a Wii eventually.

The PS3 because it's awesome.

The Wii because I can't stand the thought of a new way of gaming coming about and never experiencing it. I've always been afraid of the day that my kid (when I have kids eventually in the far far far future) would have some sort of game that I couldn't even play. Like they way my folks have always been with games, they just don't understand them. And I never want to be like that.

Also, MGS4 and Zelda respectively.

It's a real fear.

-fuse.

the Wii will be a failure, just like the Gamecube and the N64. there i said it.

- from a formerly loyal NES, SNES, and N64 owner.

okay, so the N64 didn't really fail. but it struggled. Gamecube struggled even harder. Wii has the innovative motion censor controller going for it, and the cheapest prices. but it will most likely repeat the mistake of the N64 and Gamecube -- small selection of games, and a small target towards "mature" gamers. and the question is, will they fail again to include the ability to play DVD's and CD's. and the graphics just look like slightly nicer Gamecube graphics.

I like the price.

the 360 retailed around introduction time at what, $500 ? $400 ?

$300 for the "barebones" system, $400 for the real thing. PS3 gonna be $500 and $600 and they say they'll be losing 400-500 dollars on each system they sell.

The Wii looks ok, the games don't look so hot right now, though. If they pull of the controller it'll be nice to have something NEW in videogames for once, but they need the software and right now other than Zelda and Mario there ain't much going for it.

$300 for the "barebones" system, $400 for the real thing. PS3 gonna be $500 and $600 and they say they'll be losing 400-500 dollars on each system they sell.

The Wii looks ok, the games don't look so hot right now, though. If they pull of the controller it'll be nice to have something NEW in videogames for once, but they need the software and right now other than Zelda and Mario there ain't much going for it.

afaik theyll be losing $200-300 per system, not 400-500, not like it makes much of a difference. sony fucked themselves over.

good price tag..

i saw a video on youtube about the controller and its motion sensor technology...

impressive indeed...

re4 hit the gamecube first... so i dont know much about this system not targeting mature audiences...

ps3 all the way however...

although like many i will probably have to wait for a price drop.