Nintendo Wii

Mainter

um. then that's exactly what the ps3 and the new xbox are too.

every next gen. console is supposed to be just a step up from the last.

sega dreamcast was a good system they just couldnt harbor support for it.

i don't think so. i mean the ps2 was a huge step up from the psone.

also, it is noted that the "leaps" into the next-gen systems are getting smaller as they get closer to "reality" -- graphics, fluidity, animations, etc. so the jump from xbox to xbox 360 is a lot smaller than from NES to Super NES. i read something about how it's getting harder and harder to make the huge leaps as done in the past.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like how in those Wii promotional commercials they have dudes being all dramatic when "cutting" someone with the sword or firing a bow and arrow, and jumping from behind a couch and shooting. when you can get the same results just flicking the wrists and shit. you don't have to make the kung fu facial expressions and do backflips in your living room. nobody's really going to do that.

i like how in those Wii promotional commercials they have dudes being all dramatic when "cutting" someone with the sword or firing a bow and arrow, and jumping from behind a couch and shooting. when you can get the same results just flicking the wrists and shit. you don't have to make the kung fu facial expressions and do backflips in your living room. nobody's really going to do that.

Dude, when I play Burnout or Ninja Gaiden on Xbox I'm flipping all over the goddamn room. I'm gonna be a total nerdtron when I get my hands on that Wii controller, I'm gonna be locking doors to my room and going batshit.

Only thing I don't like about nintendo is the cartoony feel that they make a lot of their games have. I'll admit, they are awesome games, but I do get tired of bright colors and such sometimes.

-fuse.

Also, to those of you that think keep referencing PS3 trailers:

Playstation is infamous for releasing FMVs for commercials/publicity, and not in-game graphics.

It's not going to fail, sorry. Even with the price tag, every various video game store friends of mine work at are pre-sold out of PS3s. It's fucking Sony dude, sorry.

i agree. Sony has the "Playstation" name, which is a big deal. Playstation has become almost synonymous with "game system." a lot of people don't even acknowledge xbox or nintendo exists.

Dreamcast was an awesome system. And I NEVER remember it being sold out. I dunno where you live, but it started off with poor sales, and ended that way too.

But it didn't have alot of third party games, and that fucked it over. I still play my Dreamcast, shit is tight son. Mad tight.

You can get games off ebay for a dollar.

yeah i always thought dreamcast was a great system. their best one since genesis. i don't know why they didn't really push the system like they should've. then again i'm guessing as soon as sony announced the ps2 was going to have DVD (around the time DVD just started to take off), then that was all she wrote for the dreamcast. DVD was a smart move cuz i know i needed a DVD player, but also wanted a game system so PS2 worked on me and i'm sure millions of others

i agree. Sony has the "Playstation" name, which is a big deal. Playstation has become almost synonymous with "game system." a lot of people don't even acknowledge xbox or nintendo exists.

I recall when Nintendo was synonymous with video games. I remember people not even saying video games and just saying Nintendo, what happened? sony came out with the ps1 and nintendo released the N64. All it takes is one new system to knock them out the box. Maybe 'gamers' will buy a ps3 for 600 bucks but the market majority wont. parents aint shelling out that loot for their 12 year old to play a fucking video game.

I recall when Nintendo was synonymous with video games. I remember people not even saying video games and just saying Nintendo, what happened? sony came out with the ps1 and nintendo released the N64. All it takes is one new system to knock them out the box. Maybe 'gamers' will buy a ps3 for 600 bucks but the market majority wont. parents aint shelling out that loot for their 12 year old to play a fucking video game.

yeah nintendo had the crown until playstation one came out

xbox 360 has like 4 games...ps3 will fail due to it costing almost 700 bucks.... i like nintendo

X-Box has at least 20 games at this point. Sony will launch with four more games than the 360 did.

Sega used to be on top, too, they were ahead in the 16-bit wars up until near the end. Sony knocked them both off. It's plausible that Sony could lose out in a sales war with another console, but there is a key difference in this situation that works out in Sony's favor. Sony isn't primarily a game company. They have billions in revenue a year and also own a huge chunk of the mass-media both here and in Japan. They can lose out on a few billion with the PS3 and not even take much of a hit. Stocks will drop a bit, some firings will happen, but they will be able to come back.

Sega and Nintendo were only game companies and still are only game companies. They couldn't/can't afford to take a hit like Sony or Microsoft can. Microsoft lost four billion on the first X-Box and they are hitting harder than ever. Nintendo can't lose money like that, Sega couldn't either. It's a changing landscape and it gets harder and harder to make comparisons with previous generations of hardware as time and tech goes by. If Nintendo could afford it, you bet they'd be making a system as glamorous as the 360 or PS3.

Microsoft will not be out of the game for at least two years of failure, if it happens. Sony won't be out of the game for a very long time, either. Sony makes $67 billion in a year, Microsoft makes $40 billion.

Nintendo makes $4 billion.

I've got four games for it, two of which I've played the crap outta: Call of Duty 2 and Dead Rising. It's been dry, but they pushed the system out early. Most of the games for PS3 will be released for the 360 at the same time. TBH, there are only one or two games getting released for the PS3 on launch that won't be on 360 and only one or two that I'm personally interested in playing.