The I <3 Sushi Thread

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure. I'll get shiromaguro ngiri almost every time I go. This shit melts in your mouth and because of the onions and garlic they put on top gives of a nice contrast of flavor and the coolness of the fish makes everything go down so smooth. Add a little lemon right on top for some citrus and wash it all down with an ice cold beer and you're in my idea of heaven.

sushigen03.JPG

242662137_4806322ab0_m.jpg

hamachi%202.jpg

I don't know what kind of of over-the-top sushi places you guys go to, but I've never seen a roll look like half the shit you guys are posting.

I survive on vegetable rolls.

dude the dragon rolls are made to look like that at one of the places I go to...they are bad fuckin ass...

dude the dragon rolls are made to look like that at one of the places I go to...they are bad fuckin ass...

Oh, I don't doubt that. ALLLLL of this shit looks fucking fantastic.

I guess I was just being bitter when I called those rolls 'over the top'.

But how can I not be? I've been content eating these plain-ass vegetable, Philly and cucumber rolls for the past decade thinking my shit was good.

Then, out of nowhere, people start posting pictures of these big, elaborate rolls with bucket seats and functional DVD players that fold out from between the seaweed and rice, and look like they should be served by a one-legged midget who juggles flaming glass chainsaws while you eat with diamond-crusted chopsticks.

I mean, damn. I walked into this thread hungry and left with a sushi inferiority complex.

Oh, I don't doubt that. ALLLLL of this shit looks fucking fantastic.

I guess I was just being bitter when I called those rolls 'over the top'.

But how can I not be? I've been content eating these plain-ass vegetable, Philly and cucumber rolls for the past decade thinking my shit was good.

Then, out of nowhere, people start posting pictures of these big, elaborate rolls with bucket seats and functional DVD players that fold out from between the seaweed and rice, and look like they should be served by a one-legged midget who juggles flaming glass chainsaws while you eat with diamond-crusted chopsticks.

I mean, damn. I walked into this thread hungry and left with a sushi inferiority complex.

hahahahahaha I am in fucking tears...I just got a new sig...

Sushi isn't that much if you do it right.. Plus you can find good place that do the all you can eat for under $30.. At least where I'm at... Zero Cool seems like the mother fucker to roll with...

Two questions:

I understand that what we usually consider sushi is more a fusion. Where as more traditional sushi is dictated by what the chef gives you.. You don't so much order as you take his selection.

Is this true??

And isn't the wasabi we usually get not real wasabi?