The I <3 Sushi Thread

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Weapon X@Mar 14 2006, 02:03 PM

I like sushi, but I'm not gonna post any further because the worst people in the world are the "Heyyy, let's go for sushi sashimi california rolls, etc, etc and then let's go for drinks" type of people. They're even worse than the "Let's go for taquitos and burritos, holmes" mexicans.

I rememeber in high school, it was always the tea drinking nardos who frequented the sushi joint. Then they'd show up to class and say stupidness like "Mmmmm! That bento box was wonderful! Next time, we'll get a sake pot to go with the sashimi rolls!"

Man, I need to work out or something. This no work/school thing is killing me.

Davis, CA, has the most monster lunch time buffet for $13. Sushi boat style love with a constant parade of top notch stuff...Not just cali rolls and bullshit seawees wraps....we're talking spider rolls, fresh oysters, beans, etc.....if you don't see it on the line, the sushi chefs will make it for you on request.

But get there early....there's always a HUGE line and people get VERY territorial about their slot to be up next

Originally posted by MAR@Mar 14 2006, 01:48 PM

california rolls are nice and so are the avacado rolls. i verlently hate sashimi, nearly puked when i ate it. raw fish taste to the max. not cool.

You must have had shitty sashimi.

Really good sushi/sashimi really doesn't taste much like you would think raw fish does.

Just remember, if it stinks, it's not REALLY fresh.

-fuse.

Originally posted by DETO@Mar 14 2006, 10:28 AM

a couple weeks ago, when i got that caterpillar roll the sushi was off the chain, till we got the bill. that was not so handsome, but it was worth it. and yesterday we tried this new place that was promoting an "all you can eat" deal for $25 a person. it was damn good, but the waitress and the sushi chief started to mean mug us toward the end. we cleared at least a bills worth of sushi between two of us.

SHIT man. i think that vancouver is the cheapest spot for sushi other than japan ! - we have a sushi koint on average 2 or 3 per block downtown and like 1 per 1 km in the boons - and its not that expensive at all..... 25$ for all you can eat? try 11.99$ Canadian for lunch special right next to my house!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bento box

Guest R@ndomH3ro
Originally posted by D0WN@Mar 14 2006, 09:34 PM

3_18-90-1873-460_2003082883425.jpg

it's called UNI aka sea urchin roe. try it

Did try it, it tastes like low tide bursting in your mouth. Its sick and gooey. :yuck: