The I <3 Sushi Thread

DETO

sushi grade fish is in reality a waste of money and time, if you want to make sushi at home, do things like this

tuna. just look for fresh cuts of tuna at seafood markets they will run you usually $15 a lbs take them home and lightly sear them on all sides, then use them for a roll

same for scallops, then they can be used in a spicey scallop roll or spicey scallep sushi.

doing this you basicly get the same sushi quality you would ecspect but dont have to worry about shitting for 5 days ccause you have a tape worm =)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by 909+Mar 23 2006, 10:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (909 - Mar 23 2006, 10:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-alure@Mar 23 2006, 09:51 PM

none of my friends in this city like sushi.. it sucks..

i feel you on this, i got no one to go with.. everytime i go i have to bring someone different whos willing to try it and never ends up liking it

[/b]

Alure, ain't no shame in having some steak and potatoes type friends. It beats having some phony ass 'artiste' sushi loving friends. Not that I have any of those; I'm just saying.

Originally posted by AREANKAY@Mar 23 2006, 10:15 PM

sushi grade fish is in reality a waste of money and time, if you want to make sushi at home, do things like this

tuna. just look for fresh cuts of tuna at seafood markets they will run you usually $15 a lbs take them home and lightly sear them on all sides, then use them for a roll

same for scallops, then they can be used in a spicey scallop roll or spicey scallep sushi.

doing this you basicly get the same sushi quality you would ecspect but dont have to worry about shitting for 5 days ccause you have a tape worm =)

Good to know.

-fuse.

Originally posted by Weapon X+Mar 23 2006, 08:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Weapon X - Mar 23 2006, 08:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by 909@Mar 23 2006, 10:26 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-alure@Mar 23 2006, 09:51 PM

none of my friends in this city like sushi.. it sucks..

i feel you on this, i got no one to go with.. everytime i go i have to bring someone different whos willing to try it and never ends up liking it

Alure, ain't no shame in having some steak and potatoes type friends. It beats having some phony ass 'artiste' sushi loving friends. Not that I have any of those; I'm just saying.

[/b]

SHIT I love steak and potatos tooo..liking food because you consider yourself part of a clique is fucking retarded.. i love all food

you know i get down on some chicken and potatos too

Originally posted by alure+Mar 23 2006, 07:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alure - Mar 23 2006, 07:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>okay i lied..i'm back in this thread..

i'm real hungry. i wish there was a 24 hour sushi joint..

or would that be kinda weird? do they have those?

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-AREANKAY@Mar 23 2006, 07:26 PM

i dunno about the 24 hrs.

but i saw video of japan they have the spots where the sushi goes round and round and you sit at your table and just pick off the belt what you want, and the sushi just keeps roatating.

i need a plane ticket to japan.

for both of you, i prescribe ; VANCOUVER

The "Tsukiji" chain of sushi bars/ resto's are open quite late, I'd say until about 2am in there central spots...

and the convience stores have decent sushi / onigiri 24/7..

But in the central areas there's always atleast one proper , private , sit-down type of place around to eat fish delights..

Keiten Sushi (the rotating ones) go on late__ but usually not all night~

segoi - onatagasuita~

Yuck. I've only had sushi twice on a whim and hated the taste of both. I can't remember exactly what I ate on either occasions, but I just wasn't feeling it. It tasted like lame salad and I hate salad.

Even still... I can't help but wonder if I'm missing out on anything. Can anyone recommend me some decent sushi? Something sweet or with a solid taste would probably work for me. Maybe tuna? I obviously have litle idea.

damm... im dying for some sushi... and i run into this?

when i get a nice paycheck... i treat my self to like 70-100 bux worth of sushi...

-tuna tataki

-sashimi appetizer (white tuna/tuna only)

-Dragon Roll

-Miami nice (tuna/c.cheese and some onther stuff wrapped in cucumber, no rice)

-california roll

-LOBSTER ROLL!!! <--- #1 fried lobster/rice/letuce/some other stuff/spicy mayo its the best!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

inari.jpg

INARI IS THE BEST SUSHI EVER MADE. CUZ IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY OF THAT WEIRD STUFF. JUST RICE, WITH A SWEET CAKE-SKIN ON THE OUTSIDE (MADE OUT OF FRIED TOFU).

TUNA ROLLS WITH THE SEAWEED ARE COOL AS IS SASHIMI. YALL CAN HAVE THAT OCTOPUS EEL NONSENSE. ALTHOUGH I DID HAVE TO EAT OCTOPUS IN FRONT OF JAPANESE PEOPLE JUST TO BE POLITE. HAD NO TASTE BUT THE TEXTURE WAS RUBBERY.

• 9 months later...