<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

I recently installed Windows 98 on a new imac.

Shit worked fine.

Smooth sailing.

But, when I went to install the drivers a message pops up saying that:

"Bootcamp requires Windows 7"

Then it just denies me what I desire.

I tried downloading the drivers from the Apple sites and they didn't work.

Anybody got a link or info?

Any of you nurgaz able to helpify me?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I recently installed Windows 98 on a new imac.

Shit worked fine.

Smooth sailing.

But, when I went to install the drivers a message pops up saying that:

"Bootcamp requires Windows 7"

Then it just denies me what I desire.

I tried downloading the drivers from the Apple sites and they didn't work.

Anybody got a link or info?

Any of you nurgaz able to helpify me?

Instead of using Bootcamp, use Parallels because it supports the installation of Win 98. It definitely saves you a TON of memory because it only needs about 2 gigs to install, unlike BC which needs about 10. The reason you're getting that message is because BC simply doesn't support Win 98. Windows XP and higher should work fine, though.

Fuck, I meant Windows XP.

I dunno why I said 98.

Same deal though?

It should support Windows XP. I suggest to get rid of BC and use Parallels, much simpler installation. But, if you want to stay with BC here's a link that should tell you how to install Win XP on it. It says stuff about partitioning which I've honestly never done because I've never had an interest.

• Like 1

question. I have this nice big 20 something inch imac (26 ?). I also have mint on a PC. I rather not clutter up my workspace with another monitor, mouse, and keyboard. I dont want linux on a VM either. I have a decent box put together with a good processor and lots of memory and storage space. Can hook the PC up to the Imac somehow? A KVM ? I just want the Imac monitor to be shared. The internals I rather stay asleep. Im sort of curious about this since its all in 1. Either way its not a huge deal. I will just have to set Mint up in another room

Check pm's. Thanks for the try though.

Still in need of an invite.

I sent you one.

I'm not even sure this is the right thread for this, but...

Anyone got any idea which CFW for a psp is best to upgrade to from 5.50 Gen-D3?

It's been ages since I last did it and it seems my brain doesn't want to cooperate.

• Like 1

Trying to connect this Dell laptop to the wireless with Ubuntu. The laptop has a Broadcom card and Broadcom is some broads. They didn't share source code with Linux developers and as such then never made a driver for it. I know about Ndiswrapper and all that but im just learning the shell cmds. Brand new at this Linux. I thought i could solve the problem with a wireless USB. I went and bought one thats the same brand as my router. No good on that either. It cant read the archive file. Any suggestions? I could probably do the ndiswrapper hookup but if there is another way Im all for it.

what you can do is..

reboot Ubuntu, then make sure you have a ethernet cable is connected (and its other requirements), then it should be able to get the drivers after you search for them again, after the boot completed it's install. if not, its just really that type of NIC, because my lady had the same problem but lucky it fixed itself when i did this.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me how I can save videos (you someplace like youtube) from the internet? I have a mac, if that makes a difference.

Firefox baby. look for the mp4 app "add-ons" to be on correct terms.

basically you just go on the site where the video is on then you press the button on where you decide to put it on firefox and it should have instructions on there.

I did those things. I had it connected directly to the router, reinstalled ubuntu no luck, went looking for drivers, no luck. Its the NIC all right. I tried Mint too. Thinking maybe it was just an oversight with ubuntu but no.

Oh wow..

which ubuntu were you trying to upload? 10.10 or 11.04

(11.04 - which i know for a fact it wont work for that,well working as connected to the Internet, still bugged)

10.10 you gonna have to get familiar with Terminal

Question whats the whole name of that dell n your NIC?

..maybe theres an ' sudo apt-get install..' you need to do and your done. lol.

also.. is the wireless button enable? (it happens..)

Guest Ginger Bread Man

Need a mac expert help.

Clean installed osx 10.6 but couldn't get the updates (itunes, pro app update, 10.6.7 combo update), i kept getting a connection reset by peer, the file appears to be tampered with and is corrupted.). I tried the offline combo fix from apples site and still no dice.

I did plenty of research and nothing fixed the problem so i installed osx 10.6.3 thinking it would solve the problem. I zeroed out the disk before the first and second install so as to start fresh. Still i can't get the updates, conn timed out, conn reset by peer...

I also can't restore my itouch because i get the same feedback.

Help?

Ive tried deleting pref files, previous dl dmg files as well as cleared the cache, repaired permissions, verified the drive for errors?

a friend of mine has been trying to run parallel on his mac but it doesnt wanna run any of you have any suggestions?

Are there any messages popping up telling him it won't work? If so, post it on here and maybe I can see what's going on nurga. Your question is vague, so I'm sure I need a lot more than "it won't run."

If he got Parallels illegally, make sure he doesn't register his version. If he does, the program won't work.

Also, make sure that he hasn't moved the files that it needs to boot up the Windows OS. If he has moved them, tell him to put it back into the original place where it was found.

Those are just a couple of troubleshooting tips. Just get back at me with a more solid explination and I will help you crack diz sheet mang.

Need a mac expert help.

Clean installed osx 10.6 but couldn't get the updates (itunes, pro app update, 10.6.7 combo update), i kept getting a connection reset by peer, the file appears to be tampered with and is corrupted.). I tried the offline combo fix from apples site and still no dice.

I did plenty of research and nothing fixed the problem so i installed osx 10.6.3 thinking it would solve the problem. I zeroed out the disk before the first and second install so as to start fresh. Still i can't get the updates, conn timed out, conn reset by peer...

I also can't restore my itouch because i get the same feedback.

Help?

Ive tried deleting pref files, previous dl dmg files as well as cleared the cache, repaired permissions, verified the drive for errors?

This sounds really weird. If you're getting connection errors and time outs, it may be your internet that's fucking up. Try going to like Barnes and Noble or a friends house and see if it will work with their internet. I will do some research myself. Also, if what I suggested doesn't work and if I don't find anything, take it to the Apple store. If they want to charge you, tell them it's a hardware problem and to suck your dick because they're money leeching faggots.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

it definitely isn't my connection because ive tried at various places including hotspots. i finally got quicktimes updated but i cannot successfully download any updates<not even offline directly from server>

managed to get itunes to update last week but the combo/pro apps update will time out always, no questions about it. i even created new account and tried with that < how i managed to get itunes installed>.

in limbo...