<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

so i have a keyboard that just so happens to have a sleep mode key right above my esc key

every once and a while i hit the sleep button instead of escape and fucks my whole shit up of going through the sleep mode process

how do i disable that key? if there's no solution, i'm ripping it off my keyboard

619hJY7g9ZL._SS500_.jpg

only image i found of my keyboard without taking one. you can see how close they are to each other in the top left corner

if you have an HP system that this keyboard came from then, it should have came with software or you can download it from the HP website

inside the software settings there will be a section about hotkeys, you can disable the hotkeys (like the volume, sleep, instant web and other similar hotkeys) or you can just reconfigure certain ones you want and do not want if the software is good enough

if not just pour some liquid on top of it and get a new keyboard

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Can anyone tell me how I can make my wireless network more secure. I am running a D-Link 801.2/2.4GHz router from my Speedstream 4200 modem, and was wondering how I can make it so I need a password to access the network wirelessly so the neighbours can't leech off me.

Oh and I am using Vista if that helps.

Step 1 Open your web browser such as Internet Explorer. Enter the IP address of the access point (default is 192.168.0.50) and press Enter.

Step 2 Enter your username (admin) and your password (leave blank by default). Click OK.

Step 3 Click on the Tools tab at the top and then click Admin.

password.gif

Step 4 Enter your new user name and then enter the old password (if any). Enter your new password and click Apply. After the access point restarts, you will be required to enter your new user name and password.

----

not sure how much this will help you but it's all i could find

ok, so i have two computers in my apt, mine, and my roommate's laptop. when the internet dies on my desktop, his computer is fine (thus how i'm typing this) but my desktop won't do shit, the little internet icon never has the little earth show up. my roommate says it's because i have mcafee, i'm just wondering why my computer just doesn't like the connection it's got. it works like 75% of the time but when it goes out, it goes out for a long time.

oh, and i had just restarted my computer, when my internet died, because that mcafee thing told me to, when it turned back on the internet was dead, fine before i restarted, dead when it came back on... I tried reseting the modem, all the lights are blinking right. wtf???

you got to download ALL the parts and then use winRAR to extract them into a folder which will give you a movie file most likely in AVI,MKV,MP4,or DIVX format and you take DVD Flick and burn it to DVD

also, there are a lot of fakes out there, biggest sign is that they have an EXE attached to them

does dvd flick actually burn the dvd, or just prepare it to be burned in another program????

i just upgraded to this windows vista shit and it fucking sucks...

i tried using the windows dvd maker and its saying my video card doesn't meet the minimum

system requirements, but dell says i got everything i need to burn dvds

Can anyone tell me how I can make my wireless network more secure. I am running a D-Link 801.2/2.4GHz router from my Speedstream 4200 modem, and was wondering how I can make it so I need a password to access the network wirelessly so the neighbours can't leech off me.

Oh and I am using Vista if that helps.

you need some sort of encryption to be more secure,

there should be "wireless setting" tab in there.

choose what type of encryption you want, wep/wpa, go for the one with more weird characters, wpa..

Windows 7 is out. Anybody have it yet?

If so, i need your feedback and a copy.

Speaking of copy, seffiks, still havent received that copy of the cd i broke.

also, do you need a copy of 7 too? you want x64 or x86 (32bit)

Love windows 7 been running it for about 2 years now sense Alpha was released I have never had it crash runs like Beautiful like vista with the speed and stability of XP. Very simple to use.

I am waiting to get my hands on the windows 8 kernel ( will support 128Bit)

Ill PM you the serial soon. My operating system is 64bit for windows 7. I know i tried downloading windows 7 beta from you before and cant remember where our conversation went and why i stopped downloading it.

I still have crossloop installed if you want to go direct, but if you have another alternative, thats fine.

edit* You need a serial number for windows 7 as well?

• Like 1