The turbo car thread

Avancier

Whats up guys? Long time no see.

My Z is still running great. Had a little tranny trouble, but nothing a new t5 couldnt fix. She's down in florida living the semi retired life.

Meanwhile I ended up with a new place and it had a garage. Naturally I grabbed anything I could find to stuff in there. It ended up being a 89 240sx coupe (yeah, I know jump on the bandwagon).

A few months later and Im about 98% done with the ka24de swap, and have amassed a good arsenal of parts going towards my turbo setup on her. I rebuilt the engine, new pistons, piston rings, bearings..all the good stuff. I will probably end up putting on a silvia front end...Im not a big fan of the pig nose. Also I have some stance coilovers lined up at a good price, so those should be on soon too. I don't plan on drifting her, but it being more of a nice daily driver. Well, perhaps some auto-x here and there. Anyways, I'm finishing the wiring and bullshit, Ill try and snap some pictures later.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I would love to see pictures Shameless.... I remember the last ones you posted, your car is beautiful. I'd like to see the new one too... there's nothing wrong with that bandwagon and in all reality, not everyone has a converted 240... I mean, they're around, but I don't see them too often... and I'm still impressed when I do.

I've seen Geo Metro's with that motor swap in them as well.... I think the power/weight ratio still works out well... haha.

Also, I dunno if you all have heard my rant about how the auto manufacturers are making all these commercials boasting HP numbers on their new cars.... are the consumers naive enough to not know that what matters is horsepower : weight ratio? 1000HP doesn't matter if your vehicle weighs 40,000 pounds, I mean that's a bit of an extreme example... but, you get the idea.... it's deceiving.

The final drive is key. Too high though and there goes your gas mileage. But who gives a shit about gas economy right? That is why I love the turbo inline 4. Acts like a bigger motor when you want it to, and in vacuum it is still getting the economy of an normal inline 4.

Forget about your four banger turbos. Get some real power and turbo a 5.0 Mustang.

Stop trying to squeeze twice as much fuel through huge injectors and stressing your engines by revving to 8,000 RPM all day just to make the power a V8 can produce stock. A turbocharged V8 at 8 psi, say, is actually more boost than a turbo I4 at 16 psi. Also, stop wasting your time and money into front wheel drive shitboxes. Grow some nuts and get right wheel drive.

i used to drive a dsm, 1990 eclipse gsx.

had it lowered 2", 17's, 3" catback exhaust with 02 dump, evoIII 16g, SAFC, mbc, new intake and intercooler piping, but no FMIC.

Crashed it though, was a fun car to launch. i think it did around 12.5 but never had it timed. did race it at the tracks though for street racing nights.

i used to drive a dsm, 1990 eclipse gsx.

had it lowered 2", 17's, 3" catback exhaust with 02 dump, evoIII 16g, SAFC, mbc, new intake and intercooler piping, but no FMIC.

Crashed it though, was a fun car to launch. i think it did around 12.5 but never had it timed. did race it at the tracks though for street racing nights.

That's a shame... so wait, let me get this straight... your GIRL car was fun to drive... hahaha. I'm kidding... I've had some of the most ignorant people I've ever known in life say that eclipses are girl cars.... of course they're things like nascar/harley fans... hahaha.

Forget about your four banger turbos. Get some real power and turbo a 5.0 Mustang.

Stop trying to squeeze twice as much fuel through huge injectors and stressing your engines by revving to 8,000 RPM all day just to make the power a V8 can produce stock. A turbocharged V8 at 8 psi, say, is actually more boost than a turbo I4 at 16 psi. Also, stop wasting your time and money into front wheel drive shitboxes. Grow some nuts and get right wheel drive.

Shut your face wound you redneck piece of shit. Since your Mustang runs off of pork rinds, I suppose that is the reason you attract such large women. Or is it, since large women eat porkrinds (probably, but I wouldnt know), and you cant afford to keep putting gas in that archaic behemoth, you attract them on purpose to be able to get around town and to your shitty dead-end construction job................................ "Throw that bag in the tank honey, we've got tickets to the oval track tonight and we're runnin' on an eighth of a tank, haw-haw"

Sorry that we're not all over 30 and can't see things your way. I guess it must be hard riding the tails of the muscle car era that you just missed being born into by about, oh, five or six years.

Eclipses are strippers cars.

Seriously, go around back of a strip club, you'll see like 5 of them with SKIN stickers on them, and a couple Mustangs too.

Well see this is a close-minded statement. Yes, girls thought they were cute and everything, but like I've said before, there's a big difference between...

This

1998EclipseGSX004.jpg

And this

image3351.jpg

The 2g eclipse is round and girly... the eagle talon has different trim on it, and the 1g is just dead sexy. The thing is, most of the ones you see on the road are not the turbo models, and if they're the 2g eclipse non turbo model, they have a piece of shit chrysler 420a motor in them which is the same thing that's in the dodge neon (hmmm dodge trying to compete with imports?)... and are known to spin rod bearings rather easily. Strippers also do not work on cars, they do not know shit about them, and probably don't even change their own oil. None of this is true for me and about 98% of all other turbo model dsm owners.

I would go further to say that camaro's and slowstangs are girl cars, any red blooded redneck american loves these heavy underpowered pieces of american crap engineering and girls shit their little g-strings when they see a mustang (6cyl or not)... it's a dumb person's "fast car".

In response to ol jackass talking about 8psi on a 8 cylinder being more than 16 on an i4... that is all relative. Read up on cfm's and larger turbos on i4 cars, compare the numbers, and come back and tell us what you've found. I can pretty much say right now that there is no end all argument for what's better than what, and if you want to start comparing shitboxes to imported cars, let's also bring up the power to weight ratio factor, or the horse power per liter of displacement factor. When you are much more knowledgable on what you're talking about then you can come play with the big boys that aren't still fixing their starters by tapping them with a hammer... hahaha.

Hopefully , pics tomorrow for you guys to laugh at...kid across the street from me has an 07' Impreza , non-WRX . Yet he went out and had the STi spoiler put on , with the STi wheels and some shitty window banner . I purposely made my 05' EVO-driving friend stop over when him and his boys were jocking the Impreza . Of course my friend Jeff w/ the EVO couldn't help himself making " Pssssh " noises on our front porch . :lol: The EVO has a lot of Buschur stuff , and is fun .

P.S. - Galant VR-4's are still my favorite DSM . And anyone with one looking to sell under $7000 hit me up . :cool:

haha, that is funny... ricers. Oh, and Buschur parts are "the business"... he knows his shit and has been in the game for a long time now. It's good to see most of the people that were good with dsm's moving on to doing things for the evo's, being that they motor is nearly identical.... in fact the engine code is still 4g63, but the head is turned around on the evo, with the exhaust manifold on the firewall side of the motor....

Try dsmtrader.com You may find some vr4's there, they should be that expensive anymore.

Yeah I've passed on 2 so far . I saw how they were modded and figured another $2000 & $3000 to fix what they fucked up , of well . Yeah Buschur being 45 minutes from Cleveland , Ohio is a fun drive . Even being a " Nissan/Datsun " guy , I fell in love with the 4G63 . There's rumor of a 4G63-powered 2nd Gen RX-7 being built in NE-Ohio...can't wait to see if it's true .

oh god why, why the hell would you ever take out the greatest motor ever put in a us rx7 and replace it with a 4g...

Because people in Ohio do weird shit like that , I kinda like it . I mean who would ever guess ? :cool:

Archived