AKA copies...

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got my copy today. I have to say raven, I'm really impressed. I did not get a silver or a gold, but in a way I'm

happy about that. I like the aesthetics of the black cover more. I think my favorite thing about the book on a quick

glance is the way the book seems to engage you. The white open spaces at the end of the progressive sketch section. Or providing the

truck and train forms for people to copy and play with. Overall I just wanted to say out of the last several books I've

bought geared towards graffiti, this is the most interesting yet. In its presentation and content. The gloss overlays

are amazing by the way. How many of the boards are left on fourthehardway? I am gettin paid on friday

and am hopin to catch one of them.

I agree with shape1369.

I too just recieved my Neutral Edition of AKAv1.

Shit is hot. Too hot for me to absorb in one sitting.

I need to get back with my review after I let it digest.

Also, got my AKAx5Boro deck.

I noticed it says, "Collaboration I - Neutral Edition x 250"

Does this lead me to believe that there will be a Gold and Silver Edition for the decks as well?

I just got my copy from germany today, and I gotta say I'm impressed. The one concern I had from seeing the previews was that it would be a re-hash of material we'd seen before (desa doing insides, again) but it was not the case at all. The photography, the design, the expense put into the printing effects, everything was top notch. After shipping I think I would up dropping like $90 to get my copy, and it was worth every cent. I just wanna thank raven for putting this one out, and show me where to sign up for a copy of issue 2.

i appreciate all the kind words, and am glad everyone's excited about the project. so far feedback has been pretty tremendous from pretty much everyone. certainly a lot of work went into the project, so it's nice to have it noticed. and it's especially good to hear people feel like they got their money's worth on the book. we tried like hell to not go over the $38 mark on this one, but after everything was said and done, it was impossible. regardless, expect much more where that one came from cause we're just getting warmed up.

Came in today. All around an excelent publication. Id have to say that at first skim, the way that the sections are partitioned is ill... thats just what jumped out at me about the construct. Im sure after I get to sit down with it (two kids and two jobs at current) Im sure I will say everything that has been said... its dope. Good job.

Archived