Next Generation Game Consoles

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i own a ps2 slimline, never owned an xbox. one dominating factor with xbox is the hard drive. i know the big clunky ps2's had a hard drive kit...anyhow, my point is...a hard drive in a gaming system can make a big difference especially since you can drop an os like linux on it.

there are some great mods being done to the old xbox. media centers, etc. if it's multi faceted, it's good. my ps2 sits around alot. i pick it up and play it every once in awhile to cure boredom. rent a game maybe once a month. maybe.

just my 2 cents

LOL Mr.ABC!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/grantu...tml?tag=mp_2to9

^ streaming video of Gran Turismo 5.

I like this new controller, what with the roundy buttons and sleek design, but I fear that many a beer will be spilt on my table because of the big protruding thingamajigs.

They need to make a controller that sends electric jolts to the hand so the gamer doesn't experience "video game claw-itis".

Originally posted by casekonly@May 17 2005, 12:11 AM

i own a ps2 slimline, never owned an xbox. one dominating factor with xbox is the hard drive. i know the big clunky ps2's had a hard drive kit...anyhow, my point is...a hard drive in a gaming system can make a big difference especially since you can drop an os like linux on it.

there are some great mods being done to the old xbox. media centers, etc. if it's multi faceted, it's good. my ps2 sits around alot. i pick it up and play it every once in awhile to cure boredom. rent a game maybe once a month. maybe.

just my 2 cents

Don't forget downloadable levels and other software add-ons. I think it'd be great to demo a game from the comfort of my home and for relatively cheap, rather than go rent a game, beat half of it, return it, then buy it, then beat it shortly after.

^^ we gots style!

from gamespot:

The PlayStation 3 will also sport some hefty multimedia features, such as video chat, Internet access, digital photo viewing, and digital audio and video. Speaking of video, Sony Computer Entertainment's chief technical officer Masa Chatani was on hand to show off the PS3's panoramic video functions. Since the console has two HD outputs, it is can be hooked up to two side-by-side HDTVs to projecting video in a 32:9 extra-widescreen format (think Cinemascope in your living room). Like a gigantic version of the Nintendo DS, the dual digital outputs also allow for an extended game display, with the action on one screen and either game information or video chat on the second.

Out of the box, the PS3 will have the capability to support seven Bluetooth controllers, which can be used for nearly 24 hours before they require charging. Later, pictures of the controllers themselves were released, showing their almost boomerang-like shape. It will also have six USB slots for peripherals: four up front and two in the back. As rumored, it will also have Wi-Fi connectivity to the PSP, which can be used as a remote screen and/or controller.

Anyway, I don't know how much sleep I'll get tonight. My life is getting good because of all these outside factors. Maybe I can stop eating so much now.

these new consoles look wack

refering to this and the new xbox 360

im not feeling this whole space age futuristic slightly oragnic crap

they seem unpractical and awkward, especially when you put them into the context of most home setups with a dvd player perhaps a cable box or satelite and an amp or something. these things look like they wont really fit anywhere and will clash with your basic home electronics

i wouldve liked to have seen some sharper edges and boxier shapes.

overall though id say that the playstation 3 definately looks better than the xbox 360 design wise.

i cant wait to play the games on both though.

good lookin out StarzAbove

Originally posted by Tough Love@May 17 2005, 02:31 AM

lame, just fucking plans to get ur money by changing consouls. its all about PC's

no doubt pc games are better, but it's getting damn expensive to upgrade enough to play somethign like doom 3 and have smooth graphics, etc.

a fully dedicated gaming system would cost ridiculous money. a gaming system however costs about as much as a high end graphics card.

Originally posted by Zaius@May 17 2005, 01:26 AM

these new consoles look wack

refering to this and the new xbox 360

im not feeling this whole space age futuristic slightly oragnic crap

they seem unpractical and awkward, especially when you put them into the context of most home setups with a dvd player perhaps a cable box or satelite and an amp or something. these things look like they wont really fit anywhere and will clash with your basic home electronics

i wouldve liked to have seen some sharper edges and boxier shapes.

overall though id say that the playstation 3 definately looks better than the xbox 360 design wise.

i cant wait to play the games on both though.

good lookin out StarzAbove

Yeah definately. I don't see why they went that route for the overall design. To me it looks futuristic, for the 70s maybe.