Next Generation Game Consoles

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm it may be a hard choice.

i have a ps2, though i only use it to play GTA or Tony Hawk. I use to use it for a dvd player as well, but now have a normal dvd player. the ps2 isnt even hooked up currently, shows how much i like video games in the long run.

i guess i would buy the new nintendo system, im a very casual gamer so systems that offer the classics still (zelda, mario) i will go for.

a new GTA would be cool on PS3.

they better show penetration with the hookers and make it possible to use drugs, otherwise its going to be the same old game. :burn:

Originally posted by heroin dart@May 20 2005, 09:00 PM

another gta, would be pretty sweet on the the ps3, and hopefully theyll let you fly plane's!

Planes isn't possesive, so there is no need for punctuation

you can fly planes in previous GTA titles anyway, nothing new.

yo None of that PS3 shit they showed at e3 was real that shit was all movies. at least the Xbox had some real time shit there, and that ish was runnin on the alpha development kits (mac g5s) supposedly at 30% of the 360s full potential. and the PS3 isnt gonna be blowin xbox 360 outta the water graphics wise like how xbox did with ps2, because of the way sony set their shit up, it'll be closer than people make it out to be.

^^ The Unreal demo was in-game, for sure. I have no doubts the GT5 will look as it does in the trailer, if not better.

A guy from Sony was interviewed on TechTV last night, and he was being inconspicuous, but he did say that the Killzone graphics were made using the game engine. The beautiful Fight Night Round 3 demo is supposed to be made from the game engine, as well.

I wish they released more on this Cell processor. From what Sony says, it will do all the math and physics for the developers.

Originally posted by SpyD@May 20 2005, 08:56 AM

yo None of that PS3 shit they showed at e3 was real that shit was all movies. at least the Xbox had some real time shit there, and that ish was runnin on the alpha development kits (mac g5s) supposedly at 30% of the 360s full potential. and the PS3 isnt gonna be blowin xbox 360 outta the water graphics wise like how xbox did with ps2, because of the way sony set their shit up, it'll be closer than people make it out to be.

Did you see when they blew up the building on the ps3 and announced it wasn't animation it was actually ps3's physics engine working in real time?

^^fucking yes, that is the gold right there. Seriously, that's like all the old school games that you can think of pretty much. I've decided that it's dumb to say one system is gonna kick the other's ass hands down. They all are bringing good stuff to the table and when I have the money and time I will own all three.

Originally posted by nozaki@May 18 2005, 02:48 PM

how bout instead of buying the new xbox, you spend your money one some turntables, or maybe some oil paints and a canvas...i hate video games

NIGGA SHUT THE FUCK UP.

-MERO.

HAHAHAHA!

YOU ASKED FOR IT B.

NO HARM NO FOUL!

• 2 months later...

xbox update

Microsoft's new Xbox 360 game console will sell for $299 in the United States and will be launched simultaneously in the U.S., Japan and Europe "in plenty of time for the Christmas market," European home and entertainment head Chris Lewis said.

Including accessories such as wireless controllers, detachable hard drives and headsets, the prices would be $399, 399 euros and 279.99 pounds, Lewis told journalists at Europe's biggest computer games fair in Leipzig, Germany.

what the....?

So it really costs $400 unless you want to scrap all the cool toys.

Originally posted by JesusMachine+Aug 18 2005, 02:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JesusMachine - Aug 18 2005, 02:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-26SidedCube@Aug 17 2005, 05:57 PM

Halo3 isn't going to be ready for at least another 4 or 5 years and well..

i thought halo 3 will be out the same day when ps3 drops. i might be wrong.

[/b]

4 or 5 years??????????????????

• 2 weeks later...

i think shit is going to be close between ps3 and the 360. the 360 will be 12 times more powerful than the first xbox. and the ps3 will be up to 35 more times than the ps2. this looks like death for sudden death for the 360 but the 1st xbox damn near crushed the ps2 on every level. so the math might balance out to the ps3 still being a little weaker than the 360. its just that the cell proccesor sounds like its going to be tits! so in conclusion, xbox bird gang, bird gang xbox. holla naggas.