The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
phil's donuts

annndddd a skateboard is a skateboard is a skateboard

unless you bought it from big 5, then it just sucks

im on a big genuine generic board now.. haha. it doesnt have the pop "real" boards have, but ive been too broke to get a new one untill i focus it.. which shouldnt take long.

i should become amish.

mall brands? now i've heard everything.

i always liked thunder trucks myself.

thunders are the shit!

but tensor are all the on the bottom of the scale along with phantoms

yes mall, brands, its the shit that lil ass kids buy when they go to their local gay ass Zumiez and the dude that works there that probably doesnt even skate gives the kid bullshit gear. all the popular, expensive shit that sux.

we used to re-sell our decks after a couple weeks so that we could get a new one for cheaper. there's a store in melbourne you can put your used stuff in and if it sells the shop takes 10% and you take the rest. was a pretty good deal. you could leave your shit there, go back in a week and it would usually be sold. i get the feeling that sort of thing doesn't really happen here.

I actually like blanks because I hate graphics. I've scraped off board graphics, then hit it with a coat of plain white paint. I like it that way. I'd happily buy boards from a real manufacturer, like Kayo or whatever, if i could get blanks or plain bottoms. i also like stained plys.

I also don't like spending $50 on a deck. I used to go through 2-3 a month.

we used to re-sell our decks after a couple weeks so that we could get a new one for cheaper. there's a store in melbourne you can put your used stuff in and if it sells the shop takes 10% and you take the rest. was a pretty good deal. you could leave your shit there, go back in a week and it would usually be sold. i get the feeling that sort of thing doesn't really happen here.

I used to buy 5 dollar decks from the shop around my house, they were in decent condition too, we'd buy 1 or 2 at a time.