The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
So is anyone down for groton on saturday? I've got a family party to be at around there that's only like 20 minutes away, so this is totally doable. Burgers, beer, skating.

trying to get tires for my car tomorrow, as long as that works out fine im about 95% down. haha.. im pretty sure im doing something that night, just gotta remember/find out what it was/ what time it was.

Anyone have any old school photos of the turf skate park from Milwaukee that closed down many many years ago. The bowls have recently un-earthed by the city of Milwaukee's road construction crew while working on a freeway project next to it. The area where the bowls are is not going to be used for roads or the freeway the city Is just using it to store vehicles and store the tools and equipment they are using. So now there is a huge petition to try and Save the Turf skate park. Some of you probably already knew this but for the few whoe didnt, have at it...

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

This contest will run all week until Friday - October 29, 2010 .. 6 p.m. EST

Click on any advertiser(non-12oz. paint shop ad) check out what the advertiser has to offer and while you are there

Take a screen grab on any page within the advertisers site and get 2 free weeks.

Each screen grab has to be from a different advertiser per day, you can only submit 2 screen grab ads per day, giving you 1 free month a day you participate. Thats 4 months if you send in 2 submissions a day until Friday.

Send me your screen grabs via Private message, we will update your account nightly. Please make sure you submit correctly, we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong.

DON'T send us your old screen shots from previous contests. We have them saved and will reference back to avoid schemers. We also know what ads are running, some have ended and some new ones have been dropped into rotation....

Enjoy…

This contest will run all week until Friday - October 29, 2010 .. 6 p.m. EST

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS

trying to get tires for my car tomorrow, as long as that works out fine im about 95% down. haha.. im pretty sure im doing something that night, just gotta remember/find out what it was/ what time it was.

fuck yeah man. if i didn't have a family thingy to go to closeby, i'd just give ya a lift the whole way. i'm fixin` to go pretty early though, so let me know when you wanna head over there

not my flick, but heres a fisheye flick of the C-Bowl in Boston. skated this thing like 4 days in a row 2 weeks ago, once with Chupa and Crack but our pool party got rained out. this thing got reaal slippery, ask Crack.. im pretty sure he saw me go shoulder/head first into the wall haha.

a friend told me Fritz Mead, whose now on 1031 i guess, kickflipped into this recently, and is trying taildrop kickflip off the lifeguard seat.... fucking absurd.

CBOWL.jpg

chupa/crack.. i'll be going back over there pretty soon, my buddy wants to land that nosepick. i'll let you dudes know whats up.

heres a few other flicks, none of these are my flicks either..

olliemellow6.jpg

this is a nice park up in NH, lots of tranny, and the lights are on until midnight. this is like a 6 ft little vert wall thing.

50nosegrabpelham.jpg

this dude backtailed the top of this cone more times than i could count, it was kinda funny, never seen someone "tailside" tap the top of a cone.

bs180cones.jpg

The shallow end is like 4-6 feet tall, the deep end is 12. The entire thing is banked, and then straight to like 3 feet of vert. The deep end is burly as fuck, and then the bottom of it is beat to hell with 2 grates, big cracks, and lots of rough patches.

It's a fall/winter/spring spot, i do believe. i think they fill it pretty late in the spring, then drain it pretty early at the end of the summer. It seemed surprisingly chill when we were there, for how close it is to a street.