The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
In my experience, nobody likes a whiny little bitch.

There's always gonna be up and comers who are better than you.

The fuck they supposed to do, hold back just for you?

Your term "whiny little bitch" is distorting the thought.

If said pro is looked up to by most on the team, and new jack comes along and pops pro signature trick before pro can do it for the crowd. Pro makes a comment to the team, who are they going to back ... pro or new jack. How ethical or correct this is doesn't matter, it just is.

This isnt a bunch of homies having a random session. This is a sales driving moneymaking demo.

I'm done with this ... it was supposed to be a quick tidbit for Igloo ... not a breakdown of right and wrong with you.

I can't help but laugh at the idea of a signature trick and people thinking they somehow have dibs on it when they're skating a demo. Not arguing with you, since it's not like you're supporting the behavior, I just think it's completely retarded.

"No frontside 360's when Jeremy Wray is in the house, brah!!!" :lol:

This isnt a bunch of homies having a random session. This is a sales driving moneymaking demo.

I'm done with this ... it was supposed to be a quick tidbit for Igloo ... not a breakdown of right and wrong with you.

Like Chupa said, I'm not coming at you personally just the retarded mentality that you seem to be halfway sticking up for.

If said pro is looked up to by most on the team, and new jack comes along and pops pro signature trick before pro can do it for the crowd. Pro makes a comment to the team, who are they going to back ...

this may be the gayest thing ive read in this thread.

I think the bullshit I was talking about would play out different between different groups of people.

No snitching, on the group or where I heard the nonsense.

I don't see most people caring ... but obviously some are threatened by that behavior.

I was surprised to hear it, and since he is homies with Igloo I put it up here.

Normally I wouldn't spend two seconds on some silly industry gossip like that.

Funny how much people here are bothered by it. Almost a page of shit about it.

something else.

• Like 1

I think the bullshit I was talking about would play out different between different groups of people.

No snitching, on the group or where I heard the nonsense.

I don't see most people caring ... but obviously some are threatened by that behavior.

I was surprised to hear it, and since he is homies with Igloo I put it up here.

Normally I wouldn't spend two seconds on some silly industry gossip like that.

Funny how much people here are bothered by it. Almost a page of shit about it.

something else.

Word man, to each his own.

Sick video part. I love older footy. The skating looked like so much fun back then, none of the "standards" that you see in it today.

Not saying it's any less fun now though :D

Found this radness on Thrasher the other day.

"In 1975, the Central Arizona Project (C.A.P.) began with the goal to bring water from the Colorado River to Phoenix and Tucson via a series of canals. Wherever the canals crossed a river, huge 24-foot pipes were used. When I was in high school, we wrote the company that made the pipes (Ameron) and they sent us maps of the C.A.P. project, so we were able to find the different pipe construction sites and barge them. I carried my camera during those early years, and I'm now slowly restoring these historic pipe photos 30 years later.

I am just another vert dinosaur, sharing old war stories. I'm sure we all have some. I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time. I was also a photographer and a crazed AZ desert skateboarder. Very few of us OG skaters are still skating. Life changes, the sport changes, people get hurt and stop. But I know many of us cannot give up skateboarding, for us it is more than a sport or a hobby, it is a way of life. Skateboarding will take you on adventures with your friends you will never forget, no matter how old you are."

Sincerely,

Ping

http://home.comcast.net/~pingmon/Desert_Pipes_1979/Desert_Pipes_1979.html

• Like 2

I've been seeing a resurgence of kids riding their wheels down to 1993 status lately too.

I don't think it's intentional though, cause it's usually poor kids riding Spitfires.

It really doesn't take too long for Spitfires to wear down to bearing covers, and these kids are probably stuck till Christmas rolls around.

worth a try....there arent many skateshops around my way that are not small buisiness owned so pretty much physically picking one out isnt an option unless i haul myself 7 hours away to one that doesnt sell shit with a million bells and whistles for 200 bucks.. never did the online purchasing with a deck so figured before wading through a gajillion webshops i'd ask you jaded cynical folks in here

/nohomojust in case

I've been seeing a resurgence of kids riding their wheels down to 1993 status lately too.

I don't think it's intentional though, cause it's usually poor kids riding Spitfires.

It really doesn't take too long for Spitfires to wear down to bearing covers, and these kids are probably stuck till Christmas rolls around.

Hahahahah

Funny and 100% true.

worth a try....there arent many skateshops around my way that are not small buisiness owned so pretty much physically picking one out isnt an option unless i haul myself 7 hours away to one that doesnt sell shit with a million bells and whistles for 200 bucks.. never did the online purchasing with a deck so figured before wading through a gajillion webshops i'd ask you jaded cynical folks in here

/nohomojust in case

Oh, man...

Just go to Walmart. They should have what you're looking for.

Haha. You guys are the worst. I had bought a blank deck on eBay a couple years ago for really cheap. It was good quality wood. Maybe a little heavy, but it was a hell of a lot better than the Enjoi board I followed it up with.