The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well, i don't want to even begin paraphrasing him, but he had a lot to say about the physical construction of boards and how to optimize performance with proper fitment and whatnot. I asked him about some of the seemingly gimmicky 'technology' that companies we using... I.E. Element's "helium" boards, and he actually showed us examples of the benefit.

a lot of insight that made me begin to over-think stuff.

basically, the practice of proper fitment that a lot of other sports obsess over is relevant to skateboarding too... not that this is exactly news, but i know a lot of us skateboarders are too stubborn to begin to acknowledge that side of things.

basically, dude is THE skateboard engineer. i'm stoked to have gotten to kick it around him for a bit, and the bowl session was fuckin' fun.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf8sKUV6DQA

longboarders trying to re-invent the truck.i think rollerbladers > longboarders at this point

Those wheels look exactly like the plastic wheels that used to come on the cheap K-mart/flee market boards when I was a kid.

Actually, I'm 99.9999999999% sure that that's exactly what they are.

What a fucking fag.

been fucking around at this plaza out in Portland... shit is fun. good to be getting some hours in again... even if it is a fucking 'park'

http://www.skateallcities.com/wordpress/blog/2009/06/ed-benedict-skatepark-portland-or/

That's exactly what a skate park should look like.

Even though I'm sick to death of grinding angle iron, I gotta wonder how long those marble benches are gonna last after the BMX dudes get a hold of them.

That's te best street plaza you've been to?

never said it was the best, but it's fun.

i've skated Stoner in LA... pretty fun but i actually like this one a bit better.

i'm coming back from something of a much-needed hiatus right now, so just rolling around is enough to make me more than content.

and to DAO,

yeah, the spot is pretty on point. i'm not sure how long it has been open, more than a year for sure, i think closer to three. saw a couple BMXers there a few days ago, but they were dicking around in the half pipe area. the marble ledges are flawless at this point and i honestly don't think i've seen more than a few people including myself even skate them. weird, but whatever, i'll take it.

my only complaint about the plaza is that it could be spread out a little more. there's a massive field that it borders that is unused from what i can see... wouldn't have killed them to make it another 10-15 feet wider...