The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
That park looks like my cup of tea.

And doing whatever the fuck I want sounds like my cup of tea too.

If it's chill like that though then how come there's no graffiti there?

I don't even see buff.

It's not in a place where graffiti is common. Plus, at least over here, skatepark graffiti doesn't run long at all.

might as well quit skating now,longboard nurgas got a mega-ramp.changing the game

At first I was like :confused:

Then I watched a little and I was like :huh2:

Then I watched a little more and I realized that they were just clowning on themselves,

and then I was like. :biglaugh:

Or were they? :huh2:

Bottom line is they built launch ramps and landing ramps just to be able to do tricks that real skateboarders were doing 25 years ago off of launch ramps and no landing ramps.

Way to prove what idiots you's are.

might as well quit skating now,longboard nurgas got a mega-ramp.changing the game

my first thought was, long boards arent that cool, but hitting the mega ramp on one is gnarly regardless.. but that was not the mega ramp and i was reaaally let down.

i've done a 5-0 to back tail on a longboard on a 4ft quarter within 15 tries, granted it had more of a fishtail shape and not some weird nose and tail.. but i thought that was gonna be the actual mega ramp.. i'd hit that ramp on a long board, especially if pre-grabbing is allowed, the ramp nor the gap was even that big.

edit: i woudlnt be trying to method or 180 i'll give them that, but i'd hit it.

There was this dude in Philly back in the mid 90's named Wild Bill who used to do kickflips down the city hall 6, and crooked grinds and shit on the Love ledges on a longboard.

Granted it was the type of longboard that looked like a stretched out version of a regular board and not these sector-9 type shits, but it was still a longboard.

I think he even came off in a 411 doing said kickflip down the city hall 6.

Dude was the homie, but he was a little off his rocker if you know what I mean.

Hence the name.

Yea, I wouldn't give Westgate the credit for inventing going fast and big, not doing a bunch of boring switch tech shit and just crushing.

I think the first street cat to really get known for that style (and put street skating on the map) was Frankie bones from the Powell Propoganda video.

Westgate is cool and all, I just wouldn't credit him with inventing going big/fast.