The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
pj is a ill dude, a couple years ago when he was getting big transworld sent Atiba up here to take flicks of him at some skatepark mini ramp. he refused and blew off atiba, and when they asked what the fuck happened he said he was "too busy skating" i've heard of that dude getting more shit from his sponsers cause hes "too busy skating" than anyone i can think of.

too funny, a pro boarder getting

shit for being too busy skating..priceless :ballcap:

Yeah I did . There's a ton of sponsored and un-sponsored skaters I've met that were rad . I think a kid you'll be seeing in the magazines soon is Eric Viccarone , on flow for Alien Workshop , Venture , Innes , Hubba & Osiris ( hopefully soon eS ) . He's from the neighborhood , and a good dude .

http://www.osirisshoes.com/news/2009/05/18/eric-viccarone-5/comment-page-1/

The only pro I have ever seen was Bam.

He lived up to his douchery

I was under the impression that all the bullshit he did was just for his show.

He was supposed to do a demo thing at Rye Airfield and came like 2 and a half hours late.

We got there like an hour early too per request of the people at Rye.

Sooo much waiting for nothing.

h what exactly would you call that? is it an "over willy"? or is it just a 180 switch willy, cause i've heard mixed things, i noticed one of those creature dudes did one down the rail the other day.

It's just a 180 smith grind.

"Switch" is only relevant if you ollie switch at the beginning of the trick.

I see kids these days doing shit like fakie 5-0's and calling them fakie switch nosegrinds and shit like that and it makes me wanna bust out the IRL facepalm.

steve caballero is probably the nicest skater ive met. he used to come to the local skatepark with a box of powell and vans goodies. shirts, decks, hats, etc. and hand shit out to all the kids. he gave my homie some prototype cabs that never actually came out. i got a few decks from him as well cause i was wearing a The Faction shirt.

The only pro I have ever seen was Bam.

He lived up to his douchery

I've met Bam and Mike Maldonado a few times.

They used to ride for my boys wheel company, Landspeed.

Bam was always kinda weird, but nice.

This was right on the cusp of all that dumb video, pre Jackass shit though.

Maldonado was straight up awesome.

Dude is one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Promo for some of the boys around my way.

Watching this made me glad I am not young these days. Shit is so corny ... the 80's were campy and cheesy enough the first time through.

As much as I look back at big pants and small wheels as some silly shit I did 17 years ago, it was still more original than bringing back some shit that used to be cool and trying to make it cool again.

/Notabitteroldmanoner.

PS the creature united nations was super !!!!!

3 CAVEMAN tricks, and some slashing that place needed.

After seeing Berra bummed on some beer getting spilled on ramps at the berrics, wonder how he handled the fake blood ... bet Creature had to line up/ pay for a cleaning crew to come in.

i went skating all day today, was doing good, landing a lot of shit, and then right as its starting to get dark we start up this little game of skate on a quarter pipe just to kill time before its gets real dark, i was fucking around and the first friggin trick i do a split and i dunno what the fuck i tore, probably my hamstring, but this shits fuckin hurtin ha. i can hardly walk around, im dragging my leg like the shit is just dead.

the day was going to good, i shoulda knew something was up ha.

i thought about it, i mean i've rolled both my ankles, fractured one and pulled shit more times than i care to think of, but none of it ever felt like this.. but i think im gonna try and ride it out and see what happens tomorrow, shits crazy uncomfortable right now though.

im thinking i might give it the ole whiskey treatment tonight. my luck the leg will give out and i'll fall down some stairs hammered and with a bum leg haha.

Promo for some of the boys around my way.

I hold the same opinion with most but that's not why I quoted this yet again.

I wanted to say that the kid at 2:12 looks incredibly eerily like me...

I have the same clothing/ same body type/ hair...it's weird.

It's like watching myself do something I didn't do...I think.

Where are you guys from?

i thought about it, i mean i've rolled both my ankles, fractured one and pulled shit more times than i care to think of, but none of it ever felt like this.. but i think im gonna try and ride it out and see what happens tomorrow, shits crazy uncomfortable right now though.

im thinking i might give it the ole whiskey treatment tonight. my luck the leg will give out and i'll fall down some stairs hammered and with a bum leg haha.

If you're dragging your leg around like it's dead, then you probably did tear some shit.

You might regret waiting.