The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I had a Santa Cruz slick. I believe they were the first to do it? Either way, it sucked and was stupid. The board weighed a ton, and Santa Cruz was still doing fishtail shapes way after boards started to evolve into the popsicle stick we know today.

I was cruising around with some kid at this gallery yesterday, and I was bewildered at how he'd skate his board either way, without any regard for which end was the nose or tail. He was pretty decent, so it was surprising to me. I definitely notice a difference between the two, and do certain tricks only off either the nose or tail. Shove-its and any varial trick has to be off the nose, so I land with the tail under my back foot, and I only feel comfortable doing kickflips, ollies, 360 flips, etc off the tail. Any switch trick is off the nose, so my normally forward foot is still doing tricks off the nose, like a nollie.

from that catalogue Id take the Jim Thiebaud and the Dune and the Randy Colvin or the Stene knox everslick, a great era, remember the strange notes vids?. I still got all my vids on vhs.

My first deck was the Vision Johnny kopp, and a shmitt stixx I bought of a fat punk rock chic.

I had that Natas panther deck with Gullwing trucks. They were tight because they had a little groove in the middle of the hanger for "locking in the grindz". I think I might have had OJ or Bullet wheels. I can't remember. I do remember having U-Bolts, though.

Some kids used to put their bolts in upside down, because it "made them ollie higher".

I had a Santa Cruz slick. I believe they were the first to do it? Either way, it sucked and was stupid. The board weighed a ton, and Santa Cruz was still doing fishtail shapes way after boards started to evolve into the popsicle stick we know today.

I was cruising around with some kid at this gallery yesterday, and I was bewildered at how he'd skate his board either way, without any regard for which end was the nose or tail. He was pretty decent, so it was surprising to me. I definitely notice a difference between the two, and do certain tricks only off either the nose or tail. Shove-its and any varial trick has to be off the nose, so I land with the tail under my back foot, and I only feel comfortable doing kickflips, ollies, 360 flips, etc off the tail. Any switch trick is off the nose, so my normally forward foot is still doing tricks off the nose, like a nollie.

wow, youre insane HAL the everslicks where the shittttttt, we used to put a fuckin beating on that shit. Loved it.

I had that Natas panther deck with Gullwing trucks. They were tight because they had a little groove in the middle of the hanger for "locking in the grindz". I think I might have had OJ or Bullet wheels. I can't remember. I do remember having U-Bolts, though.

Some kids used to put their bolts in upside down, because it "made them ollie higher".

Bridge Bolts nigga . :lol: An SC Everslick goes for some serious dough these days .

It's too bad I'd traded it for a regular wood board then. I got a Jovontae Turner with the black kid eating the watermelon on it in exchange. I traded with a regular footer so all the impossible and pressure flip wear on the nose and tail were on the opposite sides.