The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
that kalis video is sick for sure. something that bothers me though is when dudes push mongo when

they're switch. fool's about to do a switch backside bigspin and can't push normally? lots of folks do it,

and everytime i see it i think about how long they practiced to get good at switch, just to look retarded

when they push.

I think alot of people do that just to make it known that they're skating switch.

When skating switch first started out, I made it a point to learn how to push switch too.

Everybody else just pushed with their normal foot when skating switch (mongo).

And as a result people would always get confused as to which way I skate.

I was the first person I remember doing that, but I'm sure there were others doing it at the same time.

As if anybody gives a shit. I'm sure yall don't.

I don't remember who it was, but one of the older folks in this thread (i'm thinking it was DAO) was talking about how back when switch was way more of a big deal and new(er), people were pushing like that so people actually realized their tricks were switch. I have no idea of the validity of this, but it does make a lot of sense. Any of the other older folks in here want to confirm/deny this notion?

I have no recollection of this conversation, but it sounds like something I'd say.

And it's the truth.

I planned on working today and yesterday for like 5 hours each day so I could grab a new setup and my boss only had me in for 2 hours yesterday and nothing today. So, no new setup for a while. It was my last days of work there and my last day at my other job was yesterday too. Fuck! It's gunna be like 2 weeks before I have another job and my board/ setup is shit.

Someone recently posed a " what if ? " question to me at the skateshop . If you had a skate company , who would your team be comprised of ? This is mine :

Pro Roster :

Darren Navarette ( Creature )

Matt Beach ( Skate Mental )

Peter Hewitt ( Anti Hero )

Peter Ramondetta ( Real )

Omar Salazar ( Alien Workshop )

Brian Anderson ( Girl )

Am Roster :

Lem Villemin ( Chocolate )

Taylor Bingaman ( Creature )

Ben Hatchell ( Powell )

I'd do a " Guest Board " for John Cardiel just out of respect . :cool: