The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

anyone else ever do fliptricks to grabs? the other day i was thinking of how i suck at catching fliptricks, so i think im gonna start throwing in grabs to land them, i've been told a couple times i have some nice looking fliptricks, i just never land them. or should i just stop being a bitch and catch my damn board?

fliptricks, fliptricks, fliptricks..

guy mariano vs. cesar fernandez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94RI2LYW14U

The dude is fun to watch skate, horrible to listen to him talk. I think i would beat the ever living shit out of him if i had to be around him for more than 10 minutes. All that aside though, his Baker has a Deathwish part and all of his footage from the baker tour video is awesome, regardless of the fact that he's unbearably annoying.

As for the fliptrick thing I'd say work on catching them first even if you have to do em lower and then once you are comfortable with that pop em up higher and better and all that and then throw some grabs in there if you can. I've been working on a big old kickflip to an indy grab over a funbox at one of my local parks but I can never get my hand low enough to grab the board if I try to get a high kickflip. I guess I'll just needa keep trying.

Lizard King...at first I thought the dude was alright. I though maybe he just acts out a little for the camera. But, damn is he annoying. Classy classy classy passion...shut up dude. I don't like him.

For DAO , even though I'm sure he's seen it a thousand times .

Guy Mariano Epicly Later'd

I watched Video Days 3 times last night at a friend's house . We all agreed that the early 90's were a fun part of skating . BTW , I had no idea Video Days was hidden on Blind'd What If? DVD...my friend Josh showed me how to get to it in the menu . :lol::cool:

I learned that in this very thread years ago. I immediately went and bought What If.

Co-Sign .... Then I found a faster way to get to it since .... just play What If, and skip chapters past the end and it skips over to Video Days. No waiting for the damn special features to load page after page.

Speaking of flip tricks to grabs ... Rudy Johnson does a good one in Video Days.

360 flip backside grab some where in HERE

• Like 1

As for the fliptrick thing I'd say work on catching them first even if you have to do em lower and then once you are comfortable with that pop em up higher and better and all that and then throw some grabs in there if you can. I've been working on a big old kickflip to an indy grab over a funbox at one of my local parks but I can never get my hand low enough to grab the board if I try to get a high kickflip. I guess I'll just needa keep trying.

i've been trying the same thing and i've been coming pretty close, i can grab my board just not always the right way like sometimes i grab the wheel by accident or some shit ha.

that "classy" shit was retarded to.