The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
the funny thing is chris cole displayed good sportsmanship whilst dealing with that ass hat mike v.

and honestly i feel like that was almost some type of pseudo-comic relief before the real skating begins.

I havn't seen this video yall are talking about But seriously though, how you gonna tell Mike V he can't do what he does?

I know yall are all youngbucks and shit, but Mike V basically invented all that handplant shit that he does. That's what he was famous for when he got on back in the 80's.

And dude deserves a little more respect than to just pit him against Chris Cole and tell him he can't do half his bag of tricks.

I'd feel disrespected as a motherfucker if I was in Mike V's shoes.

thats what im saying, to have him go in there against cole on a fliptrick alone basis would of been an embarrasment for him, they almost basically told the dude he cant skateboard. they singled out those 360 shove its on the ground while he runs next to it. all the tricks he does they told him he couldn't do.

my point basically is, the fact people have a problem that mike v played a game of skate how he actually skates, prooves how gay skateboarding is turning. that shit is supposed to be fun and to see pros going "back to the basics" type shit for a competition.

well It's not like they only told Mike v. he couldn't do any hand or foot tricks, it's the rules of the game, if he only does weird ass tricks that fucking sucks for him, and it was the luck of the draw that he got put up against chris cole, pitching a fit and whining about going to war dying isn't gonna do shit to help him. It just happens that Chris is a better skater then him, and so Mike has to whine about it and try to cheat his way to victory by bending the rules.

i dont doubt it, other than a couple weeks ago, i couldnt tell you the last time i tried a fliptrick. i know im not that great at them, so instead of wasting my time and end up quiting cause i hate my life for not being able to do flip tricks, i stick to what i know i can do.

i think you all are just pissy cause mike v almost won, are you dudes hating gonna be hating on haslem if he pulls a 540 double flip or one of his ridiculous flip tricks out of his ass, cause obviously no one else is gonna be able to do it, and in theory is the same scenerio.

i give mike v props for not willingly bending over and taking it in the ass by the berrics rules. like he said, "who goes into war knowing they're gonna be slaughtered."

here's the deal.....i give mike v much respect for how long he has been in the game and for the trails he has blazed. but guess what...if your skating is limited...it is what it is. i dont have a problem with the fact that he sucks at flip tricks, i could care less. i perfer style over tech any day. however, the rules to the game were made way before his poor unfortunate soul got picked out of a hat to go up against chris cole. with that being said..his name should have never been in the hat. OR.....

they should have an oldschool battle of the berrics.

I havn't seen this video yall are talking about But seriously though, how you gonna tell Mike V he can't do what he does?

I know yall are all youngbucks and shit, but Mike V basically invented all that handplant shit that he does. That's what he was famous for when he got on back in the 80's.

And dude deserves a little more respect than to just pit him against Chris Cole and tell him he can't do half his bag of tricks.

I'd feel disrespected as a motherfucker if I was in Mike V's shoes.

my opinion has nothing to do with the style of skating mike v has been doing forever. i actually like alot of older tricks that have been washed away in a sea of switch flip-in/flip-out's. dudes tone just seemed pretty gaycore when trying to save face and explain why he is no good at flip tricks. im horrible at nollie and switch....i can ollie and 180 both of those at best. but you will never see me enter a battle of the berrics...even if ever did turn pro.

skating is about having fun...after all...we invest so much unconditional love towards something that never loves us back. dude just seems to be on a psudo self rightious kick as of the last few years.

thats my point this shit is all skateboarding, and is supposed to be fun.

my point is, you can say the same thing from mike v's standpoint, nobody should be whining chris cole had to skate some oldschool tricks, SKATE should be about flatland skateboarding tricks no matter what, there shouldn't have to be an oldschool contest, its all skateboarding. everybody is just too cool to do some older shit these days.

mike v still did a lot of those fliptricks and shit, its not like the dude can't do some, he landed a good amount of those, he just doesnt have as many, same for cole and the older tricks.

like you said about knowing you cant do switch and nollie so you wouldnt be in the contest... i wouldnt expect to go up against someone like mike v in that contest and not expect him to skate like that.

and my point is, you can say the same thing from mike v's standpoint, nobody should be whining chris cole had to skate some oldschool tricks, SKATE should be about flatland skateboarding tricks no matter what, there shouldn't have to be an oldschool contest, its all skateboarding. everybody is just too cool to do some older shit.

mike v still did a lot of those fliptricks and shit, its not like the dude can't do the shit, he landed a good amount of those, he just doesnt have as many, same for cole and the older tricks.

if the rules had been step off tricks..ect are ok to do..then i would have no argument. i just think its kinda garbage bag that they felt the need to make exeptions for mike v.

or anyone.

thats what im saying, to have him go in there against cole on a fliptrick alone basis would of been an embarrasment for him, they almost basically told the dude he cant skateboard. they singled out those 360 shove its on the ground while he runs next to it. all the tricks he does they told him he couldn't do.

my point basically is, the fact people have a problem that mike v played a game of skate how he actually skates, prooves how gay skateboarding is turning. that shit is supposed to be fun and to see pros going "back to the basics" type shit for a competition.

Real talk. How you gonna dictate what kind of tricks you can do anyways?

When you play SKATE in real life, there's no fucking rules that says you can only do certain tricks.

That's completely against what skateboarding is about.

This reminds me of the time I beat Stevie Williams at skate one time by busting out the impossibles and nollie pressureflips.

Stevie was mad. :lol:

if the rules had been step off tricks..ect are ok to do..then i would have no argument. i just think its kinda garbage bag that they felt the need to make exeptions for mike v.

or anyone.

They shouldn't have to make exceptions for anyone, because there shouldn't be rules telling you what kind of tricks you can and can't do.

That bullshit has absolutely no place at all in skateboarding at all.

Yo you fags are fucking CORNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2fiH3tuttU

I just watched this shit and it was one of the most epic games of skate I've ever witnessed.

Cole was being a good sport, and even landed a shitload of them tricks.

And real talk, he actually went easy on Mike V by doing simple tricks when it was his turn.

Which he probably shouldn't have cause if Mike V woulda landed that ho-ho, he woulda won and that woulda been the most epic upset I've ever witnessed in my LIFE.

Yall niggas just mad that he almost won.

You kids are

CORNY!!!

• Like 1

If I was in the situation Mike V was in. Which I wouldnt be because I didnt grow up skating old school tricks. But lets just say I skated with a less conventional style, and was put up in a game of flatground SKATE against cole, I would have played by the rules and accepted my immanent doom. People know who Mike V is, hes a skateboarding legend. He shouldnt act like he needs to prove anything to anyone. He was probably just upset because the new generation does not respect what he has done for skateboarding and because of this he came off as a little bitchy. So what if you lose E to nothing when you dont even like skating flatground. Big deal. He should have manned up and lost, he probably could hvae got some impossibles and shit on cole.