The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Word up on the Bank to parking block.

I used to skate an awesome one in an industrial park.

It was a series of loading dock doors and the parking lot

sunk down below them but on either side were two huge

banks with a block on top of each. That was an Olde Tyme spot when I

started to skate there.

We used to bump into Fred Smith once and a while. Rumor had it

he brought the blocks. Boy that dude really ripped that spot. Those

blocks were so worked in too! Like glass I tell ya.

Eventually some kid split his wig and mommy bugged so party

over. They put asphalt curbs along the bottom. Boooooooooooooooo.

his mom got a spot shut down?! fucking nancy. we were skating one of our local spots wednesday and my boy stomped his board it shot up and split his fucking eye open. could have def used about 5/6 stitches.

you know what we did? went to the drug store and bought some superglue. did a little sidewalk surgery and kept skating till dark.

his mom got a spot shut down?! fucking nancy. we were skating one of our local spots wednesday and my boy stomped his board it shot up and split his fucking eye open. could have def used about 5/6 stitches.

you know what we did? went to the drug store and bought some superglue. did a little sidewalk surgery and kept skating till dark.

Yeah that's what happened. I think all the wallrides out of the banks were putting a damper on

things as well. The building was white and the whole place had sealer on the asphalt. Bad combo but

wicked fun. You could have a real contest cause proof was on the wall! Good times. That shit was

steep and tall too. It was 4 or 5 bays long. Roll in and push super hard across the bottom and you

could get a good launch outta there. Blunt fakies and FS lip-slides were my favorties.

It may be time to go skate soon.

Boardslides on the ittinerary.

i'm sure you could rattle off the name of a bunch of has-beens that haven't sold a board since 1987 though

I'd be willing to bet the amount of Lance Mountain or Mike Vallely boards sold , outweighs anyone from the 90's and up . I won't even use Tony Hawk because I never liked him , but marvel at the self-marketing genius he became .

I'd be willing to bet the amount of Lance Mountain or Mike Vallely boards sold , outweighs anyone from the 90's and up . I won't even use Tony Hawk because I never liked him , but marvel at the self-marketing genius he became .

but out of tony hawks camp came baker, and all its skaters.

i bet andrew reynolds boards...fuck it, his KR3W jeans, alone sold more than anybodies boards.

reynolds is probably one of the most emulated skaters out there.

im not even a fan of reynolds but its obvious the effect he's had on skateboarding along with the baker roster.

and to turn the tables, mike v doesnt sell boards for element, it was BAM, and now that hes pretty much done, i dont know what element is going to do...? its such a huge mickey mouse team, i dont see how all these dudes get paid.