The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
um, i'm not sure where you lived, but that was definately not the case where i was. this video sums up what mid to late 90's skating looked like

Girl and World were the exception. And everybody hated them. And the smallest deck i could find was usualy an 8 and sometimes I'd be blessed with a 7-3/4 world or girl deck but those always sucked because they'd either break in a weak or they'd have like 2-3 inches of flatness between the back truck and the beginning of where the tail started to curve. And the smallest wheels i could find was like 52mm. And I felt like i was in the twilight zone. And if you don't remember these days then you were either not in the continental US or you were one of these pothead/dreadlock/hippies/in denial.

Seriously.

pouser. ok. i've skated through providence, new haven, new london, i guess i just got spoiled out west..

You have to appreciate the uniqueness of skating in the northeast. Rugged ass pavement, huge cracks in front of all the steps and questionable landings for just about every obstacle.

I remember at one point I was trying to ride 58mm wheels to compensate, but the board just felt too high off the ground. I couldn't pop my tail correctly. There was this really great set of 4 steps I liked skating. They were super wide, like 2-3' a piece, but the ride up was this wierd pavement that was little pebbles seated in a layer of concrete. Hard to get the required speed to set up for your trick and clear the steps.

I don't know if anyone remembers the Playground skatepark near New Haven back in the early 90's. I used to love that place.

What's wrong with 60-62mm wheels ? lol :) . Different strokes for different folks...I still want my deck 9 1/2" or bigger . If you're the kind of person that wakes up , opens up a Pabst , puts on JFA's " Blatant Localism " or Suicidal Tendencies " Possessed To Skate " then I know where you're coming from .

Cab%20bats%20wh.jpg

I love to thrash as much as the next guy, but I feel like I'm riding a monster truck with wheels bigger than 55mm. It's just the way I do it, I guess.

Anyone know anything about making decks? I'd love to make my own custom shapes, without having to buy an entire woodshop.

Girl and World were the exception. And everybody hated them.

"everybody hated them"? mouse is consistently named as a top 5 favorite skateboarding video amongst damn near anyone i know, as well as damn near any pro interview i've read. if everyone hated them why were they the most popular skateboard company at the time? hell, they're still one of the top companies to this day.

I love to thrash as much as the next guy, but I feel like I'm riding a monster truck with wheels bigger than 55mm. It's just the way I do it, I guess.

Anyone know anything about making decks? I'd love to make my own custom shapes, without having to buy an entire woodshop.

Talk to these guys in Ohio..they make some of the weirdest shapes .

http://factory13.bowlrider.com/

can sopmebody clrify for me was there ever a deck by Santa Cruz for Jeff Grosso ( i think) that had the caterpillar from Alice in wonderland sitting on a toadstool with a pipe as the graphics. the smoke was making Jeff Grosso's name?

I've been trying to find an image of it for a whil and i'm starting to think I imagined it!!!

looked on sjateboard graphics .com and a few other sites but can't see it.

anyone?