The Great Photography Superthread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Great Pictures~

That reminds me of something I read a while back to give people an idea of the size of atoms.

'If an orange was blown up to the size of Earth, atoms would be roughly the size of a cherry.'

Something like that anyway. Cool huh?

The craziest thing is that if an atom was blown up to the length of a football field, the nucleus would be the size of a grape seed. Electrons are even smaller, so most of the atom is 'empty' space.

The craziest thing is that if an atom was blown up to the length of a football field, the nucleus would be the size of a grape seed. Electrons are even smaller, so most of the atom is 'empty' space.

yeah, 99.99% nothing. everything is made of atoms, so that means that evrything is 99.99% nothing. think about that shit.

plus, i don't understand the orange/cherry analogy.

"'If an orange was blown up to the size of Earth, atoms would be roughly the size of a cherry."

do you mean the atoms of the earth sized orange would be the size of a normal sized cherry?

you can really tell what areas are poppin around the world from that night picture, haha. i wonder why the shores seem to be the most illuminated? maybe the reflection of the light off the water?

Because most major cities around the world are coastal. That's part of the reason they're major cities, cause they have harbours that enable trade.

Archived