The Great Photography Superthread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Great Pictures~

Lion

Sometimes when trying to do a unique photo you can forget the danger in favor of the "getting the shot." In this situation in South Africa I became the shot. I can't tell you how fast a 500-pound lion is when he's mad. I saw him coming and barely had time to dive backwards into the jeep before he was on me. It was only adrenaline that caused the shutter to fire. 24mm lens, inches from disaster

psg1p6.jpg

Tahiti Underwater

I love underwater photos of surfing. After ten years looking at potential setups I came across surfer Kevin Wilson having a barrel session at Taapuna in Tahiti. This photo says it all for me. Perfectly positioned surfer deep in the barrel. You are looking out the barrel at the opening of the wave and off in the distance is the island. One of my all time best

psg1p16.jpg

Please explain the pig-in-a-rocket flicks.

these are stills from a 2005 russian movie called "1st in space". its not a mockumentary per-se, but more of an alternate history movie. the premise is basically "what if stalin had a secret space program as far back as the 30s. its supposed to be really intresting.