Living in Japan

krs702

On the whole, its definetely a lot safer, but don't be an idiot about graf or other illegal shit. In Osaka, i was taking pictures of some graf in this neighborhood "America Mura," and all of a sudden this whole mob of japanese and black dudes ran up on me and started yelling at me about flicking shit in their area. They thought i was taking a picture of them or something, and they tried to jack me for my camera. I told them to fuck off, and they didnt jump me, but they followed me around for a while after that. It's crazy, all these black dudes run these hip hop clothing stores in this one "hip" neighborhood thats just covered in graf, and at night they all slang. This dude I know who lives in Osaka told me that at night walking in that area is shady, because the dealers will fuck with you or jack you, and young Yakuza gangs will run through with tazers knocking fools out. Probably exagerations, but still interesting shit. Either way, Japan is a fucking awesome place, and if you got the money you should most definetely go.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by fatlaces+Feb 7 2005, 10:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatlaces - Feb 7 2005, 10:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Hoblow@Feb 8 2005, 05:19 AM

People have told me that in japan, the white man is like a god when it comes to girls. I'd like to go just for that little ego boost.

i heard black dudes get much pussy in japan.

[/b]

both do. depending on the chick. a lot has to do with being influenced by american media. the japanese hip-hop chicks date a lot of the blacks from the u.s. military. i remember this one japanese chick told my boy "i will only date a man that looks like allen iverson", which i thought was pretty stupid anyways. then you got the japanese chicks that worship white men like they're god. the kind that watched a lot of leonardo dicaprio movies. and they swear every white dude they date looks like leo. when i used to see japanese chicks walking around with their white boyfriends, the japanese girls stroll around like they're the shit cuz they're with a white dude. and the other japanese girls would look on in jealousy and envy. and a lot of these japanese girls didnt even care about looks, just as long as they were white. they'd date the short fat Dungeons&Dragons nerds just because they were white guys.

Originally posted by krs702+Feb 7 2005, 11:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (krs702 - Feb 7 2005, 11:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Hank Parker@Feb 7 2005, 07:32 PM

Japan is awesome. Expensive and CHEAP.

I'd suggest you move there. Just not Tokyo. Cause you're asking to be broke man.

where do you suggest?

[/b]

you might wanna look into working on a U.S. military base. you know, as a civilian. i don't know if that's your thing though. because then the US government will pay for your housing, plus when you need to be around americans that speak english you'll be right nearby. i knew a dude from philly that was over there, he was only like 18 at the time and he worked on a base just outside of tokyo and he was lovin japan. he wasnt in the military but he just did like bullshit office work or somethin, and then would party every night. the jobs are wide ranging. physical labor to working at the gym, to answering the phone to driving base taxis, working at the movie theater, in the office, at the supermarket and commissaries, etc. that could be a good start.

i really hate japan, then again on better days i love it. there is no middle ground. don't learn ANY japanese because then you'll understand all the shit they talk about you. they don't have very exciting lives and you become the topic of conversation for everyone on the train. i've never been admired and hated at the exact same time before.

Maybe you should trying living in a cheaper Asian city first. Then step it up to Tokyo. I lived in Bangkok for awhile, Insanely cheap, easy to bomb, More girls than you can handle on any given day. Now, I live with my girl, an (american) Japanese girl. She acts like theres only hoes in thailand and not Japan, but we know better..

• 7 months later...
Originally posted by Skag Henry@Sep 10 2005, 03:37 PM

I'd love to go to japan, cos i love the culture the games and the films and the manga..all that ninja shit. But one thing that I don't think I'll like is the food, whats japanese food like?

if its like chinese then im sorted. Otherwise its mcdonalds for me.

sushi - is nice

creaps - people eat them all over the place they are like the 'it' food there at the moment

rarmen - noodle soup with beef or fish depends on your tast but i found the flavors to strong for my liking.

Whoa

Hi Serum-- Homeboy knows his shit.Let`s paint again.

Apartments are not 4 grand US in tokyo. Come on. Sure some are but under a grand will find you a nice (albeit super small) place in the inner city (around 800). You can stumble home from Shinjuku on foot.

you can paint trains if your ninja skills are top-notch. they won`t run.

Bombing is great, piecing isn`t. tracksides are the shit- Japanese paint is male and expensive so be "Inventive".

the food is great. You can get a job at a bar or teaching English and make ends meet.

A NOTE- Japanese sluts are like sluts anywhere so dome up. Real quality Japanese girls aren`t met at bars in Roppongi. If it`s easy for you well then it`s just plain easy. God bless sluts though. In some asian cities girls never put out.

I think why everyone thinks that Tokyo is so expensive is that they are partying the whole time. A night out is THE most expensive thing. I rack booze or smuggle bottles in eveywhere I go and never get searched. I miss cheap weed though.

You can bum rush the train by putting a bag between you and the person in front of you as they go though the turnstyles.

I should be paid for this type of advice. If you come and this helps PM me and you can buy me a beer. :haha:

Guest -MOE LESTER-

haha ill buy you a round if your still livin in tokyo when i visit. i usually just pay for everyything cus im not trying to get arrested in tokyo. its really not that more expensive than here in the bay area. the mass transit is actually cheaper. an average train ride in tokyo is like 190 yen, while the average BART ride is like 2.50. food is pretty cheap if you stick to the fast food...MOS BURGER is the shit though god damn...or those yakitori stands that only open at night. theres a fast food resturant like every 10 yards in most districts.

agreed tho a night out partying in tokyo is ALOT....ive had some 400$ dollar nights easily, but thats only when i step into hostess clubs. most of the time i just buy beer at corner stores and get drunk, or make sure i hit all the bars at happy hour

yo hydro how you get around doing the bombing? all the trains stop running at 12 and taxis cost alot. i can only bomb shibuya ebisu, and roppongi cus i live near there....never was able to venture out into the other areas. i dont have a bike thought maybe i can steal one, got bolt cutters?

Guest -MOE LESTER-
Originally posted by Skag Henry@Sep 10 2005, 06:37 AM

I'd love to go to japan, cos i love the culture the games and the films and the manga..all that ninja shit. But one thing that I don't think I'll like is the food, whats japanese food like?

if its like chinese then im sorted. Otherwise its mcdonalds for me.

man youve never had japanese food? where the hell do you live kansas? jap food is the bomb man, yakitori (terriyaki chicken grilled), yakiniku (thin mini steaks that you cook on a mini grill on the table), sushi is the fucking shiiieeet.

Originally posted by azert+Sep 10 2005, 10:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (azert - Sep 10 2005, 10:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dumy@Sep 10 2005, 11:58 PM

I heard that people are hella racist in Japan, esp towards blacks.  Is this not true?

This is not true. But it is true that you are a dumbass.

[/b]

wow, someones upset. get a hobby dickrider.

Archived