Favorite Spray Paint Color.

why write?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the greatest color of all time is traditional (stops rust) rusto harbor blue, formerly marlon blue. One coat does the job of 3 cans of krylon. generally all rusto is dope but their current color selection is pretty bleak. Most of the AAs are pretty fresh. i really like the apple green. painters touch is ok, but i have had some bad experiences with it. americas finest, ha might as well use krylon. Jungle green is one of the wackest colors ever made. i mean the color is great but that shit is water. i got it a couple of times when it was on the shelf and was disapointed because my kids piss was thicker than that shit. if you like that color belton's grasshopper is the lick. similar color with 100x the durability of jungle. i only wish i would have stockpiled jungle when it was in the store then i could have sold it to all the paint collectors now for an exorbanant fee.

krylon is good for productions because for as long as i could remember their color selection was tight as hell. but the paint was always just air. but like i said if you have a nice primed surface and time on your hands krylon is pretty fresh. the fact that it dries fast is also a plus. but on a train, depending on the color it may take a whole can to fill in one letter solid.

as of late, i have become increasingly fond of euro paint - particularly montana gold and belton. i remember getting a couple of cans of sparvar many years ago and it was so shitty i refsed to use euro paint for many years. but some of that shit is real dope.

okay thats all, sorry but im snowed in and bored.

Originally posted by SWX1994@Jan 29 2005, 09:19 AM

the greatest color of all time is traditional (stops rust) rusto harbor blue, formerly marlon blue. One coat does the job of 3 cans of krylon. generally all rusto is dope but their current color selection is pretty bleak.

are you sure marlin blue was the same as harbor? in the old color charts it looks darker, more like spa blue.

worldoflies marlin changed into harbor. Around 1978 rusto changed all their color names to keep up with times. Fire Hydrant Red=Regal Red, National Blue=Royal Blue, Dunes Tan=Sand, Navy Grey=Smoke Grey(I think) Forrest Green=Hunter Green, Yellow=sunset yellow, Light Yellow=Lemon Yellow, Chestnut Brown=Leather Brown. Avocado stayed the same, Cascade green was on its way out. They got rid of the green and blue aluminums, coral pink and sandalwood tan. The safety colors would soon get switched over to the hard hat line. Two years after that they introduced the five decorator colors, all which failed except for burgundy. I think with some of the name changes they did something with the shades of the colors. Partially becuase colornial Ivory changed to i think almond or antique white and does not look like either of them.