TI HITS HARDER THAN NAS!

Zed Riedfly

Originally posted by seeking@Dec 1 2004, 12:05 PM

ha, i cant believe im arguing about jayz vs. nas again.

fact of the matter is that nas sucks. his albums (save for the first) suck, he's dumb as a rock, he can't freestyle...he has absolutely nothing but illmatic. that's it. his battle shit? an entire song about jay being gay. if you're a fucking monkey that sits on his stoop all day drinking 40's and calling your friends 'god' and lying about girls you fucked, then sure, i can see how you might be impressed by that, but to anyone with a brain, jay destroyed him. the simple fact that he fucked nas baby mama in HIS car, and then flipped that on him...shit, theres no way nas could win after that. jay came with real shit, real disses, real insults, real facts, pointed out how fucking phony nas has always been, lying about his whole life....sheit...jay brought the real shit, nas made up some shit. game, set, match.

this 'battle' was like the presidential elections....people that actually understand the issues and weigh the evidence know that jigga was better. those that look at single issue's and live in some fantasy world that does not exist, go for nas. plain and simple.

Ehhhh.. you seem to have a way more heartfelt opinion on this, I'm just saying what the streets are saying. I know the place hiphop came from's opinion has been downplayed to 'fucking monkies drinking 40s and calling their friends god' by white dudes who hold hiphop to rock music standards ...but I don't think you'd say what you just said in a room full of black/spanish dudes who were born into the projects, the year hiphop was invented in the city that birthed it, beings that you'd get the vice magazine references slapped out of your mouth quick... and that's not me trying to sound tough, so don't let it register as confrontational.

C'mon man, you've heard Ether right? Nail in the coffin.

"Wearin Jaz chains, no tecs, no cash, no cars

No jail bars Jigga, no pies, no case

...Just Hawaiian shirts hanging with lil chase"

P.S. My boy's Russel Simmon's advisor's assistant (which I'm sure you're going to believe)... word around the industry is Jay really is homosexual. 'Sha boy!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in no particular order:

my 'monkey' reference had nothing to do with race, it had to do with people being dumb as fuck, don't get it twisted.

nas doesnt suck cause he lost the battle, he lost the battle cause he sucks.

jay z is gay now? ha. ok. if you say so.

sorry for arguing, i didnt realize you polled all of NYC and got the majority concensus.

ive never liked capone and noriega. something about names that fucking idiotic just stops me taking them seriously.

hell on earth wasn't good. you gonna tell me if MD had never put out 'infamous' that anyone would feel them like they do? hell no.

4,5,6? you're kidding right? dig a little deeper in the collection bro.

yes, without appetite for destruction, GnR would be nothing.

if OC never put out 'word...life', he would be a 'never was' as well.

krs one, who i hate with a passion now, atleast put out several good albums before he turned completely fucking annoying.

jay put out classic record after classic record for nearly a decade. nas puts out a decent song every two years, then totally changes his persona and makes a shitty album.

face it yall, your boy sucks, sorry.

Originally posted by seeking@Dec 1 2004, 01:24 PM

face it yall, your boy sucks, sorry.

Oh yea? Well then I'll play..... THIS CARD....

fourmi.1.jpg !!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, I'm just fucking around. Fuck NAS and Jay-Z anyway.. neither could give a shit about winning any of us over, so I could give a fuck about winning anyone over for them.

Speaking of the ant card.. I heard your boy's latest efforts are pretty stripped down and I'm thinking about giving it a listen. I can't fuck around and say I've felt his other material (post-year of the sex symbol) but if he's taking it back to simpler styles I'll give it a fair shot.

You heard that shit yet/ got an opinion?

seeking, where were you in the '90s? I remember when Hell On Earth dropped, when It Was Written came out, and especially when CNN released War Report. For these three albums, the decision was unanimous that they were all hot. All three are classics (yes - classics), and have mass appeal. I remember even some of the white boys that would hang out on the front lawn of the junior high playing acoustic renditions of Nirvana songs for the dirt girls were feeling that shit.

So you don't take people with 'idiotic' names seriously? Cool. Hey, have you heard that album 36 Chambers by these guys, the Wu-Tang Clan? What a silly name.

Man, just sit down and anxiously await your Sara and Tegan/Jay-Z - Pink Album remix. lol You have just proved that you have no clue what the deal is with real rap music.

I'm not some negro ex-b-boy from the Bronx, but I know that you seem to be a perfect case of hoity toity snobbery that is completely disconnected from the streets - where rap music came from. Again, my opinion, based on what you've said in this thread alone.

^banned.... :haha: its already to late for him....

i dont really care about new nas... he did kill hov on that track though, when ether dropped you all know you were like, damn... there boh alright but i cant say im feeling either of em enuff to buy ANYTHING... illmaic does give him a lifetime pass though, just cause its illmatic...... duh.

weapon x...where was i when those albums dropped? i was djing in clubs for hundreds of kids a week. ;) nice try. when it comes to hip hop between 86-99, no one is pulling my card, sorry.

i'm not some dumb backpacking white boy who just got down when eminem came out, i know my shit.

i havent heard anything new in a while. he moved to spain last spring and thats the last i heard from him. the couple things he did before that i actually liked though. selling live water was pretty damn good. easily the best thing he'd done IMO.

and you can try to pull the ant card, but we honestly changed hip hop (for better or worse)...not many people can say that.

im bored of arguing about this now.

i just got a new mixer tonight. records will be reorganized this weekend. game on, bitches.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say that Nas has had some hiccups in his career...Nastradamus...But It was Written, wasnt illmatic, but when you go back to it now....Its definitely dope...To me, its held the test of time...And Hell on Earth, has one of the best battle tracks of all time...Shit Drop a Gem on Em, got at Pac in a pretty crazy way...With all that said Jigga deserves respect for lockin the game for his time in it, and Nas can be quite contradictory...But Nas took it in the battle....They both have their weaknesses but Nas wack??No way...And man fuck Ludacris...

bottom line

i respect Jay-Z for quitting first and formost... and for being one of the ugliest people ever, let alone the ugliest dude to split beyonce.

Nas dosen't bang unless premier did the beat.

TI is fucking garbage. we don't need another fabolous, we didn't even need one of those shits. goddamn.

and I can't wait till Cam'ron comes out of the closet to mobilize the new homo-thug nation.

i've been listening to digable planets too much.

Archived