Photoshop Thread

Tribal_Man

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adobe.com has tons of tutorials and if you have the install disks there are tons of tutorials already in there.

Most of them will be updates describing the new features but some will be basics.

Personally I use youtube, I hate their stupid fucking adds but if you get used to searching on there it's better.

The people making tutorials on there have competition and tend to be better than even the paid sites like linda.com

Getting used to searching and arranging the search results by relevance, most comments, most views, ect. is the key I think.

That's whats going to help you out the most, not a few links here and there, if you have specific tasks you want to learn you can pick and choose.

For the most part it's tough because if you don't even know what you want to do is called in photoshop talk it's tough to search for.

That's why I just watched a ton of basics and payed more attention to what different stuff is called.

Learning the names of tools, functions, stuff like that is the foundation, getting good and improving your skills with them is the never ending process.

Watching basic tutorials are mad boring though and hard to pay attention to but remembering what stuff is named is the key.

By far the first skill you have to learn is good search skills to get started.

yeah man anyone who wants to learn some good tips, go to the adobe site, or when you open your program there should be a link in the welcome window. They got lots of vids for every program, they even got mini convention things on tour, if you got the cash and wana see it in person or whatever you might wanna look into it.

you can also just google what you want, i.e. "chrome text photoshop" and a bunch will come up.

photoshop_illustrator_magnets.jpg

iam still a newbie to both photoshop and illustrator....

any direct links to learn some basics is appriciated!!!

yo mang, check sites like photoshoplady.com, might be something of use there...also, agreed on the whole thing about giving yourself assignments/projects, best way to learn i think... 99designs.com is not bad if you're starting out and want to take on some "actual" projects...

some work:

cracksbeansfront.jpg

cracksbeansback.jpg

vultposter.jpg

n44495498749_6876.jpg

i finally got photoshop,and is hoping anyone

would like to share some tips on how you learned

the program(private lessons,school,books,youtube tuts etc)

and if you have any basic tips for making your photos look better?

1. sharpness(how much)

2. hue n saturation(exact amount)

3. brightness

and learn Photomerge for collage walls?

any help is very much appriciated!

tx

a really good online resource for tutorials, articles, quick tips, freebies -- brushes, icons, patterns etc.. is here:

http://psd.tutsplus.com/

take a look through the Network as well they have a huge resource of other tutorial sites and partner sites like this one: http://vector.tutsplus.com/ -- which can help you out with vectors and Illustrator.

hope that helps you out.

• 5 weeks later...

You should all give this a read/buy it.

Got it from a talk i went to called The Plight Of The Modern Designer, bunch of what not to do's in the industry this year and whatnot. Was good, and a hell of a laugh.

Few flicks of the publication, gives a hint of what they were on about.

6a00d83452e54569e20133f4fa79d4970b-500wi

6a00d83452e54569e20134881a2f92970c-500wi

6a00d83452e54569e20133f405357e970b-500wi

6a00d83452e54569e20133f40535ce970b-500wi

6a00d83452e54569e20133f4053858970b-500wi

You should all give this a read/buy it.

Got it from a talk i went to called The Plight Of The Modern Designer, bunch of what not to do's in the industry this year and whatnot. Was good, and a hell of a laugh.

Few flicks of the publication, gives a hint of what they were on about.

6a00d83452e54569e20133f4fa79d4970b-500wi

6a00d83452e54569e20134881a2f92970c-500wi

6a00d83452e54569e20133f405357e970b-500wi

6a00d83452e54569e20133f40535ce970b-500wi

6a00d83452e54569e20133f4053858970b-500wi

some of the others ones from this book are great as well I wish i could see the blog I noticed them on..

• 3 weeks later...

actually, i meant to do that. Used the Gaussian blur filter. The only things that are in "focus" are the eyes, lips, and a few other things.

Used the filter to "soften" the skin.

*edit. Unless there is another method of doing that, willing to learn.

• 2 weeks later...

Would any of you be interested in doing some artwork for a CD?

I would do my own stuff, but I don't know how to use photoshop for shite.

I can't pay, but we can send you some copies and of course you'll get full credit (if you want it)

If any of you are interested you can just hit me up on here or by email:

lifewhyz AT gmail DOT com

Archived