i'm pretty scurred

casekonly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and... uh... I don't want to alarm you but I just did a Google image search for "common throat wart" and the only thing that came up was this...

spital.gif

then I changer the search to "throat wart" and among the 8 flicks that came up, this one looks most likely, so if this is what you got in there then your worries are over!

LITTLE%20WART.jpg

ive gotten those kinda things before, but they happen on the inside of teh lip around my teeth...gross yes, but its nothing serious, i think its just some kind of infection or something....dont pick at it and u should be alright, mine usually go away after a week or so...and it doesnt happen very often at all

or u mightve just cut off a piece of ur skin and its dead and dangling and white...whatever it is, see ur family doc or something, dont freak out about it...keep us posted mang

whichever mod changed it to scurred...heh...thank you so much...i'm guessing it was symbols.

and symbols: thanks for the words. it's kinda scary thinking about things like cancer. it's an issue i've put thought into before, but i've never been faced with the thought of having something like that occur so early in life. this just kinda freaked me out when i heard cancerous lesion...wow! talk about waking the fuck up.

so, fuck some evil politicians accepting tobacco money and some dickhead tobacco company execs buying huge mansions on the beach because i decided to start smoking a long time ago...

btw: this is what i think the doctor mentioned today:

HPV

Human papillomavirus. A virus that causes abnormal tissue growth (warts). Some types of HPV are associated with cervical and other types of cancer.

scary.

You'll be fine..take care of your self and like countless others on here have said, quit smoking and use a respirator.

Always get a second and even third opinions from different doctors.

My mother would be alive today if she had done that..the one lazy ass doctor she went to failed to mention the huge cancerous growth in her lung and she lived with it for 3 years before finding out 3 months before she passed.

i hear ya. my condolences, btw.

the oral surgeon today will be the second opinion i've had. the first being by that dentist the other day. from what i've been reading, things are looking pretty scary, but as symbols said stressing causes all sorts of complications with immunity and whatnot. i'm trying my best to not worry until the proper time comes.

i have quit smoking, i officially quit last night.

as far as taking care of myself, i work out, take vitamins and minerals, etc. i'm not a fan of sweets too often and i'm nowhere near overweight. my only 'bad habit' was smoking tobacco.

one suggestion i've heard recently was to eat hawaiian woodrose seeds...which btw will make me trip my nuts off, butthey also contain significant amounts of b-17...australia is doing mad research on it's cancer killing abilities.

• 1 month later...

surgery in two days. (thursday the 9th).

i'm just trying to figure out what i need to do

to get my last wishes for burial, etc. legal

in case something happens on the operating table.

what with the ket and various other drugs i'll be

anesthetised with, you never know. guess i'll go buy a blank form at office max and then have a notary of public do his/her thing.

not that i'm too worried about death, it's

more that i'm afraid my life insurance policy

won't be spent the way i'd like it to be spent

(i.e.: liquor, wine, beer, no funeral at a church,

cremated and ashes thrown off a cliff...always wanted to

be a stuntman....) the rest of the dough i want spent on a family cruise

to somewhere beautiful. i think that'd be cool.

(of course, i won't be going)

anyhow, that's what's running through my mind.

even if nothing happens in surgery, it'll be good to have

a will around.

If you die can I have your computer?

Don't worry, you will be fine. Just don't eat or drink anything before the surgery like they told you to and nothing will happen. It's scary shit, I just had surgery a month ago where I had to go under and the whole time I was thinking about the possibility of not waking up from the anesthesia because I had drowned in my own fluids. But it didn't happen and I was pleasently awakened to horrible, horrible pain.

So there, that's something to look forward to.

thegirlecho: indeed. just like changing clothes....

sarahyoulose: fucking gross. i am a smoker, but i don't sound any different than i have since i was 13 or so.

fermentor: yes! and no...the surgery is at 1:45 in the afternoon, so i should be all good. and pain meds are for keeping pain away...that and pale ale. speaking of which...

Originally posted by Smart@Nov 4 2004, 09:31 PM

and... uh... I don't want to alarm you but I just did a Google image search for "common throat wart" and the only thing that came up was this...

then I changer the search to "throat wart" and among the 8 flicks that came up, this one looks most likely, so if this is what you got in there then your worries are over!

LITTLE%20WART.jpg

Daylily, scientific name Hemerocallis, in Latin meaning "Beauty for a Day".

Archived