bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
christina.jpg

bomb a hill pussy. daniel gezmer on a bike type shit. make sure you got some neon.

p.s. i hate how the bikes that these fucks are riding look like mountain bikes. is that a 33 on the front? just convert a rockhopper already.

p.p.s. the more i look at this pic, the more i hate it, your stem, your shirt and your spokes match. weaksauce.

SOME ONE HELP!!!

ok i have a Raliegh Veloce 531 with standards road forks. my grandad died and passed the bike down to me as i always told him he should convert it to a fixed gear mainly as a joke as i rode fixed gear. and he never got around to it.. so i really wanna finish the project but im having a spot of trouble with the stem .. originally my grandad had a 7cm Nitto Technomic Deluxe road stem.. but its a bit worn so i taught id get a new one and i settled with a MTB riser stem .. but im not to sure on how to fit as the stem fits the fork but i dont no how the headset and risers show work .. you advice and help will be much appriciated .. thanks.

loosen the bolt at top of stem until it sticks up a bit.

whack it with a rubber mallet or a 2x4 or something.

wiggle the stem out with your hands

whilst pinching the bike between your knees.

that oughta free it up.

when putting the replacement stem in

put some grease in the steerer tube

and between the stem and the wedge

(at the bottom of the stem).

hope that helps.

loosen the bolt at top of stem until it sticks up a bit.

whack it with a rubber mallet or a 2x4 or something.

wiggle the stem out with your hands

whilst pinching the bike between your knees.

that oughta free it up.

when putting the replacement stem in

put some grease in the steerer tube

and between the stem and the wedge

(at the bottom of the stem).

hope that helps.

thanks that helps alot..

Carnage... that's what is in store for the 3's. Holy crap. Three really bad crashes in that race and way too many close calls for my liking. Sorry to hear about the dropped chain. The sprint finish was pretty slow but I was sewn up from chasing back on after the last time up Lee hill. Still happy with a top ten placing though. If they run the course in the opposite direction next week... it's going to thin the field out quick. That long steep hill saps the legs after a few times up it.

Nice day for a race though...

i must say i thoroughly appreciate the (sometimes) blatant disregard for all comments fixed gear.

i ride one for winter. end of that topic.

On a slightly different note.

a buddy of mine from work bought this singlespeed from another dude at work. old road-type frame (painted with fucken house paint), steel. messenger cranks, flip & chop bars, you kind of get the idea.

dude's been riding it all winter. bottom bracket gets cranky so he gets me to help him overhaul it.

we go to one of the local bike shops with a rentable DIY room, and i discover he has not only a campagnolo crankset and pedals, but a phil bb.

question marks appear on my head.

interesting.

upon further inspection it turns out it also has a campy headset.;

the lugwork was (from my limited knowledge) very nice, and by the braze ons it was originally intended for a fully-geared drivetrain.

i was talking to a guy at another bike shop i frequent who fucks around with high-end road bikes from the 70's-ish time period. i tell him about said mystery bike (whose decals were probably house-painted over) and he tells me to get my buddy to bring it in.

turns out, after decyphering the serial number, it was a chris kvale frame from 1977, fifth of the year.

now dude is down a bike but is going to refurbish said machine into what it was intended to be.

dunno if y'all care, figured someone might get a kick out of it; i felt like i was on antiques roadshow.

• Like 3

TRIATHLON superstar Craig Alexander's preparations for this year's Ironman World Championship have been thrown into disarray after his bikes were stolen.

Triathlon superstar Craig Alexander is offering a $1000 reward for information leading to the return of his very valuable customised bikes.

The two bikes plus parts, together worth over $25,000, were stolen on Sunday night from the garage of his home at Cronulla, in Sydney's south.

"It's a disruption to training and a pain in the backside to be honest,'' he told reporters on Tuesday.

While the racing bike that was stolen is worth about $15,000, it will be difficult to sell as it is fitted with a number of rare parts that make it easily identifiable.

"I don't know how these people work, they probably just offload it somewhere for a couple of hundred dollars,'' he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/more-sports/heartless-crims-steal-athlete-craig-alexanders-bikes/story-e6frey6i-1225835878137

Bicycle furniture...

http://www.bikefurniture.com/