bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i enjoy reading this thread and hope to someday make enough money to buy nice things, but full time student takes a toll on the wallet.

i want to build up a round-town speeder. i don't race, but i like to go fast. are internally-geared hubs worth anything? i have an old raleigh frame that's missing a back wheel. it was set up as SS but the back wheel is on something else. im on a tight budget and i can do anything i need to do on my own.

im thinking a 9-speed?

officially went from stressed-out/bummed to calm with a night's sleep.

my mechanic was having trouble routing the internal cables and suggested that something "may be wrong with the frames entry points".

struck me as very strange, but it makes sense that dude blames materials when he can't make something happen - being that he IS a solid mechanic. thing is, i want my shit.

spoke to a seasoned builder this morning who said he just went through that same shit, "...and i've been doing this for thirty years!" hahaaha

/patience

internal cable routing can be such a fucking pain.

trek TTXs are the absolute worst.

there is a hole at the head tube and one at the bottom bracket.

but inbetween is just a void, no channels.

we have spent hours taking turns at the shop

fishing around with a spoke trying to pull the cable through.

plenty of curses have been spent on internal routing.

^Are you the guy that was going to ride around the country and hunt food to live?

If not, whatever happened to him?

I dunno but I've seen a guy riding in the oakland hills with a bow and a quiver.

Could've been for the archery range a few miles away but I like to think otherwise.

• Like 1

^Are you the guy that was going to ride around the country and hunt food to live?

If not, whatever happened to him?

I would never hunt food to live while on an expedition. I have preset reration caches when i go out longer then 1 week.

i made a tour last fall though, then went and lived in the mountains for 3 months (without a bike)

• Like 1

First road race of the year tomorrow...

My main strategy is going to be a breakfast heavy on hashbrowns, and a quad shot of espresso before the race.

Mine is going to be to finish...preferably intact. There will be a good number of new cat 3's in that field... stay toward the front-ish.

after a lot of headaches i finally got to take my first real ride (50mi.) on the bmc today.

real responsive and a lot less harsh than i imagined it'd be. the trek is much more 'chatty'. oh, and SRAM FTW !!

excited to put it through the paces on this 3 day weekend.

________

joker/rubbish: what's up with some race reports??!!

you wanna give me ur 1000? I'll give you a dollar for it. I'm half joking but I could use the parts so unless its going to be a hammydown for your cousins or whatever, holla atcha boy.

Also has anyone had any luck finding clipless shoes that look casual and are on the bottom recessed at least enough for some ATAC clips? I want to start riding more casually but Im done with lycra and I dont do the fred look. And I dont mean cheapass shimano shoes either for trainers and whatever else.

Got caught up in the domino effect of an uphill finishing sprint crash in the first race of the year today. It started out on the very right side of the field, I was in the centerline and went left to avoid it and somehow still managed to get into the carnage at the lasts second. No idea if the bike is okay but I pedaled it to the finish after 5 minutes of making sure my body and my friend behind was okay. My hip/lower back on one side is damn near killing me and already way seized after taking a nap. We'll see if I can walk tomorrow... because I can barely move as it is right now. Someone in front of me either was overshifted or overlapped wheels and caused it, not sure on the official story.