bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Oh and Rubbish I seen you doing "tricks" on your track bike in front of Stumptown... Just saying... But a camelback? seriously?

Shit was years ago, but yeah. I'm not gonna deny it. Like I said, I was in the same position as dudes on those videos a couple years back. These days I could care less about most things track bike-related that don't take place on the track.

Either way, re: the Camelbak, we all make mistakes from time to time :D You could talk plenty of shit about my janky cross bike (complete with a 1x10) and beat to shit Sidis if you want, too, but I'm not getting dropped on the group rides with a 22.5lb bike and a frame that wouldn't look bling by 1995 standards.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Rubbish, I think the genre's got potential hidden somewhere that none of my buddies at Macaframa or Mash have sucessfully graphically tapped into. That's still an open challenge to anybody who feels passionate about filming their rides. Even my buddy C. who shot
would admit it's not much to look at nowadays. The question is, how do you film road cycling and make it as visually appealing as downhill mountain biking, skateboarding, skiing, or motorsports? These sports have their video footage down to a successful formula that hasn't changed in 15 years. Eventually road cycling may be the same way but someone's gotta figure it out first. Where's the Warren Miller of two wheels?

I think the main thing about skating, DH, and skiing are that you have a wide variety of terrain. In skateboarding and skiing as well, you have all these different paths to take - half pipe, skateparks (Cardiel!), and street spots for the former, and powder/backcountry/cliffs, park, tree runs, half pipe, rails and black diamond fast stuff for the latter. For any bike on the road, the most exciting terrain you have is a mountain climb and some switch backs on the descent. Cobblestones too, sure. I love watching pros descend the Alps at 60mph, but that's not the main part of any road bike race.

Cyclocross has the most untapped potential out of anything basically because of the ridiculousness and variety of terrain IMO.

Oh yeah, Soup, always liked that Massan clip. SF hills are gnarly as hell anyway you put it, but 60 minutes of watching them (as in Mash SF), not so much.

P.S. You seen a Sunday in Hell or Road to Roubaix? Both good road bike movies - but not really in the same way that a skate video makes you hyped up and ready to ride.

in my opinion a video like macaframa worked because the film makers

knew how to create drama and suspense through choice shots and editing,

and how to accent the terrain they were riding.

plus all those kids ride sick bikes

so if anything you can just look at the swag.

thats my two cents.

Team group ride today... holy shit. What a bunch of jackasses. A full grown man broke down into toddler temper tantrum when a buddy attacked at the end of a hill (temper man's own client, no less) and was solid screaming for good three minutes. Lost a bunch of respect for him. We're fucking dressed in clown suits and riding 20mph on the side of the road - how the hell are you going to take it that serious? I think I'm going to start shopping around for a new team to join come summer time. In addition, the constant stopping to adjust fenders, 10 people all saying "car back!" (because we didn't hear the first guy that said it), and people trying to steer the group from the back and tell them where to turn (nearly caused a crash when a woman changed her line responding to the rear-dude pilot without checking her side/behind and went right into me on the left). Tip for anyone that does group rides: if you want the group ride to take a right through a certain intersection, go to the front and steer them that way.

Roadies can have jock-like tendencies, and that's cool, but when you're a full on jock I want zero to do with you and will train myself into a wall to beat you in every sprint. Get fucked.

Congrats Count! If you did all that and still got 10th then you'll know better for next race and finish better.

Now I'm curious as to who you're riding with, Rubbish. If someone attacks on a hill during a group ride... just let him go or go with him. The thing that sucks about group rides is a handful of people love to show how freakishly strong they are, and that's just fine. I've learned over the years that if I'm feeling saucy I'll go with 'em but if I'm riding smart I'll just do my own tempo and catch up on the downhill. No biggie. Why anyone would flip out seems silly to me.

Went on a team ride yesterday and by the third hour my average was 293 watts. By the time I got home I was crawling along on the flats with a tail wind. My legs had nothing left.

Speaking of men getting angry about climbing... it's not very nice but it's always fun to ride fairly fast, uphill, past a group of recreational cyclists while chatting to a team mate... like the effort is no big deal. We did this yesterday to the same group of cyclists not only once, but twice. Once on the way out of town and then again on our way back in a few hours later. A team mate made it worse by sitting up pretending to be talking on his mobile phone. Shit was funny. The second time we heard some derogatory comments being made. Cracked me up.

:lol: ^

today i saw what im assuming was a stolen bike (the bike had aerobars, think it was a trek but im not sure) being ridden by a guy in a hoodie, backback, beanie and jeans rather clumsily and 2 people in road gear confronting him. apparently he wouldnt stop and they started shoving the stolen bike trying to make the guy fall. not sure if he did or not, the light changed and i was in the wrong lane.

Some good advice here for the road riders: http://www.cyclingtipsblog.com/2010/02/6-quick-tips/

After riding through debris use your bidon to rub your wheels clean instead of using your hands. This will save wear on your gloves and avoid getting slivers getting caught in your fingers.

If you don’t have a tyre lever to fix a puncture try using the quick release part of the skewer.

Instead of trying to wipe your sunglasses clean from sweat with your jersey, just pour water over them and give them a shake. You won’t risk scratching them and they’ll dry without spots or smears.

When riding beside someone and you need to look backwards put your arm on the shoulder of rider next to you. This will give you a sense of reference to keep riding straight ahead.

Tip for cleaning jockey wheels: Let the chain pull a wipe into the derailleur and when gets stuck there it’ll clean as you turn the chain. Then just push the derailleur until it is straight and pull the wipe out.

Open your energy bars before you start your ride or race. This way you won’t need to fiddle with them while you’re riding and it’ll make you eat more frequently.

Use babywipes to clean your bike, shoes, chain….nearly everything. I don’t know what they put in these but there’s no better thing on earth to keep your gear clean.

ok so i noticed my right leg when i ride my road bike my foot is really crooked because i commute in jeans and i guess my ankle naturally twists now so my jeans dont get caught in the chainring. it looks really weird and now its starting to hurt. any idea how i correct this? im guessing i just have to ride for a very long time on a trainer staring down at my foot until i can get it to stay straight without thinking about it.

im hoping this is just a bad habit?

also, pain at the base of my spine. is this common with misfitted bikes/ bad riding posture?