bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
all these point to point movies coming just seem like excuses for lousy riders to make movies and try to be cool.

Agreed. A lot of those dudes could get a big benefit from seeing a bike fitter - looking at nearly everyone trying to ride in the drops, it doesn't take an experienced eye to be able to see they're doing it wrong.

Having been there and done that, I can say firsthand there's really nothing extraordinary about riding fixed over long distances, with the exception of switchback descents.

how the fuck do people do shit like this? this is my dream, to ride awesome bikes in awesome foreign places.

just go for it tron save up some loot or get some sponsors. It can be as easy as rubbish heap says all though there is no profit to be made. Ive rode with some of these guys in Europe like 5 years ago. really great experience.

The guys i know in the video ride there bikes everyday, and sorry fella, there could give a fuck about being cool, it was an open ride to whom ever wanted to roll along that could handle the trip.

Nearly have my CAAD9 paid for... maybe not in time for the first road race of the year, but hopefully after that. I rode it today around the bike and already had it fitting well just by transferring over some measurements. Going from Shimano to Campy is semi-weird but I think I'm going to like Campy a lot... Shimano's 105 hood ergonomics can be meh.

The goal is to have the perfect crit bike setup by summer crit season... that means stiff where it counts (cockpit, BB shell), somewhat light, and lots of cornering clearance through shorter cranks and (maybe) Speedplays.

Agreed. A lot of those dudes could get a big benefit from seeing a bike fitter - looking at nearly everyone trying to ride in the drops, it doesn't take an experienced eye to be able to see they're doing it wrong.

Having been there and done that, I can say firsthand there's really nothing extraordinary about riding fixed over long distances, with the exception of switchback descents.

Considering the kinds of kids that made that film, they're likely doing this to a.) prove how totally awesome and versatile their own bikes are b.) Show off how much fun it is to be different and do rad things c.) pier bonding exercise and d.) prove how much more pratical bicycles are than...a japanese bullet train. The whole thing's an exercise in futility.

Every aspect of cycling's already been thoroughly filmed except for road cycling. The likely reason: it's pretty boring to watch other people do it.

That said: soon as i get my new road bike Im buying an HD bike cam to show you guys the roads we have. :D

Euth, that does kinda look like ur bike. Why is it in the picture?

Soup, I'm well aware of that stuff because I used to be in the exact same place as those guys - riding my fixed gear for retardedly long miles, brakeless, and in full 'fred' attire (hell, ask Joker about that time he saw me ride past on the road solo when he was stopping for something to eat: I was probably wearing bike shorts, a t-shirt, no helmet, no brakes, spoke cards, a CamelBak and a track bike).

I agree that it's not that exciting to watch people ride on the road no matter the bike, but the photography can be amazing and make me want to ride like a skate video makes me want to skate. Check this recurring feature on a certain cool Aussie blog: http://www.cyclingtipsblog.com/category/what-you-missed/.

Joker, any team mates parting with 57cms?

A 57cm? I'll ask but I think they'll either have a 56 or a 58. There may be a bike just like mine that is a 58cm but labeled as a Large. What is your price range?

Stalling on today's ride... sick of the rain. We had some dry days but they were either on one of my rest days or a gym day. I just want some dry sunny rides. I don't care if it's 35° as long as it's dry.

Rubbish, I think the genre's got potential hidden somewhere that none of my buddies at Macaframa or Mash have sucessfully graphically tapped into. That's still an open challenge to anybody who feels passionate about filming their rides. Even my buddy C. who shot

would admit it's not much to look at nowadays. The question is, how do you film road cycling and make it as visually appealing as downhill mountain biking, skateboarding, skiing, or motorsports? These sports have their video footage down to a successful formula that hasn't changed in 15 years. Eventually road cycling may be the same way but someone's gotta figure it out first. Where's the Warren Miller of two wheels?