bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Winter over here and im trying to get myself out of debts by working my ass off and not spending loads of money on stuff i dont need ( something i have a natural talent to do ).

Anyways im building a hipster mobile 50000.

I work on the road so i cant afford to lose my license while driving drunk so i need a commuter, but hey keep in mind im aiming for the hipmobile 50000.

Im looking to get some cheap plastic, solid steel or wood for that matter aerospoke looking wheels because they are hip as fuck.

aerospoke_gold_front.jpg

This is the kind im talking about.

props will be donated thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i guess thats what il do. i ride better with people behind me (nohomo). and on a related note, in a paceline if you see someone trying to pass you, speeding up just long enough for them to fall back in line and then slowing down to your regular speed (the speed thats too slow for them) considered taboo?

im figurin since its a race it should be fine... cus i do this sometimes in mtb races and people get really mad...

i don't think of myself as much of a sprinter... but i know i'm faster coming from a 3 lap draft than someone who's been pulling for a while—barring the occasional freak.

i've been using these training crits to move around a bunch.

took a lap and a half pull at the front last week and managed to spread the group out a bit.

good times - next week i'll give it a go without the hangover.

Winter over here and im trying to get myself out of debts by working my ass off and not spending loads of money on stuff i dont need ( something i have a natural talent to do ).

Anyways im building a hipster mobile 50000.

I work on the road so i cant afford to lose my license while driving drunk so i need a commuter, but hey keep in mind im aiming for the hipmobile 50000.

Im looking to get some cheap plastic, solid steel or wood for that matter aerospoke looking wheels because they are hip as fuck.

aerospoke_gold_front.jpg

This is the kind im talking about.

props will be donated thanks

May i suggest an HED Trispoke? much more reliable and wont explode on you whilst bombing mad hills yo...

3836116533_6d79719a63.jpg

Aerospokes are a strict vanity wheel, ride sloppy as hell, and are generally only ran by clueless fashionistas and people who don't care how their bike will ride.

Not trying to stir some shit but im clearly saying that im building the hipmobile 50000

so the whole weight/performance argument is absolutely pointless.

Im pretty far from clueless about bikes but the roadbike thing is not my cup of tea.

No i dont care about how the hipmobile 50000 will perform i just want it to be hip as fuck.

I have to comply with the fashionista rulebook in order to achieve the hipmobile 50000 to its full potential.

• Like 1

.none. - there are tons of online shops and resources for that kind of stuff, you just have to Google for it. You're not going to get much help here with that kind of stuff because the majority of us just don't care for the fashion accessory bikes. Do some online shopping... you'll find what you're looking for, and it won't be cheap.

Well dawg, no hate but you're jumping on a trend that peaked in '07. I've been there, done that (the track bike thing, not the Aerojoke). Shit has been played like gazelle shades. Classic road bikes are a hell of a lot more 'hip' these days to those in the know.

True dat...or he could buy an old cannondale because he wants a road bike with track geo. Once he gets said bike he could ride around in the big ring all the time an d still use cages for the next five years. Better yet put risers on it and make it a 1xWhatever.

the hipster mobile 50000 sounds like a ridiculous endeavor. i ride a fixed almost e'ery day, rain or shine. not going for any look but after riding bmx throughout my childhood and early adulthood, i got tired of "coasting through life". no lie, the whole perpetual motion thing is what got me hooked. seriously though, get a aeroGAY and watch 600 bones go down the drain after hitting a pothole. they dont bend or crack, they shatter.

on another tip: i have a 1" TT and wanna get rid of the threaded bullshit i have on right now. cost is an issue. went to a shop and they guy was telling me about some soma track fork but it was like 130 bones. then i'd have to factor in the cost of a new headset, a new stem, and all the fixings that come with that nonsense. does anyone know of any GOOD websites online to find parts. i remember always hitting up danscomp.com and albes.com for BMX part but i have no clue about the "big kid" bikes.

oh yeah, hope everyone doing trial riding and whatnot is doing well.