bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Platforms/straps don't work that great and have shittt cornering clearance. Are you tricking or something? If you're tricking go for it I guess. 97% of fixed gear freestyle is lame as shit and about the height of TPWF tomfoolery that all you dudes (or just DAO) love to complain about.

http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=188_246_849_1366

nah, i was only curious about the pedals for aesthetics only. trick riding on fix makes as much sense as running a triathlon with a bmx. besides learning how to trackstand and some various skid stops; that's all i care to learn. Im running mks pedals with christophe straps. I think i need to run dual straps though

got a trek 1.1 c today. yes, the cheapest trek roadbike money can buy, but a trek with bontrager components none the less. also got a cateye strada computer.

this and the jamis ventura were the only bikes in my budget, anything i should know about this bike before the 30day return is up?

and cwalk, does sweat run into your eyes when you wear them? summers here are too hot for a "doo-rag" so i always put off buying shades because i figured i wouldnt be able to get sweat out of my eyes.

113 mile ride today with 3650ft. of climbing. The last hour and a half or so was in darkness too, which kinda sucked because I hit two really big rocks on highway 30 from not being able to see the ground in front of me. No flats, no cramps, no numbness... all in all a great ride today.

Yo TRON, double straps are the only way to go fixed (well, besides clipless)... don't cheap out and get the Soma's either, check out MKS, Toshi or Kashimax. They're expensive but worth it... I'm still running the same Toshi doubles from 2 or 3 years ago.

yeah, so i've heard. wondering if they're convenient for daily downtown usage..

i don't do tricks, i'm not even riding fixed atm.

it's just for being able to accelerate faster after red lights and the like.

there's a lot of other straps, but most of them look like shit;

the one above are like the first decent-looking i've found so far,

that's why i asked.

113 mile ride today with 3650ft. of climbing. The last hour and a half or so was in darkness too, which kinda sucked because I hit two really big rocks on highway 30 from not being able to see the ground in front of me. No flats, no cramps, no numbness... all in all a great ride today.

Yo TRON, double straps are the only way to go fixed (well, besides clipless)... don't cheap out and get the Soma's either, check out MKS, Toshi or Kashimax. They're expensive but worth it... I'm still running the same Toshi doubles from 2 or 3 years ago.

so blown my christmas/birthday money hasn't rolled through, just found http://cgi.ebay.com/Toshi-Double-Toe-Strap-DeLuxe-Suede-Track-Fixed-black_W0QQitemZ110472726094QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b8b0064e

on ebay.

im going to check with some of my buddies who work in bike shops and see if i can mooch some secondhand double straps on the lo lo.

'm looking forward to being a regular on this thread again (Ha ha). The gym sucks. Im going back to cycling soon as I can afford to build a new bike. IIm not going back into the sport with half of my components ovalized and warped and the other half designed to kill my back and butt.

Tron i will stab you if you buy those straps. No straps are worth $100, Even when single straps do this to canvas shoes.

vans2.jpg

(Hint: wool socks/fluffy tongues/fat laces/double up on single straps)

And acer last i czeched Bontrager doesnt make cranks, chainrings, casettes, or brake calipers, and Shimano's low end shit is made to last for one season, so watch out.

Soup - Toshi doubles are a one time deal; you buy them and forgot about them. Cheaper single straps, even Campagnolo ones, have always delaminated or stretched on me and had to be replaced. Campy single straps are like $45 or so and nice when they're new but having to replace them once would just mean it'd be more worth it to do the Toshis. Like I said, I've had mine forever and they've been through however many rainy winters. They retain their durability better than anything else.

If you're crafty, you could always try making your own out of regular leather too, but it'd be hard to make them laminated (nice straps have two pieces of leather with a hardened piece of rubber sandwiched in between for stiffness/to keep them from becoming too stretchy over time).

Yo, those shoes look like an art piece by the way...

i ignore this thread (and 12oz) for a few months for the most part and all hell has broken loose. yous are back patting each other and saying shit like wooden handlebars and platform peds are cool. if i had any motivation id make a "faggot fuck poseur fixie bike" thread.

im keeping the disconnect alive, that shit doesnt count as bikes...

• Like 1

Joker and Rubbish keep this thread pretty on point. I usually don't read much else unless I'm addressed in the post.

Aside from that I picked up two pairs of specialized wool socks. Those things make my shoes feel 10 times better. Not to mention it cuts down on how funky my feet get.

And acer last i czeched Bontrager doesnt make cranks, chainrings, casettes, or brake calipers, and Shimano's low end shit is made to last for one season, so watch out.

yea but they make handlebars, stems and seats which is better off then the jamis...

went for a little ride today, 20mph gusts but other then that it was nice. i dont like having to downshift with my thumb and upshift with my other fingers, il be upgrading to some doubletaps as soon as possible.

and c-walk, my helmet has almost no padding at all, would lining it with some absorbing stuff be a big no-no?

What are the farken odds...

A MAN who was hit by a cyclist on a boat ramp in southern NSW has died in hospital.

His death takes the state's holiday road till to 18.

About 1am (AEDT) on Tuesday, a 20-year-old man was riding a mountain bike at speed down the Horseshoe Lagoon boat ramp at Moama, on the Murray River, when he hit a 21-year-old man.

Police said they believed the man had stepped into the cyclist's path.

He was knocked backwards and hit his head on the ground.

The man was taken to Echuca Hospital across the Victorian border for treatment and later transferred to The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne, where he died late on Tuesday night.

The mountain bike rider was interviewed by police and released pending further inquiries.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/pedestrian-dead-after-hit-by-cyclist-on-a-boat-ramp/story-e6freuy9-1225814598782

I wonder if this wheelset is heavy...

yea those stickers kill the whole bike for me. other then that its one of the nicest bikes ive ever seen.

45 miles with 25mph gusts and a windchill of lower 20's. with regular riding shorts, a long sleeve underarmor "cold gear" shirt and a short sleeve jersey. my excuse is the parking lot at the apartments is sheltered from the wind and is really sunny.

i think im going to stick to doing 5 mile laps around the lake because its pretty much windless because of the turns.

there was literally dead skin on the hoods and it looked like i had been riding them for years. it was crazy

What are the farken odds...

A MAN who was hit by a cyclist on a boat ramp in southern NSW has died in hospital.

His death takes the state's holiday road till to 18.

About 1am (AEDT) on Tuesday, a 20-year-old man was riding a mountain bike at speed down the Horseshoe Lagoon boat ramp at Moama, on the Murray River, when he hit a 21-year-old man.

Police said they believed the man had stepped into the cyclist's path.

He was knocked backwards and hit his head on the ground.

The man was taken to Echuca Hospital across the Victorian border for treatment and later transferred to The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne, where he died late on Tuesday night.

The mountain bike rider was interviewed by police and released pending further inquiries.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/pedestrian-dead-after-hit-by-cyclist-on-a-boat-ramp/story-e6freuy9-1225814598782

thats a shame!