bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: litespeed siena

Hesh...Titanium is the shit, straight on. Before I got mine I borrowed a buddies old Cannondale R400. Aluminum frame, aluminum fork and low end Shimano with some 105 on it. I rode about 30 miles on it and raced it the same weekend. That bike beat the crap outta me. When I got mine I couldn't believe the difference in comfort. I've got a titanium frame and that bad ass Look HC3 Carbon fork (and steer tube). I can't believe how smooth that bike is. Gotta love that nice clean titanium look on the chain and seat stays.

My next race is coming up this weekend. Its on a course I absolutely love and the weather looks like its going to be bad. For some reason I tend to do well under those circumstances.

Re: Re: litespeed siena

Originally posted by SteveAustin

I've got a titanium frame and that bad ass Look HC3 Carbon fork (and steer tube). I can't believe how smooth that bike is. Gotta love that nice clean titanium look on the chain and seat stays.

yes titanium is the best and i have an alpha Q carbon and titanium fork on my litespeed...it makes me happy...i don' t know what im going to do with my self this weekend i have no racing to do well looks like i'll be going on some really long rides....

Guest HESHIANDET

well, heres the deal the siena is about $3300. the arenberg is on sale for a little over 2 g's. now i know theyare completely different bikes, but shit, that thousand dollar differnce is really killing me. i think if i get the siena the guy is gonna hook up some peds and shoes, not quite a grands' worth, but still some nice insentive. im also a tad concerned about how the compact would feel say if i went for a century. the whole time i was riding it i was sprinting. i dunno, that bike is fuckin fast.

also, whats the deal w/ the shimano computer thats like the egro brain? hows it compare? and where the fuck is dibs??

DAAAMMMMMMNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tearz... that is a lovely looking steed, my friend! There's nothing like descending on fast curvy road is there? Like my coach says... "Decending is the only reason I ride". That bike is awesome! You'll have to cinvince me to buy that ErgoBrain since I've been contemplating on it for over a year now. I don't think there's much difference between it and the FlightDeck.

Cinnamon... You can't win them all, bro. You got a top ten finish and made a grip of others look silly on the climbs. If anything you know you're strengths and weaknesses now. But you should also look at how you felt that day compared to other days. Before the ride and during. What you ate different if anything. There could have been something minor that kept you from a third or fourth place finish. Don't be so quick to knock your riding skills, because if you ask me... you're killing it!!

Hesh... buy the damn bike already! I was hangin' out with Felon today and he had some flicks of a friend of mine who couriers there in Philly. He was hangin' out in a bar with a huge crowd of couriers but what got my attention was how bombed the bar the was. Rediculous.

Haven't raced for a while now and haven't done much training either. I did 140 miles two weeks ago and only 130 miles last week. A little under par for this time of year. I can't seem to get into the swing of things. And my weight is killing me!! I gotta get it together, friends! Track racing season is starting soon, too. Oh man... I'm slackin'!! You guys are making me look silly. First I'm slippin' in the graff world and now I'm slippin' on two wheels!! Arghhhhhh...........

Guest TEARZ

thanks joker... and yes, descending is the shit. it's such a fresh feeling just to cut right through a downhill turn like a razor sharp scalpel. on the track bike it's fun but a little awkward going down the same type of descent.

the flight deck is very similar to the ergo brain. i'm not sure if it has all of the same crazy functions (like audio functions), but i'm pretty sure it has all the normal stuff, and cadence. i'm positive that it tells you your gearing. i've heard good things about it.

today i've found the few pieces of road which now gives me a near perfect 55 mile loop. i'm extremely excited because this loop has everything. it's absolutely beautiful 95% straight up country roads with incredible farm views, with challenging climbs, nice rollers, decent pavement on most stretches and my favorite thing about it... rollercoaster road. this road is incredible. as if the sharp climbs, descents and hairpin turns weren't enough, there are old colonial houses on one side, very sparsely located, and on the other side is a monster orchard with rows and rows of trees cut into the side of this extremely hilly area. the thing doesn't stop rocking and rolling for about 4 or 5 miles. sometimes i miss the city, but the boondocks have their distinct advantages.

i've trying to compile bicycle songs...

help me out...

queen- bicycle race

kraftwerk- tour de france

mega banton- bicycle bar

that tom waits song

wheely b- wheelie song

ummm... i had more....

WOW!so much is goin on here. its been a while since i've been through. i have been working at a new bike shop owned by some really great people and i feel pretty lucky. but its a very busy shop and i've been running non stop since i started. i dont know who to congratulate, it seems everyone is doing so well. so i'll just sya congratulations to the whole damn crew. go stone cutters. i am also getting a new bike, bring it home tommorrow, a giant AC1. big suspension bike, freeride/big hit bike. very heavy. not as stylee as a titanium lightspeed(go hesh) but real chopper like a harley with apehangers. could jump off my house with this bike.well i'm glad all is well in bike land. get your ride on everyone!

"Decending is the only reason I ride". haha that's a joke. mine it "Climbing is the only reason I ride."

but yeah joker now that i think about it the week before the tech roadrace i had the perfict week of training and the week before the last race was kaos with 90degree weather (whiched sucked my body was not use to it at all) and so much work to do. I think could of made the difference. I only have to finish one more race and i can offically move up to a cat 4. then the fun beginns

Its kinda crazy how everything effects your performance. Last fall I had a bad cross race. Cats I normally destroy handed me my ass. It was just one of those days. Pissed me off something serious though.

Climbing is definitely where races are won. One of my buddies gave me the great secret to descending. He said its all in the brakes....don't use 'em. I know it sounds strange, but ever since he said that...I've gotten faster and faster on the downhills. I try not to touch the brakes unless I have to. Single speeding helps out with this as well. Gotta maintain your momentum, so braking is very bad.

Page 4? Slippin'

Well, I move tomorrow. I got a phone call yesterday ... I might be building bikes for a living again. See you guys in a few days.

Songs:

Ghoti Hook - My Bike

Plankeye - I don't remember the name of the song, but it was on the Commonwealth album ... Something like "Safety Helmet" or something

Those are a bit obscure ... sorry

its been a minute.

cars are way to easy...................

but im still bout it on my lowride. that book helped alot...

i just cant afford the three hund in tune ups my shit needs...id rather get bondo'd out and shit....

yeah yeah yeah excuses excuses

***and not that this needs to be said but, Joker your one super cool guy...man, you make me wanna just get back out there and get my ride on.....thanks again for the advice.....

****Dibs...what bike shop you work at, unfortunatley, i gotta spend some moneys and I want to hook up the right cats, nahmsayen? if you dont want to say, your friend who prolly dislikes me might have my email addy...tell em radeone said hi.

well the final standings came out for the ACCC conference. those are the collegiate races i have been doing

well i finished up 13th over all in Mens B catagory. which im happy about concidering i didn't go to the first half of the races. And our school is divison 2 and i got 2nd in Men's B in division 2 schools. I'm pleased with how the collegiate season went. One thing i thought was great about it is that you're racing against people close in age. It's not like a cat. 5 race where the ages range from 18-45 or whatever. It was great training for the up coming uscf season and the races where low key i met some people. And i was talking to the confrence director (who through my dad i have know since i was 10) she said she wont allow me to race B's next year. So next year...yeah im going to get one hell of a work out.

i road this morning 3hrs...my legs are twitching...it's strange oh well

bikes kill

good luck with the new job alkaline

So, I had my second mountain bike race this weekend. The weather was nasty as predicted. It rained all Friday night and Saturday. Showed up at the race site on Sunday and as expected, it was muddy. Luckily this place drains fairly well, so it could have been worse. I have to say I didn't feel the best when I woke up in the morning. My legs felt a little tight, almost like I had raced the day before. The wind was biting cold as we were standing around waiting for the start gun. The race started and I oddly found myself out in front. Knowing it wasn't going to last I tried to get to the top of the hill first. Since I arrived late and didn't have time to warm up...I felt the lactic acid build up quick and then patially shut me down. I started getting passed left and right. That whole first lap I felt like I was going to puke. Between wanting to stop and stick my finger down my throat and my tire choice I had some serious thoughts about quitting. I finally got past the queasyness, settled down and got in my comfort zone. My tires started hooking up on the second lap really well due to the tackiness of the mud. The second and third laps were much better. Dropped several guys on one huge climb. Passed lots of people while only being passed twice myself. I finished the race in 9th place. Went and checked my lap times....my second lap was 8 minutes faster than my first and my third lap was 6 minutes faster than the first. If my first lap was on par with the other two I would've been top five. I'm thrilled with the 9th and glad to see all the work I've done in the past month has paid off. I can't wait for the next race.

So, this weekend there was an event call festival of cycles at a city park. the gist of the event is hundreds of old bikes in various stages of deterioration are amassed along with literally hundreds and hundreds of pound of assorted used componentry. and here's the kicker: everything is free. tools and a couple mechanics are also supplied so folks can build up working rides. i ended up with a slick raleigh mnt frame with horizontal dropouts, a homemade rigid fork, which uses the crown and steertube of a suspension fork, a pair of sun race thumb shifters, and an old shwinn continental in nearly new condition.

lots of people built choppers, and super-odd bikes cobbles out of assorted parts (eg 26" front wheel, 10" rear wheel BMX frame, bananna seat, and handlebars with 1.5'of rise). I even saw some motorcycle fenders being used on bikes. as if all that wasnt enough, there was tons of free food- all of the damn tasty, organic variety.

to add to all that, the shop where i hang out had organized a demo for the event which involved, among other things, a gap from the top of a schoolbus, over the hood to a transition below, and a double teeter-todder ( a shorter one on top of a longer one) 8' off the ground. it was a lovely weekend.

thanks

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

sick dude, congrats. i just look at my mountain bike and wonder why i own it sometimes..

It seems like the only time I ride my mountain bike is when there is a race. I've got over a dozen bikes and the road bike(s) probably get 95% of my time. I have a full suspension mt bike that hasn't been ridden since September of last year. Crazy thing is that its a nice bike. It weighs a little over 23 lbs. which is damn light for a dually mt. bike. I'm beginning to think I should just sell it.

Hesh, you outta turn the mt bike into a singlespeed or fixie. That changes everything. Its a whole new ride. I turned my first mt. bike into a SS and that is partially to blame for not touching the dually. Gotta love the rigid single.

Cinnamon...you know, riding is a great stress reliever. luck on those finals man.

Strato...that festival sounds like a blast. I would've loved to be there. I've got an old tandem I want to make into some kind of crazy ass chopper. I'm thinking ape hangers and riding from the second seat. One man hella chopper.

Guest TEARZ

i've been slipping lately, it's good to see that you guys are staying busy. i only rode 90 miles this past week and really didn't do shit over the weekend but shave my legs. and my diet is going to shit. argh. time to punish myself.

You guys sound like a bunch of meathead jocks. Ohh well I bench this much, oh yeah well I benched this much and curled that much. Well I benched twice as much as both of you combined with a hot bitch riding my dick. GET OFF IT, you ride a bike, cool, you race, cool, stop slapping each others asses and sucking each others dicks telling each other how good you are... This isnt a fucking locker room. Besides, I bench more than any of you and ride faster.

Guest HESHIANDET

ok, to change things up a little bit:

im goo-goo over building wheels. if you guys want, buy shit, have it shipped to my house, and i'll build your wheels for you. say 10 bucks a pair. thats gotta be cheaper than a shop.

annnd imo, i don't think its wrong to support your friends in what they're doing. nothing gay about a pat on the ass. ;)

word...

Originally posted by HomerJayII

Hoffman "Big Daddy" frame

S&M Slam Bars

Standard seat post

GT 180mm 3-piece cranks

Dia-Compe 990 cantilever brakes

Oddessy Gyro

ADI longneck grips

Peregrine Pegs

And a pink seat off a childs bike

dk "sob" frame

s&m slam bars

dont even know about the seatpost

990's

primo seatclamp

s&m redneck

primo hemroid seat

primo tenderizer pedals

primo pegs

fbm sprocket

profile 3 piece cranks

s&m pitch forks

kinda looking to buy a used road bike though..not looking to spend to much..i want to see if i like it...if anyone knows of some deals hit me up

hesh, i feel you on the wheele building. there is something so satisfying from building a set of wheeles, epecially your own. there is nothing lik a hand built, no machine built wheele can compare to a nice hand built. i wish i got to lace up more wheeles, and i would like to learn some of the crazy lacing patterns too.

wayto go steve austin on your race, cinnamon too. i am going to do a mtn race on sunday, i hope to do well, i have never raced before, i missed my last attempt due to too much drinking the week before. but ive been in check and feel relly good on the bike lately and hve had a major break through on the bike in the last 2 weeks also. i feel ready.

so i got this new bike as mentioned earlier, a giant ac1, 6" rr suspension, 5" frt suspension, i have never had a bike like this before, its heavy as hell, 38lbs to be exact, not exactly a climber, but it goes up ok due to the lock out in the frnt fork, it locks out compressed, at the bottom. what it does do well is decend, over anything, very fast. i pick the same lines i would pick on my cross country bike and it eats it up, pick a more aggressive line over rocks ad roots that would kill my xc bike, the giant kills it. it jumps off of big nasty boulders, clears drops. the thing just destroys rough trails, and i havent even been able to take it downtown to jump stairs yet, and with 8" rotor hydrolic disc brakes, stops on a dime. i am in love with this bike, its like a big soft bmx bike for big dudes.sorry guys, i just had to profess my love of her.:crazy:

Re: word...

Originally posted by doomfarmer

kinda looking to buy a used road bike though..not looking to spend to much..i want to see if i like it...if anyone knows of some deals hit me up

ebay dood. i just got a bianchi off there for 217 including shipping.