bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by TEARZ

time to go read cycle sport and shave my legs. :D

is the april cycle sport out? the book store here still has the march issue on the stands. can't figure out picture posting on here let alone taking the time to flick the fleet and develope film. i would like to see the de rosa when your done with it though:p

right click on the image and go to "source" or "properties"

that'll give you the url of the flick

in the 12oz reply, click on IMG

it'll ask you to enter the url of the flick

do so, hit ok

ok

i would've just done it, but i couldn't find the flick

Guest THE LAW

well, after months of borrowing bikes, THE LAW is getting the Almighty Raspberry Marauder back rebuilt as a single speed. Bought a new back wheel and hub (flip flop) so starting tomorrow...THE LAW is going fixed. much crashing is anticipated...:(

Guest TEARZ

ohno... i don't think that the new cs is out yet.. at least i haven't seen it. and the de rosa is gonna take a while, but i promise to get pics up as soon as it is ready... but $ wise, it's probably 1/2 a year away. i'll get pics up of the new cannondale soon though.

i crashed on the track bike today... i was going about 20mph when an old lady cut out right in front of me making a left hand turn. at first i thought i was gonna go straight through her window, but luckily i have brakes, and managed to just barely clip her back fender and really only fell over because i couldn't get my other foot unclipped in time because at that point i was all but stopped, just a little shook. she didn't even notice. haha.

run-on sentence like whoa.

not a serious bloody 36 beer bottle crash like the law has been known to have, but... it makes you be a little more aware when you are in that video game- fly as fast as possible through traffic- mentality. not that that mindset will ever go away. :)

cinnamon. good luck in the races dog.

only fell over because i couldn't get my other foot unclipped in time

must admit this has happened to me once or twice. one time right infront of a school bus full of middle schoolers. they let me have it. kids these days really know how to make a guy feel good about himself!

Guest TEARZ

tell me about it! i hate getting clowned like that.

i'm trying to help you out with this pic, but the link doesn't work and i even tried to find it on their site, with no luck. but trust me, i really want to see the pope's colnago. that's gotta be a serious bike.

night night for now stonecutters.

Originally posted by ohno*rock

must admit this has happened to me once or twice. one time right infront of a school bus full of middle schoolers. they let me have it. kids these days really know how to make a guy feel good about himself!

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAAH

yeah ive had my own falls and they all happen at red lights when everyone is looking at you....go figure

fell over because i couldn't get my other foot unclipped in time because at that point i was all but stopped, just a little shook.

that happened to me yesterday, i just laughed and joked with the people around me and then went around the corner to be in pain

well i did two crits this weekend...they went okay

and i raced mens B.

the first one was on sat. the course was .8 miles. and had 8 turns with one nice hill in it we had to do 25 laps...at first i was all scared b/c it was my first crit and i was not use to taking turns so fast with so many people around me..but after 5 laps i felt fine. i was at the back for most of the start but the hill started to hurt alot of people and i just took one of the laps really hard and got up to the lead pack and road with them the rest of the race..as the race was getting closer and closer to the finish the hill was taking it's toll on lots of riders i just stuck with the pack and by the time we finished the lead pack consisted of 18 riders and the finish was half way up the hill so i was in the back half of the pack and managed to pull a 13th place finish out of 38 starting riders..which i was happy about... first crit didn't crash got some points (points were given to the first 15 finsiher) i think the hill saved me

sunday...the course was .5 miles with 5 turns with a short hill we had to do 40 laps..the rest was flat...i had some confidence going into the race b/c of my finished yesterday but i soon realized that short flat loops are not my thing...i was hoping that the hill would cause most of the riders to drop off...but i guess the hill was not long enough..i think 6 riders droped off the pack and 4 riders broke off the front after 4 riders went down. i just hanged onto the back of the pack for the whole race and i think i finished 25th out of 35 riders. which is a bit disapointing but i guess i learned what kind of crit course is right for me...ones that are a bit longer and have a good size hill..another thing is when i finshed the 2nd race i wasn't tired at all i think i could of raced a bit harder..oh well im still in the learning process..

well nex weekend im going to virginia tech for a 20K time trial and a 55 mile road race with a 3 mile climb in there and the laps are only 11miles long so i get to do 15 miles of climbing i can't wait..it will be my time to show the kids that can go fast on flat roads what racing is about.

Originally posted by Raiser

that happened to me yesterday, i just laughed and joked with the people around me and then went around the corner to be in pain

Last time this happened to me, I had my pedals set so tight that I couldn't get out of them. So, there I lay, in the road...on my back....with a bike still attached to me. I can't even begin to tell you how embarassed I was. After a little inspection I realized it wasn't necessarily the pedals tightness. The cleat on my right foot (typically the first one I unclip) was a little loose.

Great job, Cinnamon. It sounds like you had a good time.

T-minus 20 days until I move. We looked at an apartment this weekend. It was a 2 bedroom and very cool. My lady e-mailed me this morning and said, "in your den (I keep giving her a hard time about turning the 2nd bedroom into a typical man's den, complete with deer heads and bear skin rugs ... see Humane Trophies), between the two closets we could put a rack on the wall for your bikes..." That's right ... she's finally learning that bikes are too important to be stored outside.

Cinnamon... that's awesome!! Keep in mind what you told me time and time again... the season is early. Your wins will come soon enough my friend.

Well, it's been about a month since I've been online due to a recent move (bought a house, now I'm all adult and shit) and a long three week work trip to Orem, Utah. Let me tell ya... if you have 24 hours to live, move there. Because every day is like a fuckin' eternity. So I've been without the web for quite a while. And not surprisingly I got a lot of things done. How weird...

My shoulder has healed from my fall and I've been back on the bike for about a week and half now. Where I live there are weekly races at the car race track and they start tomorrow. So I should be able to get back into shape rather quickly. The weather has been nice on and off so riding has been good. I seem to be okay in all areas except endurance. Which I was having problems with before my fall but now it's as if I don't have any. In due time with trainning I suppose. But even just cruising around on my fixed, to work or to the store has been nice. It's good to be back home and be able to ride. And of course... I missed my Cutters!!

I hope you all are well and it's good to see the thread alive and kicking. I haven't the time right now to sift through the old pages so forgive me if I missed something. And the new CS is out. Cipo is on the cover in his new team kit. There's a great team roster in there with all the new jerserys and bikes and riders. As well as the usual goods. It's a good issue. I thought for sure they would of had some sort of article on VDB getting busted after his new start with Domo but not much was said. Actually, I'm kinda glad they didn't glorify it. Especially since it's all speculation at the moment. I really hope he can get back with Domo before the season gets too far underway. He's a good rider who would surely serve up some goods for the Tour or even the Vuelta. Well, that's my opinion.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by THE LAW

can't get off the bike.

literally or figuratively?

i just had a mental visual of you on a bike all propped up against a desk, typing away on the computer...