bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

wooooow, holy argument batman. i gotta ponder this, are we talking road groupos here or track? gotta clarify bubba.

yo dibs, gman hurt me good. saw the shot of yer arm, fucking oooofahism for sure. hot hot hot.

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

wooooow, holy argument batman. i gotta ponder this, are we talking road groupos here or track? gotta clarify bubba.

yo dibs, gman hurt me good. saw the shot of yer arm, fucking oooofahism for sure. hot hot hot.

hesh, you got some work done by big G? when you heal, send me some flics of it email. yeah i love what he did on my arm, cant wait to start the right side.

as far as components, i think i have voiced my opinion before about shimano vs camagnolo. im a shimano person, it works just as good as campy, is much more readily available and easier to find,the distributors for shimano are much more accesable as far as my experience dealing with has been, it was always hard to get ahold of campy for parts and it always took forever to get them. i think campy is like gucci, you dont get any advanatage by owning it, its expensive and has a deeply rooted history with cycling, but its just a name, its so people can be like, oooo i own such and such bike with full campy record etc etc.im not tryin to dis so dont take this the wrong way campy lovers, it is great stuff, no doubt.

but there are alot of people that have the thought that campy is the law with road components and shimano is a lesser component. as far as feel and all, i think the shimano stuff is more comfortable, particularly the shifters, i like that the shifting on the shimano stuff can be done both above and below the hoods while in the drops, were as the campy stuff has those little thumb shifters to down shift with that you have to be on top of the hoods to access.the shimano stuff you can shift up or down from just about anywhere on the bars.its just more comfortable for me. i do prefer campy track hubs over shimano stuff though, not that i own them, but for servicability and performance, they are great. and you just cant beat the look of the campy record hubs with that big high flange, it sucks too cause for 02 the campy track hubs no longer have high flanges, they went to smaller ones like everyone else. ok thats my 2 cents.

in other news, keep your fingers crossed for me, im applying for the job team mechanic for lomabardi sports,a pro road race team from out of the SF area, its a race mechanic position, and i would

travel with the team to all the national races and wrench on theyre bikes. im kinda getting put on by a friend who is friends with the team manager,if i get the position it would be a great oppurtunity and a dream come true of sorts. i cant say im all that hip to the pro road teams and whatnot but i can build and fix road bikes all day long, and my friend says theyre a pretty good team etc. i know they raced in the SF grand prix. i dont know, im excited and holding my breath.

Guest HESHIANDET

ok so you called me out on why i like campy. it is big baller type shit. its ok, im not hurt. trueon the shimano shifters, but the carbon fiber on the record shit is pimpinnnnnnnnnnn.

if you get that job bro you'll surely be stopping in philly for the first union race. hahaha, your gonna be one hurt mrchanic if that happens.

Hell yeah, DIBS!!!!! I hope you get it. That would be such a fresh job for someone with your skills. Travel and watch races. Well, when you're not working on bikes.

I have Campy on my race bike and Shimano on my winter bike, and I have to go with Campy. Granted, my winter bike has 105 on it so it's nothing to really compare to Campy, but I've riden my coaches bike with Dura-Ace and I still like Campy. I think it's really just the thumb shifters that do it for me. The ease of it. Shift down with the thumb and up with the lever. Whereas on Shimano you shift down with the inside lever and up with the whole lever. Not a big deal, but a preference I guess. Though I agree with Dibs that when it comes right down to it... there's not much difference between Dura-Ace and Record. Just history.

I'll send good vibes your way for this weekend Cinnamon!! Give us a play-by-play report when you get back...

Originally posted by ohno*rock

i wanted matilda to shoot that guy in the face!

tearz.. the kg361 is deffinately just as 'bling' as the 381 i figure when you get that high-end whats the diff. that joint with chorus.......geeeze! i think i'll always stick to steel road frames though. i ride a 84 peugeot right now (103 carbolite steel is not light). nothing special. 105s, 14 speeds, down tube shifters. 27 in back 700 cxp11 in front. its heavy, but once it gets going its pretty fast. it got me from pittburgh to philla in 3 days. i've riden cheep aluminum (raleigh technium, trek 1000, old cannondale cad3), but i've owned all kinds of steel (schwinn caliente tank, panasonic remote not included tank, schwinn worldsport tank, a 70's trek model unknown with 531 butted, a 70's schwinn chicago with 531 model unknown, a 99 peugeot crazy butted success, and raleigh pro late 60's, and grand sport 70' each with 531 and nervex luggs) steels always been way more gravy and practicle for me. carbon and ti seem a bit too tech. i rode on a friend's dean ti for a couple days last year, it wasn't amazing. i'm strait with reynolds 531, but i've been selling the heavier frames for lighter ones recently. the bikes i kiss before bed each night, and when i leave on the peugeot each morning, are a gios compact pro with dedacciai tubes chrome lugs and ultegra, and the ride to die for: a 77' san cristobal waiting for dura ace upgrade that it deserves... my delema with the dura ace, i wonder if its that much different than the ultegras. i rocked tiagra for the longest, and i dont even think there much different than the ultegras, and there just as tuff as 105s. the gios is from 96' and the most up to date ride i've ever sprung for. i think if i ever make real loot and decide to by brand new, it'll be that mondonico foco.................*

damn, onoe.....you all bike and shit now!!! you neglected to mention the threewheeler you delivered pizza on. i think thats the hottest whip you ever pushed. i ride a trek road bike with factory parts and an on the go sticker on the frame. cool?

Guest TEARZ

well campagnolo maintains that dura ace is equivalent to chorus, not record. which is true if you look at weights and everything as well as materials; chorus and dura ace are alloy and titanium while record has that carbon funk. i don't have a ton of experience with both, mostly just with a few specific things and things i know from friends.... but...

campy hubs dominate, hands down. fully servicable, never die, just get better with age.

and the other thing that i feel qualified to say: i have small hands, for me, campy shifters and levers are better.

plus, i'm getting a bike with chorus. haha.

and i'm thinking seriously about getting an ergo-brain. anyone seen this thing? much like the flight deck, except campy.

man, this was a fat and lazy weekend.

ohno, you have some serious bikes man. where are you hiding all of those things?

joker, how's the injury? and dibs, a true fucking race mechanic, aw shit. you're gonna have to be the cutters team mechanic. we need to get a fucking team out there.

Originally posted by TEARZ

dibs, a true fucking race mechanic, aw shit. you're gonna have to be the cutters team mechanic. we need to get a fucking team out there.

i'm tryin not to get my hopes to high yet, i wont start screamin untill the team manager calls me. fingers crossed!

i've never seen an ergobrain personally, but from what i know it is pretty much spot on with a flight deck, wich is a super duper computer. i say go for the brain tearz, and then review it for all of us with a possible 5 star rating.:p while on the subject of computers, who uses a heartrate monitor, i have a polar system a freind gave me but it needs a new chest strap to use it, so presently i dont use one. i'm pretty low tech at training/ridding etc. and seem to do pretty good just listening to my body and its limits, does anyone feel a heartrate monitor has helped them break through a bearier in they're ridding?

Usually, I ride until I'm tired, take a rest, and cruise home at a casual pace. I've never had a need for a heart-rate monitor. Lately though I've been wanting to get one ... mostly because I'm becoming more and more curious about the science of cycling. I think the reason that people are so in to that stuff is that it's hard proof of improvement in performance. You can look at a piece of paper that will tell you, "You're getting faster," or, "You're getting stronger."

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by alkaline

You can look at a piece of paper that will tell you, "You're getting faster," or, "You're getting stronger."

haha i usually go by how shitty i feel after. i should invest.

Guest TEARZ

hmmm. i haven't really used a heart rate monitor. there's a guy around here who just got a power output monitor on his bike. now that's the new science. there has been stuff in cycle sport and velo news the past few months about this. scientifically speaking, the heart rate is a response to your body's work and as such isn't necessarily hard data in the sense that it is a measured RESPONSE not a measured output of work done. heart rate data is best used (for cycling) in conjunction with power data. we're talking pros here. as a tool for general fitness, it can be useful i guess. i too just ride hard really. but what intrigues me about the ergobrain (which i will review for you all), is fact that you can set it to do all kinds of ill things. for instance, you can set a speed, or cadence for that matter, under which you cannot go or else the thing will beep until you resume that speed/cadence rate. or it's useful for intervals, which i find excellent for training, but it's annoying to always check the watch. it'll beep at certain intervals and i think keep record of performance during them. it's little stupid things really, but i could really see them being helpful for training or racing.

got some new tights today. i'm looking good. :)

Guest TEARZ

anyone watching the review of the 2001 tour on OLN? for those that have it, it's basically a replay of all of the stages with commentary from phil, paul and lance armstrong. it runs every night at 7pm est and it's good stuff. i've been watching it right after dinner the past three nights. i think it'll be on for the next three weeks or so at least.

anyone have any favorite riders? i mean lance is just a given... there are a few people i've really grown to check for in the past season or so of watching... first among them: erik dekker

http://www.sports.com/it/images/ciclismo/dekker270801.jpg'>

the dude is fearless, he always attacks and is classy. his interview in cycle sport made me like him more.

for some reason i also really like nico mattan:

http://www.grahamwatson.com/2000/other/images/partour/image4.jpg'>

he rode so well during 2001 paris-roubaix and he just always strong and at the front it seems.

anyone else?

yeah sorry ive had 4 midterms in the last two days so ive been studying like a mad man... yes i watched the tour deal on oln tonight and thought it was pretty cool and i can't wait till they get into the mountain stages.. no racing this weekend for me all my teammates bailed out on me but i may be going to asheville NC for a race next sunday... ahh back home for spring break went up the parkway today.......god i love the mountains

Guest HESHIANDET

riding bikes like woah

hooked up this BEUTIFUL afternoon w/ some old friends and just played on the bikes in the park. no-handed skids and wheelies like woah foe shizzle. wash it down w/ a few coldies, off to california tomorrow....GOD DAMN TODAY FUCKING RULED!!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It was a big weekend for me too. My truck broke down on Thursday. I spent almost all day Friday working on some stickers while it rained. Saturday, I went with the Misses and some friends to Clogged Caps in San Antonio (I got a little sunburned). Sunday, at lunch with my dad and sister, my dad said he would pay for our honeymoon (airfare, hotel, rental car, etc.). This morning, I rode my bike. You should see the smile on my face.

god i road the mountain bike yesterday (for the first time in more then a year) with one of my friends.. shit is hard fell on my ass atleast 10 times.. it was so much harder then i remember but now im all sore and i don't feel like riding today maybe i'll hit up the trainer for an hour or so... hopefully i'll be racing in asheville north carolina this weekend if all goes as planed...this is my spring break week so i plan on doing big miles.

rescued from page 3

went for a very brutal ride yesterday, got bucked off the bike twice. got some bruises, scratches and some bruised rib stuff happening. one of the best rides i've had in a while. i hope everyone is out ridding they're bikes, its been beutiful in my neck of the woods.