bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest NiggerArt
Originally posted by alkaline

Man, what was with that guy? Hate what you don't understand I guess ... fuck it. Bicycles rule!

I don't hate cyclists, I hate posers. So maybe you are exactly correct. I hate what I don't understand.

Now lets get back to talking about who spent the most money on their bike and why that makes them so cool.

And yes, I was blocked, and will most likely will be blocked again. I guess some people would rather keep trying to believe that they aren't jocking and not face the truth. Ignorance is bliss...

PS. Hold it down in here Jew

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

but thing you have to understand is that we're not poser.. shit if someone wants to drop 5grand on a bike and ride it once a week shit that's cool with me atleast the bike industry made made some money. Bikes are the same with cars most likly if you drop alot of money you have a nice if you drop alot of money on a bike it's a damn good bike.

if your not a poser........how many hours a week do you ride your bike?

Baffled

I'm not quite sure what NA's problem is but it seems more like he's out for a rise than trying to make a statement.

Saying that someone is a poser for owning a fixed gear or an exspensive bike, but not being a messenger or a racer is kind of odd if you ask me. It's preference. Same with writing. Some people bomb because they like to bomb more than they like to do pretty shit on a wall. Even if I didn't race I'd probably have a nice bike. That's just my nature. I like my things nice. I like them to look nice. So what if it's "race" quality and I don't race. Don't get silly over something so trivial.

When I first moved to SF years ago I came across a rooftop done by Twist that had a character of a cop eating a donut. And the quote next to it said... "Next time you wanna dis, make this motherfucker #1 on your hit list" I thought it was a great statement then and I still do. For what we do, as artists, it's a very fitting statement.

So, NA... if you get back on here and read this... sport that anger towards the cops. Cyclists, true to you or not, are not your plague. Police on the other hand do more harm than good. So next time you wanna dis...

ok ok

I am not mad at those who race, or those who messenger, I am mad at those who jump on the trend wagon. If I want to make a statement calling attention to the fact that it is suddenly the graffiti uniform to ride a track bike I should be allowed to without being booted from the thread.

Some people have ridden road bikes and track bikes for a long time, others see these people and jump on the nuts. It is so obviously a trend. People that jock the trends are typically known as posers.

All I said was that anybody who has gotten their first track bike in the last 4 years has fallen victem to a big trend in graffiti.

I never said I hated cyclists or that I don't ride a bike as well...

As far as twist and the donut. Twist has has raced bikes as a youth. Ridden his whole life and even a track bike for 6 years or so.

The reason he won't ride a track bike now????

He doesn't want to be confused with all the toy posers on the streets of san francisco.

I have been around and it is the same in most every city. People who had cars, never rode in their life suddenly find it neccesary to have a fixed wheel..

posers..

Here is where I get booted (again) for having an opinion....

isn't free speach the best

It should be pretty obvious that everybody that posts regularly in this thread loves to ride. It does not matter if it's a track bike, road bike, mountain bike, 'cross bike, freeride, BMX, unicycles, or whatever. You come in here talking shit, but you don't know any of us. I don't want to fight with you about this ... that's not what this is about. You have a right to your opinion, but before you judge anybody, maybe you should talk to us. It's clear that you have a passion for bikes, so why not share with the rest of the class.

yes all well said... i hear where you are coming from NA ive only been in richmond va for 6-8 month i have seen a huge growth in track bikes and low level trek road bikes......yeah in some respects they may be "posers" but in the mid nighties and even now skateboarding has become huge, kids picking up skateboards all the time yeah they are called posers but some of those kids can skate better then me now... all of these graff kids/hardcore kids picking up a track bikes can't do any harm it's good. cycling needs to be promoted. I got my first fixed gear 2 months ago, im a cyclist i ride it to work on my peddle stroke and it's just fun to cruse around town on. Everyone needs to start sometime.

if you read some of the shit on here you would realize why I come on this thread talking shit. A graffiti forum is not the best place to talk about bicycles.

Yes I do ride bikes. Some of my bikes might be considered nice. Who cares. I got my 1st job wrenching @ 10 years old in the local bike shop. My father owns sicker bikes than most all of you on this thread. Bikes are a signifcant part of my life. but come on, what the fuck does that matter?

Its all material stuff like cars and gold teeth (gold teeth being another bullshit graff trend). None of it makes you a better graff writer. Nobody can deny the trendiness..

Yes dondi, sent, and zephyr have all wridden fixed. Not exaxctly the coolest thing to be on a bike at the time. None the less They wore spandex too. Not with baggy shorts on top but the real. Now everyone tries to pretend that they are punk on their track bikes with their spiked belt and some other fake bike gear. The track bike has been margianalized to a fashion accesory.

Sort of like how punk is now the graffiti fashion though some writers have repped it all along. Now everyone tries to be down. See what I am talking about??

The mainstreaming of anything (track bikes in this case) ruins it for those who rocked it when it was previously unexeptable. What once belonged to the few, is now incorporated by the masses.

I guess I am an old man whining about "back in the day" but jesus christ. What used to be like 5 people in each city is now around 100.

oh,

and to Heshiandet:

booting me for speaking my mind is bullshit. Grow a spine and take the criticism. Don't just block those who have a different opinion. I have had to get 3 new names just to say what I want. Censorship isn't cool. Maybe you should go buff some graffiti while your at it.

I want my name back

Nigger Art 2002-eternal

ha

Guest HESHIANDET

i told you why you were banned. it wasn't just what you said in here, you blew onto this entire forum w/ a huge chip on your shoulder. i told you why and im glad you came back to clarify your arguument in a civilized manner. and i hope you can become a productive member of the forum. i am he last person to be a "censor", tht point is mute.

as far as your argument of the trendiness of track nikes and fixed gears, i cansee your point. i think its a load of crap and negative twords the cycling world, but its your opinion. if someones a "poser" let em be, passing judgement is just as bad as censorship.

"Its all material stuff like cars and gold teeth (gold teeth being another bullshit graff trend). None of it makes you a better graff writer. Nobody can deny the trendiness.. "

i admit im not good at graff. i don't really try or dedicate all my time to graff im not a "toy" as you call it but no where in this forem do we speak of graffiti. Joker has made comments and related it to bike racing see the thing is you don't know my past.... my dad is a well respected cyclist has won so many stuff i don't even know where to begin know (and he owns sick bikes, if you want to brag about who's dad has better bikes) all i know is at the age of 6 my dad use to ride me around on his handle bars after races... i don't ride a bike to be cool it's a way of life for me... if you look back somewhere on this thread most of wrote about why we ride...what we get out of it. read that to better understand us.... im only 19 years old i have a life ahead of me on my bike.

Hmmmmmmm...

I didn't mention Twist so he could be used as a reference to cycling. Wether he's a cyclist or not. I mentioned him, and his long gone rooftop, to point out that your opinions towards "Posers" is simply that... an opinion. And your negative energy could be used in better ways. Exerting that energy towards things that really stand in your way (i.e. cops, security officers, store clerks, heros...) seems more significant. You see what I mean?

Even if fixed gear rides have become a writer "staple"... so be it. This too shall soon pass. Personally, I'd rather see a guy on a bike than a guy in a car. I don't care if he's a toy and his bike is ten minutes old. Studded belt and all. Black dickies cut short. Zoic bag. Gold fronts. Chain wallet. All black shell-toes. Yeah... we got 'em here too.

i'm sorry man, but it's bullshit. don't bust out on here with beef for all of us. we're not your problem. save the drama for you mama.

this thread has no relation to graffiti other than where it's housed. this is obviously one place where we don't want to talk about it, or complain about toys or shit paint or whatever. "posers." such a shitty term. reminds me of the jr high skate arguments over 12 years ago. who cares who's a poser? there's a thousand hip hop cliches that deal with this idea. "if you're for real then you know the deal," so just do your thing and know you're the man. subscribe to the "suckers won't last a minute" theory. they'll all fall off at least a little. those who love to ride will stick with it and the stylists will see that driving is easier and doesn't fuck up their outfit. sorry your club got blown up. everyone's got a story. you can have your title as "the realist" because i don't need the shit. i barely even write anymore, i live in a rural area now, grown up with a "real" job, started racing cat5 and ride a track bike to commute and work on the spin. i check this board mostly for this thread. i love riding bikes and ride everyday. i'm learning. i guess i'm obviously a fake ass buster becuase i bought a track bike in 2001.

one of the things that we all love about this thread is the obvious shared love for cycling and cyclists. i love the fact that i can ask people who have been riding longer than me a question on this thread and get an answer without worrying if dudes think i'm a "poser" or some other bullshit. one of the reasons why i cherish this thread is the love.

i'd love it if you could quell the hostility and tell us why you love riding instead of why you hate us and "the scene" we're supposedly all a part of. otherwise, we were doing alright without you.

I AM TIRED OF THIS BULLSHIT

I am tired of this bullshit...I work with a lot of writers that happen to be messengers and I am also friends with a bunch of writers that aren't messengers...so I get the shit of everything. Messengers call writers trendy for using track bikes. And writers call everyone else on a track bike trendy as well. I admit it is a trend. Fuck it...so what? I have a track bike. So what? I must be trendy. I've had junk bikes to top of the line Italian beauties. I ride a track bike for reason #1: its fast. #2: lightweight. #3: Not many components to break. and lastly, #4: Do not have to worry about adjusting brakes or busting derailers. What do you expect?? It's bound to become a trend. Everyone owns a nice road bike or a fixed gear of some sort and a shitty messenger bag. Its not a good sign obviously if Old Navy has mass produced "Messenger Pants" during the summer and messenger bags to go with the whole outfit. I'm pretty sure a few cyclists enjoy riding a track bike for the same reasons I am. I have a solution...If you see someone riding an expensive bike, and they don't know how to properly use it, let them learn the hard way; let them eat shit. If someone has a fancy bike and can ride it, respect them. Not everyone can do everything. We can bitch and complain all we want that people are starting to ride track bikes, but everyone is going to catch on to it. Just like punk rock and how it's cool to sport a studded belt and have a messenger bag although they are pedestrians.

whoa this guys mad at the world. sounds like hes a blue benz drivin frat boy whos girl just dumped him for a cutter. never seen a track bike in pittsburgh, so if anyone wants to roll through on one then come back 5 years later and hate on everyone for jumping on the wagun fell free. i'll take a picture of you, monster truck, studded belt gold teeth, and all, so we'll have proof that you were the first!

sounds like you had a great race joker! i hope the guy with the flat got a sti in the rear! who's racing next? mr. toast crunch? whens your season start?

Guest THE LAW

hahaha....

homeboy's whining that other people who write their name on things ride the same kind of bike as him!!!!!!!!!

does anyone else find this utterly pathetic?

christ, get some perspective and get over it.

now let's get back to the problem of balancing that 30 pack on the handlebars.

hmmmmmm...what a conundrum.

Guest emothug
Originally posted by Art Nigger

if you read some of the shit on here you would realize why I come on this thread talking shit. A graffiti forum is not the best place to talk about bicycles.

Yes I do ride bikes. Some of my bikes might be considered nice. Who cares. I got my 1st job wrenching @ 10 years old in the local bike shop. My father owns sicker bikes than most all of you on this thread. Bikes are a signifcant part of my life. but come on, what the fuck does that matter?

Its all material stuff like cars and gold teeth (gold teeth being another bullshit graff trend). None of it makes you a better graff writer. Nobody can deny the trendiness..

Yes dondi, sent, and zephyr have all wridden fixed. Not exaxctly the coolest thing to be on a bike at the time. None the less They wore spandex too. Not with baggy shorts on top but the real. Now everyone tries to pretend that they are punk on their track bikes with their spiked belt and some other fake bike gear. The track bike has been margianalized to a fashion accesory.

Sort of like how punk is now the graffiti fashion though some writers have repped it all along. Now everyone tries to be down. See what I am talking about??Ditto on the last statement...

The mainstreaming of anything (track bikes in this case) ruins it for those who rocked it when it was previously unexeptable. What once belonged to the few, is now incorporated by the masses.

I guess I am an old man whining about "back in the day" but jesus christ. What used to be like 5 people in each city is now around 100.

Guest emothug
Originally posted by Art Nigger

Sort of like how punk is now the graffiti fashion though some writers have repped it all along. Now everyone tries to be down. See what I am talking about??Ditto on the last statement...