bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

So the other night I was sitting around watching Breaking Away (on DVD ... I also just got American Flyers on DVD and Quicksilver on VHS) when suddenly there was a loud hissing noise. At first we couldn't figure out what it was. Then my roomate pointed out that the front tire of my bike was deflating (my bike is in the living room). The valve had ripped away from the body of the tube, and I can't figure out how. It was really weird, because I haven't riden in a few days. I think she's trying to tell me something.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the cyclocross worlds where over the weekend if you want to check out results go to www.cyclocrossworld.com it's a good site check out the pics here are some of my dream bikes

http://www.cyclocrossworld.com/riders/riders_images/timsbike3.jpg'>

tim johnson's 2002 lemond

http://www.cyclocrossworld.com/riders/riders_images/DSCN9647.JPG'>

Sven Nys Colnago Cross

Emily Thorne's Empella Bonfire

http://www.cyclocrossworld.com/riders/riders_images/DSC00596.jpg'>

one day i'll be the top cross rider

hey guys!!

hey guys!! i hope you sont hate me for not posting so much. i'm so sorry. anyways, i just got on my new (well not brand spanking new) road converted fixed gear after like 6 months of retirement. man, i couldnt walk for like 4 days. i felt like a complete retard after that!! but i am on the bike once again and this time, no front breaks! yay for me. but i got some flicks. they are not the best flicks thats for sure, but i thought i would post them later on anyways. so be on the look out.

alkaline...i think your bike just gave up on you! better take care of her!

those lemonds are lookin sweet. must be nice to be on a team that rolls from race to race with 4-5 of those babies riddin on the roof rack.

is that balto cyclo-cross race this weekend on oln, or was that last weekend?

my bicycle collection is nearing its completion. i started selling art to old hipster wierdos, to help pay for school, but all the money has gone into the bikes. i've widdled my collection down from 10 to 5. i'm a dura - ace upgrade kit away from finishing my road bikes up, and a new front shok away from a good mtn set up. of course 5 bikes wont be enough. i still have my eye on an exclusive and classy carlton touring bike for those long hauls. after that i'll probably want a tandem, then a unicycle, oh then after that i'll definatly have to pick up one of those old time bikes with the huge wooden wheel in front and the little one in back. what were those called? people used to fall off of them all the time and crack their heads.

Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

... i did a solid 3 and a half hours 65 mile ride today felt really good...

I second that. Saturday was a little more than 50 miles and Sunday was suppose to be 40 miles but a few ego-maniacs on my ride couldn't stop at that so we ended up finishing at 70. This week will be a tapering down week for me. Nothing more than 30. Then Sunday is the race... ohhhh, the horror.

Did you watch that Cyclo-cross on OLN? I missed it due to riding.

the oln coverage was cool. that guy todd jones (?) maybe or james or something; anyway, the guy that bunnyhops the barriers was pretty cool. it was nice too see, but it was only 1/2 hour long.

i also watched the road to paris video this weekend. it was really good actually. the funniest part by far, was in the bonus footage, when lance's mechanic stops into the store and buys like 4 candy bars and johann says to lance, "he's on the ulrich diet." haha.

i have a new bike that i think i want now.

http://www.hewittcycles.co.uk/complete_cycles/e_merckx/emfugabike/emfugabike.jpg'>

I shaved my legs a couple of times. The second time was possibly the most excrtiating pain I have ever been in. I didn't sleep for two days, and I couldn't wear pants. I just sat around the house in my underwear. I've been meaning to try that Epil-stop spray stuff. I heard it works good, and since I liked no having hair on my legs ...

goddamn it i want a racing bike now. the de rosa's gonna be a project and it can't really be an everyday training bike anyways. shit. i want to win a raffle for that merckx. with ksyriums please. and campy record.

anyone use an electric razor?

i shave my face twice a week and BLEED like a mofaga. i hate it. i'm doing the legs come spring, but i've got to figure out another method besides the razor or i'll die of blood loss.

Guys... I'm telling you...

I'm quite hairy when it comes to the legs. And I have no problems at all when it comes to shaving. Here's my method...

Hook yourself up with a nice hot bath. Don't have that kind of time?... steamy shower. Buy a few bars of Cetaphil soap. It will work wonders for your skin and keep it silky smooth. Ask any woman. If you're in the bath, chill out for a few minutes and enjoy the heat on your muscles. Read the latest issue of Cycle Sport and have some tea. After about ten minutes or so lather that leg up with some soap. Grab the Gilette Mach III and work that hair away. With your legs soaking in the hot water for ten minutes, it's loosened up your pores and softened the hair. Making shaving it away that much easier. In the shower, basically do the same thing. Steamy and give the hairs time to soften. When you hop out of the shower/ bath lube those legs up with some aloe or some kind of healing lotion. Then you're set to wow the ladies...

Well, that's what works for me. Of course, that first time my wife walked in on me shaving my legs in the tub... with bubbles... she had questions.

Cinnamon, yeah I keep telling myself to take it easy. Today was only 15 miles. Mostly because it's really windy out but also because I don't want to overtrain for the first race. I'll be sure to post a play by play story Sunday night...

oh man, i'm excited for joker's play by play. better give it to me phil ligget style homey. :)

take it easy too. you don't want to be the guy that peaks in february and is burnt by june. anyone got any science on merckx frames? i've heard wildly good things about them, and i want one terribly. plus domo rides them, and those are bad men fo shizzle. i wouldn't mind getting that domo bike as a matter of fact.

argh. i'm looking at the loot and i don't see how this bike is gonna come together without use of the "tarjeta de credito." haha, i know i'm making a deal with the devil, but i'm not sure if i care. it could be worth it. :confused: