bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

YEAH HESH! summer fun, i hope you make it out here, i also hope you make the internship, but get out here just the same. its only febuary and i've already got a bunch of people linning up to visit, its dibsy's west coast vacation resort and watering hole.COME ON CUTTERS, i got an in at a winery now, my girlfriends, brothers best friend is a wine maker at a winery in sonoma, we were up there a month ago drinking wine right out of huge steel containers and running around the storage caves drinking out of barrels. stonecutters wine tour aint dead yet! even if its only a couple of us, we drink for all of us!

on a different note, ive only got a few days left at my job, ive been saying good buy to all my regular service customers, people ive sorta become friends with in a way, its really bumming me out that because my employer is such a dickhead i have to sever ties with these nice people, some will follow me in leaving and still come to me for repair service at home or the next shop i go to, i wish it didnt have to be this way, prides a bitch.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

man, you guys are some skinny motherfuckers. hesh, you've been claiming fat, what are you pushing? dibs is a string bean for sure. he's gotta be at 6'5. willy is a waif for sure too.

what the fuck. snowing. woohoo, trainer night.

Originally posted by Joker

Does anyone know anything about Abici frames? My team just got a sponsorship deal through them and I can get a frame and fork set for real cheap.

never heard of them before now, but just from checking out the websight they seem like very pro framesets (or drawings of pro framesets). expensive as hell, but what kind of deal do you get? i imagine that anything with a carbon rear triangle would be comfy and light but not comfy enough for the 12 to 14 hundred asking prices. anybody ever ride anything with carbon seat stays? if they hook up a good deal, seems like a nice opportunity to snag an exclusive ride. looks like you can choose the paint scheme, and theres a 5 year replacement warranty that seems to reflect confidence in there product. Dr. Turbo's pretty hot too! i think i caught a glimpse of her camel toe.

whats up with the trek? did it get mangled in that last crash? if you ever go threadless or switch components from the trek, i'm tryin to buy or trade something for that deda murex stem.

oh yeah, i'm on team super skinny as well, 6'1" 154 (same since about 97') what i lack in bulging mussles, i make up for in mastery of u-lock kung-fu. latest victem (only victem really) 13 staples in the dome piece (he carries the staples in his wallet as a souvenir hehe). anyways, my diet consists of kix cerial, pasta, cucumbers and pabst. a bit wierd, but ecinomical. i always manage to get a couple boxes of morning star veg/chicken patties in my jacket before the checkout line too; those go great chopped up with the cucumbers in the pasta. i think the secret to a good diet is being consistent with your healthy, or semi-healthy food choices. i read in an interview with this 100plus-year old dood, that his secret to a long life was normal exersize (farm work), a consistant diet and no hambergers. i think it shows in the consistancy of your craps. i crap at the same time every day, and if i miss one, or my shits too hard or juicy, i probably ate something i shouldn't have. (hows that for some 12oz shit talk :) ) i try to keep my piss clear too, so i drink even more water, than i do pabst. those odwalla protein drinks are pretty good too. if you happen to pedal by a baggle shop frequently, they're usually in a cooler near the ordering line. you can pocket one of those while in line (a savings of 2.79 for my fellow bargin hunters) then purchace a 40 cent baggle of your choice and be on your way, perfect mid day snack. be warned however, more than one a day = juicy crap.

Originally posted by alkaline

I read an article once about a guy who bought one of those delivery trucks (like the ones FedEx drives) and built a bike shop in the back of it. He would travel around making house calls to all of his customers. How cool would that be? I'm just thinking out loud.

yeah i just bought a pretty nice park tool set, everything i need really, im gonna try doing the traveling mechanic thing for a while, just in my area of course, and some repairs out of my garage, got my fingers crossed.

and tearz you hit on the hieght, 6'5",160lbs. that is string bean.

Guest HESHIANDET

ok, im coming in at a whopping 194lbs at 6'2". not horrible by any means, im just getting a gut. my legs are as jacked as they've ever been. i never get huge calfs though. my thighs are works of art...hahaha wtf am i saying, whatever though, cyclists are concious about their legs. anyways, my diest is going good so far, now i jus need a new bike to help me train.

i don't think i'd ever buy a cannondale mtn bike, but how about they're road bikes? ive never known anybody whos had one. the reason im asking is this http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?V...indexURL=0&rd=1

im giving it some serious consideration, maybe because im a dura ace hound. what cha guys think?

hesh,

i was very skeptical about cannondales, but practically everyone i've talked to that has or has ridden a caad 4 or 5 has raved about them. to an extent really, that it's silly. at my lbs, everyone loves them, and i'm actually considering getting the saeco caad 5 joint with some campagnolo proton wheels- i got offered a really nice deal. some complain about the harsh aluminum ride, but with dura ace and a carbon fork, that thing will FLY and at least be comfy up front. joker would probably know better than me, but i've even talked with this dude who is a straight up snob that has only ridden pinarellos, de rosas and colnagos for years (and currently rides a c-40 as his main bitch) and he siad that he used to hate cannondales, but now he has to give it up for them and wants to buy the caad 7.

i've actually looked into them a lot lately. i'm between the caad 5, a look and the pinarello right now. i'd check out the caad 4. things to look for: carbon fork, hourglass seatstays, integrated headset... i'll checkout that link again in a minute, i just scanned it.

ohno skinny too. looks like i'm the ulrich of the group. :(

more diet. more miles. grrr.

that cannondale seems like a lagit discount on a nice bike. i like the cxp30's laced to dura ace hubs. seems very clean and light weight. im not a fan of over sized tubes on any bikes, but it seems to be working well for cannondale. there probably one of the most popular brands in the US, so they must be doing something right. the dura ace does make it more inticing. plus anything thats good enough for gilberto simoni, is good enough for me. i'm looking forward to his defence of the giro title this year, as well as his tour. i don't believe team lampre was entered in last years tour?

tearz, have you gotten a peak at that Look kg381? that shit is strait lamborgini. black with white lettering...blay zing

what look where you lookin at?

(edited out love of material bicycle possesions comment)

Guest HESHIANDET

see now that i've givin that bike serious consideration and uped my price range im confronted w/ a huge dilema. i know i can run out to the nearest super mega bike mart and grab an ultegra lemaond (whatever model???i dunno) for a little less. hmmmmmmmm spankin new or dura ace slightly used????? truth be told you could put sora under my ass and i wouldn't know the difference..maybe. ;)

Fuck you skinny little bitches...

5' 8" - 170lbs. Yeah... who's fat? Who's the Ullrich, now? Don't mess with this grandpa... I'll outsprint you all! And then grasp for air like a dying camel.

Hesh... I ride a Cannondale400 for my rain bike. Cheap as shit and at times I think it handles just as nicee as my carbon Trek. The CAAD4's are real nice. I've riden one before and it handled beautifully. And with Dura Ace... that price is a steal. I'd just hit the buy it now button and call it a day.

Dibs... sorry to hear about the job situation. Can you get work at another shop?

ohno, the look that i can get a deal on is the kg 361. the 381 is out of my bling range right now, although the thing looks ridiculous. i must say that the 361 that is in the shop looks incredible too. it's white with black lugs and has all black wheels and chorus gruppo. oooh goddamn it looks good. class. what are you riding these days?

hesh. you heard what joker said. push the buy button and call it a day. :)

if only it were that simple.

gotta go to work. smell you guys later for the next installment. BIKESBIKESBIKESBIKES!!! in my head all day long....

Guest HESHIANDET

something about it not being new is stopping me. im going to the shop and gonna see if i can score a last years lemond for closer to a grand. if not, that thing is mine..

Re: Fuck you skinny little bitches...

Originally posted by Joker

Dibs... sorry to hear about the job situation. Can you get work at another shop?

i dont sweat the job so much, i am looking at other shops and have some good offers to start in a couple weeks, what i really miss is the customers/friends i've made there. life goes on.

man untill now i have tried to keep out of the "new bike" talk, but damnit, the weather is so nice right now and i am missing my road bike more than ever, i NEED a road bike. cant afford one now. when i was still at the bike shop i was just gonna get a 02 lemond zurich, it was cheap, pretty, full ultegra and most improtant to me steal. now that i'm leaving the shop, i am looking to get something a little different, in my area, alot of people have zurich's, rightfully so, its a great bike for the price, hesh if you can get an 01 cheap, go for it! i rode a lemond for 5 months as a loaner, and i loved it. now im shopping around for a smaller company, and i am even starting to look at bikes that are not steal, specialized makes a nice aluminum road bike with compact frames, the festina model is a sweet bike, and the new shop i may start at soon is a specialized dealer. also there are alot of frame builders here in the bay, most notabaly zinn who specializes in making frames for tall people:) out of steal, jericho of mtn bike frame fame recently started making steal road frames as well, and in SF, sysip makes a really nice bike also, it will be a while before i can buy a bike so i,ve got time to really look and decide on the right one, i'd love a euro frame if could get a deal on one. i dont really need dura ace or the price tag that goes with it, ultegra is more than great for my needs. shopping around untill i get enough money saved to get what i want. i'll be on the trail untill further notice.

Guest HESHIANDET

well thats some clown shit then.

anways, i can't make myself hit the damn "buy it now" button. WHY!!!! i want the bike soo bad, fuck! i just rode 10 miles into the screaming wind, it felt like 20 or 30. im sore now.

i wanted matilda to shoot that guy in the face!

tearz.. the kg361 is deffinately just as 'bling' as the 381 i figure when you get that high-end whats the diff. that joint with chorus.......geeeze! i think i'll always stick to steel road frames though. i ride a 84 peugeot right now (103 carbolite steel is not light). nothing special. 105s, 14 speeds, down tube shifters. 27 in back 700 cxp11 in front. its heavy, but once it gets going its pretty fast. it got me from pittburgh to philla in 3 days. i've riden cheep aluminum (raleigh technium, trek 1000, old cannondale cad3), but i've owned all kinds of steel (schwinn caliente tank, panasonic remote not included tank, schwinn worldsport tank, a 70's trek model unknown with 531 butted, a 70's schwinn chicago with 531 model unknown, a 99 peugeot crazy butted success, and raleigh pro late 60's, and grand sport 70' each with 531 and nervex luggs) steels always been way more gravy and practicle for me. carbon and ti seem a bit too tech. i rode on a friend's dean ti for a couple days last year, it wasn't amazing. i'm strait with reynolds 531, but i've been selling the heavier frames for lighter ones recently. the bikes i kiss before bed each night, and when i leave on the peugeot each morning, are a gios compact pro with dedacciai tubes chrome lugs and ultegra, and the ride to die for: a 77' san cristobal waiting for dura ace upgrade that it deserves... my delema with the dura ace, i wonder if its that much different than the ultegras. i rocked tiagra for the longest, and i dont even think there much different than the ultegras, and there just as tuff as 105s. the gios is from 96' and the most up to date ride i've ever sprung for. i think if i ever make real loot and decide to by brand new, it'll be that mondonico foco.................*

6'0" = 135-150 i fluctuate like crazy. i fucked my metabolism wrestling in high school where as a senior i was 6 feet 119 pounds i was a skinny prick and now i eat and it shows up.... then its gone.

my thighs are striated like hell and i love it. its part of the reason i ride my bike is to flex em and look down while my fat ass is online.

and as for what my "specialty" joker says sprints he didnt say how long he likes em... i freak it in the one block alleycats i mean i freak it... anything longer and my skinny legs are limp spaghetti. i have the peak performance endurance of a fucking asthmatic goat. though my peak is pretty high from what i hear so if i am just under peak i'm still pacing pretty hard...

here it is the one that matters how hards your horse working, resting beats per minute: 42 no coffee after twomochas and a chai im around 55-60

Guest HESHIANDET

talked to my shop back home, last years alp de huerz w/ 105. 1G. imnot sure if im sold, its brandy new, and a hook up price. sooooo hmmm?

this is jan's diet taken from a euro fan sight. you can kind of make most of it out. theres something in there about cyclist sauce?

ä Les plaisirs de la table sont la grande faiblesse du sportif. Jan Ullrich apprécie spécialement le chocolat, les gâteaux, les treats de hostess, les sucreries, les bananes. Il aime aussi les galettes de pomme de terre et un plat à base de hareng que sa maman accompagne d'une sauce baptisée "sauce cycliste" , et une due tre bon bons, par le petit Jan qui se passionnait déjà enfant pour le vélo. En outre, le cycliste a un faible pour la cuisine italienne, particulièrement les spaghetti carbonara. Côté boisson, Jan savoure volontiers du bon vin. D'ailleurs, il se passionne pour les grands crus et s'est même fait aménager une cave dans sa maison. Enfin, Jan a ses habitudes dans un restaurant de poissons de Umkirchen (pas loin de Merdingen).

this link was also on his page. no joke

http://www.twinkies.com/static/whoiscaptain_02.asp

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

talked to my shop back home, last years alp de huerz w/ 105. 1G. imnot sure if im sold, its brandy new, and a hook up price. sooooo hmmm?

hesh, dont do the alp de huez. this years ADH retails for 1329.99 and its not all its cracked up to be, try to get a deal on a buenos aires if you can, a BA for around 1000 from 01 would be a deal, and then youl get nearly a full ultegra bike. just my 2 cents:idea:

Originally posted by ardenchapman

hey DIBS,

i didn't realize you were in the bay area, you could check out that gt frame in person if you wanted... :king:

im pretty sure a 58 will be to small, i ride anywhere from a 60cm to a 62cm road bike, 60 on the small side. but i may be able to help you unload it, ill ask a couple guys at work if theyre interested. email me sometime.

About the Cutter's Ride

whoever can make can make it. i know that whoever can make it, you are welcome to stay with us and i'll be cooking some breakfast for you. i would love if everyone can actually meet up and ride out here. it would be fun, but i do understand that people have other plans. i'm just saying it would be fun.

on another note...since you guys are talking about heights and shit...i'm 4'11-5'0 and 110 pounds. this is why its so hard for me to find a good sized bike.:D