bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

First Race Back

I've been off my bike for damn near three months after seperating my shoulder. This weekend I went ahead and did my first race of the year. I've never been so thrilled about placing right smack in the middle. I was afraid I'd end up DFL or NDFL.

Time to go play in traffic...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm racing Cat 5 on the road and sport class on the dirt side. I figure I'll cat up after I get a couple more road races under my belt. I probably have enough pts through my placing in cross, but I'm just not quite ready. My goal this year is to try and get enough pts to cat up to 3's by the end of this year or the beginning of next year. Also want to move up to Expert next year. I've been talking to some guys about getting on a fixed gear mtb race team. Crazy fuckers.

Guest emothug

yea dude.... i was not trying to come off as a fucker but, i just get hella pissed at rookie couries who jump on the scene and are all " yo im a courier fuck yea!! " and have not put there time in, get what im saying?so......i guess i jumped the gun.......fug it........

-emo thug..(crys)

Originally posted by SteveAustin

I'm racing Cat 5 on the road and sport class on the dirt side. I figure I'll cat up after I get a couple more road races under my belt. I probably have enough pts through my placing in cross, but I'm just not quite ready. My goal this year is to try and get enough pts to cat up to 3's by the end of this year or the beginning of next year. Also want to move up to Expert next year. I've been talking to some guys about getting on a fixed gear mtb race team. Crazy fuckers.

that's cool

but the cat 5 races ive done have been scary as shit with riders all over the roads, crashes. i hope you can make it through the season with out having some first time racer take you out

fixed gear mountain biking..holly damn...cross is about as extream as i get

Now that you mention that, I remember someone else saying the same exact thing. I might have to move up quicker just because. Supposedly I can move up based on my mountain results alone. Gonna have to find out.

The mountain fixies are insane fast. Almost as fast as gears. I think the only thing that slows them down is the crash factor.

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by emothug

yea dude.... i was not trying to come off as a fucker but, i just get hella pissed at rookie couries who jump on the scene and are all " yo im a courier fuck yea!! " and have not put there time in, get what im saying?so......i guess i jumped the gun.......fug it........

-emo thug..(crys)

yeah man, i knew what you were saying from the start. i like to ride bikes, to get paid is a bonus. scenes are beat. saul good

Guest TEARZ

yeah, so the new bike is ready. pics soon. trouble is, i'm still about a cool g short of paying for it. hahaha. i thought i was going to be able to race this weekend. :(

damn financial woes. it'll be mine in a few weeks. until then, i'll be training and waking up with sore knees. ohno, i think we need some pictures of your fleet if at all possible. i can't help but be interested.

Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

i did 60 miles too....but not a fixed gear

I busted 50 miles out on an absolutely gorgeous day. Thought about how I need to get the fixed road rollin the whole time. One of the things stallin me is the frame I wanted to use (old French Jeunet). The rear seat stays are so thin (think pencil) where they weld into the drops that I'm afraid I'm gonna break them. Anyone have any knowledge about this frame or anyone breaking frames on fixies?

Guest TEARZ

we should start a 12oz biking team..im sure we would have the best damn jerseys around.. or we could make them have them screenprinted just to wear while riding..sorry im just bored

i'm with you man. that would be hot to def....

http://www.bikeshow.com/images/bikeshow_logo2002b.gif'>

Los Angeles Bike Show

LOS ANGELES CONVENTION CENTER

SOUTH HALL

1201 S. Figueroa St.-

Los Angeles (213) 741-1151

Convention Center Parking $7

From LAX:

Take the 405 Freeway North to the 10 Freeway East.

From the 110 Fwy and the 10 Fwy:

Exit Pico Blvd and follow the signs.

Friday, April 5

Noon - 7:00 pm

Saturday, April 6

10:00 - 6:00 pm

Sunday, April 7

10:00 - 5:00 pm

Tickets will be available on-site at the Convention Center Box Office during show hours.

Adults (13 and over) $8

Children (6-12) $4

Children under 5 : Free

$1 discount coupons will be available at your local bike shop, health club and other retail outlets. Also look for the discount coupons in our advertising.

For more specific information about directions, parking and public transportation options:

http://www.lacclink.com/general_directions.htm

Free Valet Bicycle parking will be available on Saturday & Sunday.The entrance is on the Figueroa Street side of the South Hall.

if someone wants to draw some shit up I can prep it. I've actually designed a couple jerseys already...its a side business. :D

my ride last night got cut a little short. I rode out to some spots and noticed some new shit. I just stood there in awe. fucked up my ride, but it was worth it.

Originally posted by Raiser

where can i get one of them aluminum box's(sorta like folders) couriers always have? what are they called.....?

im so tired and out of shape

not sure what youre talking about...you mean the baskits or those things that are above your back wheel that connect to your seat post...but what ever it is im sure any local bike shop can hook you up

not sure what youre talking about...you mean the baskits or those things that are above your back wheel that connect to your seat post...but what ever it is im sure any local bike shop can hook you up

sorry, i did a terrible job describing that.

its like an aluminum memo book. you keep your days receipts in it.

thanks though.