bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

vinyl junkie, as long as you have a frame that can mount a rack and panniers(a old road bike etc.) i dont think most track frames will have many places to put a rack. but my fixie is an old converted road bike and i dont see why i couldn't put panniers on it. its just more wieght to stop with your legs though, i may opt for the hand brakes with the added weight. but ive never tried it.

and bl4ckh4m, better believe if i had an old schwinn cruiser, i'd be out ridding it. dyno made these cool one speed cruisers that were all vintage styled, there were some at the shop i worked for. i wanted one so bad, everyday i'd ride one to lunch, it was so pimp. the way it turned, it just soared thru corners, big old balloon tires. i just couldn't get up the money to buy it before i left the shop.

Guest TEARZ

been commuting on the fixed gear, 4 days this week, 3 last. my legs and lungs are getting stronger, especially with that 1 mile climb i have. my quads be straight burning by the end, where it gets steepest. then i drop like a rock off the other side of the hill, legs flailing out of control, several hundred feet down.

yesterday i had i nice interaction with my local rednecks who tried to runn me off the road in their pickup and then stopped to yell out the window, "nice spandex faggit!" i love dudes like those. they my peoples.

i put down deposit on the cannondale caad 5 with chorus. not the most exciting, i know, but certainly bang for the buck (kind of, if you consider how many 'bucks' this joint will cost). dudes around here call the cannondales "camaros." haha, in contrast to the looks, pinarellos and the others which are audis, BMWs and the like.

but yeah, bikes are good.

hesh, i thought you might of been in the bay, oops. i've still never been to tahoe. gotta get there this summer to do some ridding. started at a new bike shop today, i hate that akward new job feeling. i also hate working for 2 weeks on a trial basis for very little money. but they do got some nice bikes and some nice deals, just got to get used to new surroundings. the race job looks like it wont come through, i think the guy who was gonna "get me in" was just blowin smoke up my ass to get me to stay at the old shop. shucks. way to go on the cannondale, i mean, camaro, tearz!

Originally posted by DIBS

who uses a heartrate monitor, i have a polar system a freind gave me but it needs a new chest strap to use it, so presently i dont use one. i'm pretty low tech at training/ridding etc. and seem to do pretty good just listening to my body and its limits, does anyone feel a heartrate monitor has helped them break through a bearier in they're ridding?

Just now came across this thread. I used a heart rate monitor pretty religously a couple years ago. I also did most of my training indoors on a stationary. I'd like to get back to using the monitor. When I started using it I was cutting my places in half each race. I think I tend to space off every now and then, so having the monitor lets me know when I'm spacin. Using the stationary really helped my spinning, but it is so god awful boring.

For those of you in the midwest that are in to dirt check this out:

http://www.slimenundgrossen.com/racingnews.htm

Look under the sub head Its a race. Click the "underground". I have it on good authority that the Minneapolis Mafia is going to be there en force. I've heard talk of other "celebrities" showing up for the other stuff the same weekend, but not too sure.

TODAY SUCKED!!!!!! ahh it'a 40 degrees and raining i went for a ride i felt good riding but didn't wear the booties and my feet were freezing the whole time and i only got an hour and 20 min.

steve yes i find the heart rate monitor helps with my spacing too. my ADD will kick in everyonce and awhile while riding. what kind of riding do you do? montain? road?

ADD is what kicks me also. Total space cadet.

Sugino has some bad ass polyeurathane socks that rock in inclement weather. I have a pair of the Garne Polars for when it gets really nasty.

I started on mountain, but I do both now. Last year was my first year racing cyclo cross. Gotta love that sport. I'm working on my first fixie now. Trying to decide if I'm going to use my old Fuji road or my Jeunet.

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/respect1314/todd.jpg'>

todd wells winning nationals

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/respect1314/dad.jpg'>

my dad (the one circled) rockin the bronze in 50-54 age group

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/respect1314/tim.jpg'>

jim johnson

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/respect1314/jump.jpg'>

my boy jerry hoppin like no other (18 inch barriers)

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/respect1314/james.jpg'>

my little brother rocking the silver for 10-12 year olds

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/respect1314/start.jpg'>

the start of the pro race

steve my boy...cyclocross is my favorite. if you don't mind me asking how old are you. yeah man you gotta love it...it's why i ride.

anyway i got some good news in the mail...a small school in north carolina called Lees Mcrae (it's right near beach mountain were lance did his training after fighting off cancer) the school has only 600 students but the coach is talking scholarship, but i do love it here in richmond but im definatly going to look into it

joker! you still alive?

I'm definitely diggin cross. One season and I'm beyond hooked. I've been going through all my stuff trying to figure out what I can sell so I can buy a REAL cyclocross bike. I used my hardtail and single road this past year. I seperated my shoulder on Christmas Eve, so my season came to an early end. Just rode dirt for the first time last night and it felt hella good. The first race of the season is this weekend, so that ride last night was way overdue. Age...I love to be vague, so I'll just say I've already graduated.

Dug the pics. I don't suppose you were in Kansas last year for the Nationals and Super Cup? I was there all three days and man oh man was it f'in cold. I seriously had every piece of bike clothing I owned on me. Plus a couple of wool sweaters and a coat. A lot of the racers were suffering from hypothermia. I've got some bad ass black and white pics from the whole weekend...I'll have to try and get them up. Scholarship is definitely cool. I've heard good things about the NC area. The dirt guys I know talk the technical riding up there quite a bit.

One of my bikes that has to go...mid 80's Bianchi. Bought it at a garage sale, unfortunately for me its like a 59 or 60 cm rig.

somebody had mentioned something on this thread a while back about restoring older bikes: if anybody's interested i came across a blue Shwinn girls frame from the mide-late sixties (?), and its in pretty damn good condition. its basically the girls version of a stingray with handlebars that dont flair out as much. the paint is in pretty good shape, the tires still hold air somehow, and EVERYTHING is 100 percent original. there's some rust but it looks like it hasnt taken to pitting yet. i beleive the model name is the Hollywood. more info later. if anybody wants it, post up.

i fuckin crashed on my bike today!!!!

I had been riding for and hour and a half decide to turn around...i turn around and im on this flat road going 12 mph or so and i decide to eat a cliff bar so i sit up no hand on the bars im just crusing along and i start drifting off to the right and im like shit so i rip my hand out of my back pocket try to grab ahold of my handlebar and break but it's too late i go off the road hit a downed tree on the side flip in the air and skidded on the gravly dirt.. im okay just skratched and cut the shit out of my forarm, actually i really enjoyed it. i haven't gotten hurt or crashed in a long time and it was just an eye opener...like when i use to skate sometime i would go a good few weeks with out busting ass and then you bust ass and it hurts but feels good at the same time..i guess it just makes it real...well yeah i feel good...

oh shit im there this summer hesh...you never know maybe i'll be racing (not really)

Guest TEARZ

major taylor

the first black athlete to cross the "color barrier"? it's debatable.

http://www.majortaylorassociation.org/images/french.jpg'>

in any case the motherfucker could ride. one of the finest sprinters in the world, beat just about every champion in the world. lived in worcester mass in the 1890s but was originally from indianapolis. dude set the 1-mile record twice, once reaching 47mph on a velodrome in chicago doing it. oh yeah, this was in 1890. it's hard to believe that cycling was once the most popular sports in america, the best cycling nation, with velodromes in every city. now we have what, seven? i know that there isn't one within hundreds of miles for me. i'm reading this book that my bike shop friend gave me, "the hearts of lions." i would highly recommend it, it's a history of cycling in america.

http://www.majortaylorassociation.org/images/Portrait2.jpg'>