bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

I've flipped through that book before, TEARZ. The part about Major Taylor caught my attention, and I read the whole thing. It was very inspiring that he loved riding his bike so much, that he put up with all the B.S. that surrounded him as one of the only black men in his sport. Very cool guy.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

interesting

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c107...emp/~c107ftNQXq <http://64.4.22.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN...2f%7ec107ftNQXq> ::

and here is the basic info:

107th CONGRESS, 1st Session, Bill #H. R. 1265

Purpose: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the

transportation fringe benefit to bicycle commuters.

Introduced: IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, March 28, 2001

Mr. BLUMENAUER (for himself, and Mr. FOLEY) introduced the following bill;

which was referred to the Committee on Ways and Means

The real addition to the existing bill would be the "bicycle allowance"

which is defined below (and totally includes us)

BICYCLE COMMUTING ALLOWANCE- The term `bicycle commuting allowance' means! an

amount provided to an employee for transportation on a bicycle if such

transportation is in connection with travel between the employee's residence

and place of employment.'

also interestingly, it appears that if this bill passes, it may be

retroactive?

(d) EFFECTIVE DATE- The amendments made by this section shall apply to

taxable years beginning after December 31, 2001.

anyway, hopefully that's helpful. I wish I had the time, energy and

resources to really do something about this (start a petition, lobby

congress) but since I don't, I thought I would at least throw the

information out there and hopefully local BMAs can make use of it and

potentially influence the bill. how cool would that be.

Mary Ishibashi

QMS, DC

i am now fing addicted to riding bicycles

my first real road race today i did the cat 3/4 race as a 4 the course was a 10 mile loop my race was 50 miles. the loop had one nice .5 mile climb the rest was full of rolling hills and false flats with a few nice fast down hills

my field consisted of 75-80 riders and damn that is a lot of people around you i was scared as hell at first but after the first 2 laps i kinda got the bugs out and got use to riding with people on all sides of me for the first 3 laps i kinda stayed in the last 3rd of the pack i had no problem keeping up with the pack i felt really good so the last 2 laps the pack kinda got smaller. probably 15 to 20 riders droped off the pack the last 2 laps. i stayed in the upper half the last 2 laps i felt great. on the last lap i figured if i could get up the hill and stay with everyone on the first half of the lap i would be able to stay with them to the end. with about a mile and a half to the finish line i was up there in the top 10 (oh yeah 3 riders broke off on the 2nd lap and had 2min on the pack) so im up there in the top of the pack doing great there is a sharp right turn and then .8 miles to the finish well i held my own and i pushed it to hard too soon and crapped out and the pack majority of the pack went by me but i still finishe in the last 3/4 of the pack and by the time we got to the finish line there must of only been 50 or less riders in the pack so im guessing i got top 20 in the cat. 4's and most likly top 40 over all. which for my first race i was very pleased. also im just happy i didn't crash or get dropped by the pack so i am fing stoked...

all n' all all my goals were met and i did better then i thought

god i love bikes(im still on the cycling high in 10 min. or so i'll be worthless)

Guest TEARZ

congrats man, good stuff. i'm super scared of riding in a large pack like that... yikes. i'm still riding the fixed gear because i'm still waiting for parts for the racing bike. i'm not sure that i'll be ready to do my scheduled first race, but we'll see... i'm not at all scared to throw myself right into it, and i'm pretty sure that there aren't that many cat5s out there that are gonna blow me out of the water.

where's joker been?

Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

OH SHIT!!! I got 23rd over all out of 75 riders. today is going to be a good day

dag! great race toastcrunch. thats cool that you had the balls to push hard near the end! better than not pushing at all and wondering why not later on. good luck in your race tearz. i'm back from a little trip to florida where i got some great 80 degree rides in on flat pavement, pretty much the opposite of what pittsburghs been like lately. 30's and snow, with the ocasional freezing rain. thinking seriously about getting into some racing later this spring, but for now i'll just be living my life through all your racing stories!

Guest HESHIANDET

when it rains it pours

congrats all around guys.

i am again an employed courier. i told myself i was finally done hustling, but sadly- its impossible to quit the job. it'll always come back. i start tomorrow.

also, i might be hooking up a inde fab crown jewel for cool G. full ultegra, mavic something or others. hot deal foe shizle. im second inline for the bike, so hopefully it'll all work out. its a 56, and thats at the bottom of my size range, but for that bike, i can deal.$$

Guest HESHIANDET

im assuming its steel btw. how sweet would it be if it were the TI one.haha keep dreaming hesh..

yeah al, a crappy messenger gig is easy to come by. some time in on the street and you'll find a better home.

Guest HESHIANDET

woah my bad. i went to quote you and somehow the edit thing came up. my bad.

now for my sassy retort:

considering its getting warm again.......thugging
ouch...

Guest emothug
Originally posted by HESHIANDET

woah my bad. i went to quote you and somehow the edit thing came up. my bad.

now for my sassy retort:ouch...

Dont get me wrong im not all "PRO" courier or anything, all im saying is I did not see your face all winter..........now that spring is around the corner they all come out to play.

Guest HESHIANDET

oh yeah i know man. i know what your saying. truth be told school is a burden and working around a school schedule is pointless (on my level). to my credit when i first started it was the month february and it wasnt like this winter has been. any way, apples and oranges, say whats up next time you see me.

Guest emothug
Originally posted by HESHIANDET

oh yeah i know man. i know what your saying. truth be told school is a burden and working around a school schedule is pointless (on my level). to my credit when i first started it was the month february and it wasnt like this winter has been. any way, apples and oranges, say whats up next time you see me.

Actually im in school full time......so...

Guest Good Morning Captain

some people just dont know what it is to go to school and have to work to support yourself. If you dont have to know then you da man and im the sucker, but im allowed to hate.:D

Guest HESHIANDET

why the pissing contest? some people are in better spots than others, some people are better couriers than others. im not trying to front. we obviously know each other, and have friends in common to a certain extent. i know you've been a courier a lot longer than i, i know that you've been HERE doing your thing alot longer than me and i've always been super respectful. im actually a jealus of your spot man, i'd much rather be able to stay on my bike all year than have to take shit bag desk jobs on my winter and summer breaks. sadly money is evil, and time is a motherfucker. we all have to do what we all have to do. if you thought i was fronting or something, you were wrong, sorry to mislead you. if your jumping on my ass because of other shit please lemme know, cause theres no place for that here.

Guest Good Morning Captain

you werent fronting, dont get defensive and dont ever say sorry to haters like me. Holla at me next week and we can do them spots.

Originally posted by ohno*rock

philladelphia winters are mild...... frozen slush and a foot of snow can be found on all pittsburgh roads year round, oh and all our roads are uphill both ways. for you sillydelphians, hills occure when a road rises at a degree larger than flat.

gotta love snow at the end of march. all week long. you forget what spring is living in this city.