bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

any idea when it's going to be replayed ( i know thursday) but night, day,

yeah i was reading yesterday that the junior and espior(sp) (19-23) road nationals are down in clemson NC....i was all happy but then i read further and you have to have a cat. 2 licience to race espior...man i was upset...but the timetrial is open to everyone so im thinking of giving it a shot....the race isn't till aug. 1-4...and we can go down b/c my little brother(11) can do the junior road race.. since you have to be a cat. 2 to race and i still have 4 years of being a espior my new goal is to be a cat 2 by the time in 23.....i am already going to take less credits next semester (13) so i can ride more:p ...my mother is pissed, she hates bikes she can't get her car into the garage b/c of them and hates it when we all go to races. i feel bad sometimes but i have to have something to do.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

HEY

I've never been in this thread before...

but I'm now pro-bike so I thought I'd come in and say 'hello'.

So I was given a free Giant Hybrid that I'm slowly turning into a road warrior.

I used to have the diesel built Miele (Italian Canadian road racers mostly).

and here's a question...

I dont like the stem on the hybrid,

I need a lower degree of rise.

What do I measure and is the change easy enough?

(I'm also cutting down the handlebars and going with gripshift)

page 4 wtf is everyone out riding?

i did like 25 miles yesterday. i think i've done something like 75 or 80 miles this week. after not riding more than a mile or two at a time for about 5 years.

i also picked this bike up off ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1820595373

so i can stop pushing my tank of a mountain bike around. the knobby tires on that thing make me pedal all the time to keep up any speed in the city.

Guest TEARZ

got the new bike today!!!

group ride with some local pros. seaside riding at 30+ mph on the flats. crosswinds, trying to close gaps. dropped, but fun. pics tomorrow.

ive ridden evey day for four weeks now...im fucking hooked....i got a sic cruiser with u bars and a hopping fork ima bondo out and lower....shit will be hot, its a comfortable ride and ima pimp that mothafuckah out for work....and you know sunday cruises when the transit pass just doesnt cut it....

Guest HESHIANDET

bump cause i forgot to bid on a nice bike this morning..damnit. guess ima have to belly up and hop on a colnago classic. at $1400. its a steal.

Guest --zeSto--

so I bought this cheap atb from a pawn shop last night,

then swaped it for a haro vector with street slicks.

I love the urban assault vehicle. UAV !!!

Guest TEARZ

ok the pics are coming, the digi cam went dead on me when i was doing the first photo shoot, so i'm charging batteries now....

anyway about the ride.....

well, where to begin. today rode the bike out and did a nice little 20 mile jaunt just to remind myself that i had this bike and it wasn't a dream . i was going pretty slow, just trying to figure out the shifting on the thing and generally being geeked off of riding a bike with gears again since i really haven't ridden anything but the fixie for 6 months. my front derailer is being a bitch and it hurt me last night (campy breaking in?)... the first thing i noticed about this bike was that it is like a dart. it would go where i wanted it to go, directly, smoothly, and it did it fast. this morning i had tons of fun flying down one descent that curves several times snaking over a river. on the track bike, i'm always scared to fucking drop down that thing, and always scared of clipping a pedal (the road is strangley banked on this stretch). but now, free on this saturday morning, i bombed down this bitch and watched heads fishing on the river below turn and watch my colorful form blow past their landscape.

so after i ate lunch, i read the ergo brain manual before contemplating the day's second ride. let me tell you, this is a serious computer. it doesn't play. i haven't figured out half the shit it can do yet, but i'm impressed. after i figured out how to utilize some of the basic functions, i decided that i was going to do a 30 mile ride with an average speed of over 20mph. now mind you, this was completely ergo brain enduced. i would probably never think of doing this if i didn't have this machine. so i set out, and having ironed out some of my derailer issues, i go out hard. the read out on the ergo brain tells you your speed, but next to that speed is an arrow that reads up or down, indicating that you are above or below your average speed. this arrow punished me on several occaisions. for the first 12 or so miles, i fly, avg speed probably around 25 and where i live isn't flat. i find myself pushing the big ring way too much, probably because i'm used to riding fixed and because i want to go fast and am just geeked off of having a big ring. so after about 15 miles, i feel some lactic acid build up... i get it under control, use the 39 ring more and concentrate on spinning and being efficient. the last 10 miles hurt me though. god damn. gradually the arrow was pointing down more and more, indicating that my avg speed was dropping. in the last 2 miles or so, i noticed that the arrow threshold was at 19.7 or something. above that speed up, below it down. so i pushed, and pushed hard, but finally blew up on a climb on the last mile. as it ended, my avg speed was 19.1 mph over 30.42 miles.

not that this means anything in and of itself, my point is that the ergo brain took up a lot of my attention. i found myself constantly checking it and scrolling through screens by pushing the buttons on the levers. but i like it. it's certainly useful to know exactly what gear you are in at all times without looking back. i have record pedals, but my new shoes haven't arrived yet so i was unable to make use of the cadence function, which i think will be very useful.

sorry this is rambling, i'm just excited. i'll post more and the specs on the bike when the pics come up.

Guest HESHIANDET

damn man, i must say im quite green. i was in the shop the other day and i totally got sold on that litespeed siene. its the compact one. the guy had me believing that i was stupid for not "investing" in it. hahaha, i like the classic alot though. whatever, hes letting me take the siene out for a few hours tomorrow, so i'll have a brief write up on it for you guys. the reason i went to the shop in the first place is because i wanted to buy the colnago classic frame. shit, what am i to do? hahaha, im dieing to spend money.

http://www.phillybikeclub.org/bikerannigif.gif'> (stolen as mo-fugger)

SSWC2K+2

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

post some info on the single speed worlds....

There's not much info out there at the moment. Just the basics and some rumors.

Here's what I pulled from the singlespeedoutlaw website:

"2002 Single Speed World Championships a.k.a. SSWC2K+2 - October 13, 2002 - Downieville, California - Rumor has it the course will be 45 miles with 8,000 feet of climbing. More details as they become available"

There is no way I can pull 8000 feet of climbing on the setup I currently have (2:1). I'm trying to figure out a way to get myself a more climbing friendly setup. I don't suppose anyone has a 24 tooth rear cog (without shifting ramps) laying around collecting dust.

TEARZ

Thats one hell of a nice looking ride, but nothing says mountain biker with a road bike, better than Time ATACs on the new ride. When I got my new Ti ride last year I put my mountain pedals on it just so I could start riding it. Well....one year later, they're still on there and I'm still bitching about them every time I ride. One of these days I'll switch em. Any recommendations?

I can't quite say I believe that 8000ft of climbing or the 45 miles for that matter. From what I know of the event its more of a drink fest with a bunch of guys "racing" the next day. I absolutely love that you have to go to a bar to find out where the race is. I've heard lots of stories about people puking during the race. They're probably starting the rumor just to discourage the faint of heart.

Guest HESHIANDET

wooord. if im ou that way, im in for sure reagrdless i guess.

fr80-fuckin A im souped for ya as well. now come pick my ass up.;)

Well i raced down in Boone Northcarlonia over the weekend. The road race was a 5 laps a little under 45 miles. The loops wasn't too hard the climb wasn't long or hard enough for me the climb only being a mile or so. the rest of the loop was flat with some rollers, then the climb. then all down hill and flat to the finishline. The hill was bad enough that it really split up the pack on the second lap two riders broke away and stayed away till the end. after 3 laps the lead pack was down to 12 riders (me being one of them) On the climbs i could literaly walk away from everybody and by the top of the climb have 200 yards on the next man. But i suck a desending. i don't understand it i don't break all the time i go as fast as i can. but some how everyone catches me on the down hill and flats. well the last lap i just exploded up the hill by the time i was to the top i had 500 yards on the pack and one man 100 yards from me well the dude behind me catches me on the down hill we try to work together to stay away till the finish line(the finish line is 2 or 3miles away at this time) so we're working like hell to keep away. well i can't do shit on the down hill so he's doing most of the work. and with about 1 km to the finish 6 riders catch us im so tired from the downhill that i just manage to hang on to the back of the group and i finished 9th.. which im a bit dissapointed but it's a top ten finish. and im still learning.

i hate crits i got laped after the first 20 min. I NEED HILLS AND LOTS OF THEM

Guest TEARZ

nice job cinncrunch. good stuff.

yeah, i like my saddle, so whatever... i can see how you think it's ugly, i kind of agree but i tend to like the out there colors and things. for instance, and this ties in with the time atacs steve austin, i'm waiting on some limited edition white sidis with world champion rainbow trim on them. haha, shit is gonna be sweet, just wait til my local rednecks check me in white shoes with rainbow stripes! and they call me faggot now! haha :)!

anyway, that's why the atacs are on there, even though my bike shop buddy sold me his like new campy record pedals for 80 bucks, which have an allowance for the cadence sensor, which i can't use right now.

yeah, that avg speed was quick... especially alone, but i pushed myself hard and i was inspired by having the new bike. man, i really wish i could ride with some of you guys. if the cutters ride out west doesn't happen, we should try to get a cutters east thing happening.

Guest HESHIANDET

litespeed siena

well what can i say...................HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

the $3100. price tag doesn't mean shit to me anymore, that bike is hands down the sickest fucking thing ive ever ridden, AND I WAS ONLY ON IT FOR TEN MILES!!!!!!

fast super fucking nimble,climbed like nothing i've ever ridden. please don't sleep on compact frames, OH MY GOD! i should also make it known that the frame i was riding was a large and was too small for me, while i could feel that and it made me a litle uncomfortable in some instances the bike was still sicko. im really thinking about buying it and kissing the next semester goodbye ;)

congrats cinnamon, i don't think i could controll my self in a race, i admire your composure.

tearz, if i get this bike im waaaay down for a eastcoast ride. cause right now, i hate my shit!