bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

damn girls spending then night and not getting to bed till 5am....messing up my training

vanity sounds like you are using too low of a gear in the front (those big rings where the pedles and crankarms go to) the bigger the ring in the front the more times the back wheel will spin in one revolution of the peddle...

my new thing...is becoming a triathelit... now that the pool is open ive started swimming everyday for the past week...and im really enjoying it... i figure it would be great for cyclocross....but cycling will always be first on the training schedule

Vanity... are you riding a fixed gear? What size ring are you using in the front? What size are your cranks? Like Cinnamon said, you could be using too small a ring in the front. I don't know if your crank arm size being too small may have something to do with it as well, but it's something to consider. If you're taller than 5'10" and you're using 165mm cranks... they're way too small.

Cinnamon... a triathlete?!!?? Yowza! Are you trying to go for the zero body fat thing or what!

Originally posted by Joker

I leave town for a few days to where I can't watch the Giro and next thing I know... Simoni is out. What the hell happened? Did that huge effort kill him?

sombody tried to tell me Simoni tested positive for coke?!!! .............thats whats up. i've missed the entire race. been riding bikes inbetween dc and pitts. also was recently able to jump trains from jax FL all the way to fredricksburgh VA before i was tackled and severly bruised by some meat head cops who didn't like my mohawk. i have a nice carpentry job lined up in upstate ny for a couple months. theres a couple beautiful 12-32 mile loops up there for me to ride. they snake around a bunch of lakes and cow farms. i hope the red necks like my mapei bib shorts, and hot pink telecom cap.

that's prolly the prob. i'm a lot taller than 5'10.. im not too sure on the size.. it said 120 on the gear.. but that could jsut be the model. i'm not ona fixed gear.. it's a 21speed. how difficult is it to switch those out anyway?

Guest TEARZ

hesh$, that was stefano garzelli of mapei...

ohno, good to see you're still doing your thing... i contend with a more northern breed of redneck everyday, and most will leave you alone... just look out for the high school boys in pickups, they're the only ones who ever seem to start shit... mapei bib shorts... ooolala...

i'm getting the total biker tan lately, and it's wack...

joker, i'm doing your intervals tomorrow night....

Guest HESHIANDET

while we're talking about doping

since i've recently aquired a rather large beer gut and ghave become overly self concious of it, one of my homeboys had the very wise advice of "just do alot of speed and coke for like a month". mind you he was serious and thought that was way better than any diet or trainoing regiment..........alas, im drunk again

Guest HESHIANDET

well, i've been a lazy slob the last few weeks and decided that a nice jaunt in the woods would be nice. basically i overexerted myself, and just about passed out in the woods alone...i dunno, i like riding down the hills but going up i feel like im wasting energy. i can't help but think how fast i'd be going on the road if i were putting out the same amount of energy. i got no love for Inefficient shit.

Guest TEARZ

of course

i have an indurain campagnolo poster on my wall....

HOLY SHIT. casagrande ejected from the giro too?! he supposedly punched perez in the face and was ejected today... man, and the OLN dudes just act like it's all normal and nothing weird for all of the top riders to get booted....

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

well, i've been a lazy slob the last few weeks and decided that a nice jaunt in the woods would be nice. basically i overexerted myself, and just about passed out in the woods alone...i dunno, i like riding down the hills but going up i feel like im wasting energy. i can't help but think how fast i'd be going on the road if i were putting out the same amount of energy. i got no love for Inefficient shit.

I hear ya on the speed and efficiency. Thats one of the reasons I love my singlespeed in the woods. For some reason it just feels like it has a better flow. Maybe its because your forced to get up out of the saddle and hammer it on the big hills.

Too bad you don't live closer to me. I'd have to make sure you came out for one of our "underground' races. Its always more of a beer fest than anything. Lots of carnage, no rules, sometimes dirt, sometimes road, sometimes drainage ditches. I suppose it reminds me of some of the messenger race gigs. A lot of our race reports end up on drunkcyclist.com.

What!!???!?!?! Casagrande punched Perez? Little Julio Perez? What the fuck! And yesterday he was accused of bumping some Columbian rider. Casagrande is struggling to keep in the spotlight it seems. I've only been able to catch bits and pieces of the race due to having a cold. Whenever I awake from my Niquil stupor I turn on the tube and try to catch a little of the race. I saw the last five minutes today... the podium stuff. I guess Cadel Evans is in Pink now and Frigo and Hamilton are right behind him. If Hamilton can hold on till the TT he can win this race. Frigo sucks at TTing and cadel Evans is okay but no match for Hamilton.

Mr Lebowski... of course we know of Big Mig! C'mon now...

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

haha, dude you have no idea how biter i was when i posted that. i'm so out of shape its pathetic. watch out for me in SF in july, better yet, telll your couch to watch out after devilush gives me the boot from hers. also tell the G-man im gonna be slinging some cash money in his face and i want my arms spatered in tatty-boom-balattys.

hesh, i feel the bitteness of an inefficient bike. sojuly it is, i'll tell mr G-up, e mail me when the time comes, we should all go get down.

Guest HESHIANDET

indeed doag, its gonna be fun.

you guys catch the montage they showed of the "past incedents". homeboys getting snuffed in bike shorts. im kinda bummed cippolini can't hang in the hills. something about those zebra stripes rub me right. oh and perez definitely got juked good. i find all this thuggery comical, imean its these guys's job to be the professionals they are, but a little fisticuffs are good for ratings..

Guest HESHIANDET

fucking page 5!!!nope

no new bike for heshy:( :( and no trip to SF :( and no paying off the ol credit card :( . shit sucks right now.

Guest THE LAW

finally bought some o those fancy shoes yall always talkin bout.

need ta come up on some o those hollywood pedals now.

Those Hollywood pedals! You are one funny motherfunker...

Tyler came in second and I'm stoked! That's freakin' awesome. Just imagine if he didn't have those three crashes. There's two possibilities there. One> he could have won the GC and taken the pink jersey home. Or two> the time gap in the GC would have been really close to Savoldelli. I say that because Savoldelli rode like a bat out of hell on Stage 18. And I don't know if Tyler could have done much about it even in good condition. But he got second and for us Americans... that's great. Armstrong will no doubt win the Tour De France. Baring any unfortunate circumstances. And what if Levi wins the Vuelta or finishes on the podium? How awesome would that be to have an american place in all three major tours?

And did anyone hear that little snip-it at the end of the Giro where Phil said that Cipo is considering riding in the Philly race this year?

Guest TEARZ

i don't think that levi is riding the vuelta this year; i think his main objective for this year is the tour, and he's rabobank's team leader... at least i think that he's not riding la vuelta...

man, i did a solid 80 miles yesterday, and i fucking bonked. dudes at the bike shop were like, "dude you have o bring some cytomax," and was like "fuck a cytomax." but it came back and bit me in the ass. after about 50 miles, 2 bottles of water and two cliff bars, it got harder and harder to turn them over, especially in the heat and the 15-20mph headwind i would be catching for the next 8 miles. i had to stop and get some gatorade to deal with the eloctrolyte issue. i ended up the day finishing strong after taking a ten minute break to eat and sit in the shade, averaging 18mph for the solo mission. not bad. but i ate everything in the house when i got home and felt like i hadn't slept that night.

cipo in philly would be off the ringer. i'd like to see tha dude in the nyc race too- that'd be big time and i'm sure he'd do that up.

logged some nice miles in this weekend. yesterday I got up early (for me) and hit the road. logged about 40 miles in the am. got back just as the heat was really starting to kick in. few hours later, dood I know called and wanted to hit the trails. so, about an hour into this ride I start bonking. that is such an ugly scene. all I could think about was the cliff bar and gummi bears I had forgot at home. lost all flow and sense of picking a line and struggled back to the car. hit the quickie mart and made out with power aid, peanut butter cups and some other crap. ate all that, got home and proceeded to do the same as Tearz and eat everything within sight.

Cinnamon...how'd the mountain bike race turn out?

that's bad ass tyler got second. its times like these where I really miss OLN. I'll have to get cable hooked up in the new pad before the tour starts.

acquired another bike for the squadron. some dood in my neighborhood was throwing out a bike. looks to be about my size. old french bike...Motobecane...with horizontal drops and a bad ass white Selle Italia old school saddle. 170 cranks. not quite sure what I'm gonna do with it yet, but diggin it serious.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

uhm

hi

just wanted to throw in that i am the proud owner of a decent (i think) bike. newly aquired, used, but a trusty steed. i am used to rolling on my bmx, which i still prize, but goddamn. its nice to have a quality road bike. feels solid. felt incredible to be riding yesterday. nothing like riding in traffic in the city. im rather clueless as to anything on the subject of bicicletas, but the on thing i know was that it felt real fuckin good.

peez

My man Dusty pimpin' on his new ride. Alright...

Yeah Cinnamon... how did your MTB race go? Do tell.

Tearz and Steve... Bonking is the worst when you're with someone who isn't. They feel great and can roll for a few more hours and you're muscles are laughing their asses off at you. "You want us to do what? Man, you better fuel us with some Ho-Ho's, Twinkies or some sweet as juice! Otherwise... we ain't doing shit!" I was out with a friend last Monday on a nice 65 mile ride and I felt really good. Which was amazing considering I haven't been getting in the miles that much. We were on our way back home with about ten miles to go and we were just hammering it at about 25mph taking turns at the front. When I moved to the right to let him roll ahead and do his turn... he never pulled up. I didn't look back I just kept going thinking that the pulling game was over and it was a straight shot back into town. I started to get tired and needed some draft so I looked back to see how he was doing. He wasn't there. The road was fairly flat and you could see for while down the road and he wasn't there. I slowed and kept looking back. Looking back... then way off in the distance... a figure was moving behind the heat waves dancing off the road. He was about a half mile back turning the pedals over really slowly. When he got to where I had eventually stopped to wait for him he said that the beer and pizza from last night just couldn't wait any longer. It had to come out. He didn't eat right the night before and didn't eat right in the morning, or drink enough water on and before the ride. Lost his dinner. Needless to say we took it real slow the rest of the way. Because bonking sucks.

I haven't rode since that ride. Yeah... my legs feel icky and my tummy craves bad things. Mmmmmmmm... ice cream.