bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

yeah mountain bike racing is not my thing...well it was a nice 94 degrees outside with very little wind and man when you came out of the woods and into the fields it sucked...i didn't have to pay to race since my club was running the race so i dropped out half way through.. i figured that i wasn't having fun and i didn't want to over due it and ruin this whole week of training...the race was 24 miles i did 12. i wasn't riding bad or anything i was in the middle of the sport catagory..maybe 10th or 12th but i pussied out.

but i can't wait for the triathlons

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest THE LAW

FUCK!!!!

well....aquired the pedals.

there's NO WAY THE LAW is gonna try to hook this up at work for a while...shit is hectic...unclipping is fucking weird. fallen over in my backyard twice already. woe is THE LAW.

Guest TEARZ

dusty, congrats on the new whip there baby. be careful not to get yourself dead in nyc traffic though. it's a jungle out there. be safe.

did my first real fast group ride in a while today. there are some real asholes that show up for group rides man. there was this one dude dressed in full ibanesto shit with a brand new pinarello prince, and he was such a fucking cock. mad arrogant, always rode like on the center yellow line and never moved over for cars even when everyone else did. i felt good though and extracted my revenge after dropping him on a series of climbs. after moving myself towards the front and around the dudes gasping for breath, i sat on banesto's wheel. naturally he tried to beat everyone up this large hill. he does, i stay with him, long fast descent and all the fast guys catch up again. same thing happens again, another large hill. yet there's a third hill, and my man started to slow down and i pulled up around mr arrogant and shot to the top, and he got dropped for a while by the fast guys. small victories. i realized today that i suck at descending. it's stupid fun, and one of the best things about riding, but compared to the fast cat2 and 3 guys i'm not shit. oh well. it's nice riding in a group of 25 or more people sometimes. certainly made me feel less isolated han when i was riding on saturday, bonking into a head wind in the middle of expansive fields, all alone.

cinnamon, i can't even imagine riding a mountain bike. i used to do it all the time, and i haven't even fucked with mine all year. joker, what's up with you these days? i hate bonking. i'm now sold on cytomax.

Guest TEARZ

Re: FUCK!!!!

Originally posted by THE LAW

well....aquired the pedals.

there's NO WAY THE LAW is gonna try to hook this up at work for a while...shit is hectic...unclipping is fucking weird. fallen over in my backyard twice already. woe is THE LAW.

haha, ah the beauty of it. enjoy this mr. law, it's one of those rites of passage. just wait to you get your first public unclipping accident. it'll probably be in front of some fly honey who was previously eyeing you until you fall like a doof in front of her. haha, i still do that on the regular. take the leap of faith and just do it mr hollywood. :)

Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

yeah mountain bike racing is not my thing...well it was a nice 94 degrees outside with very little wind and man when you came out of the woods and into the fields it sucked...

that sucks. what was the course like...hilly, technical, rocky? I was a bmx kid ages ago...I never got the taste of dirt out of my mouth. Even though most of my riding is on the road now, I still love the dirt. The rockier, more technical and steep it is...the more I dig it. Love the hairy shit. I definitely hear ya on the shade of the woods to the overbearing sun in the fields. All I can think of when this happens is go faster....the faster I ride....the faster I can get back to the shade.

Ohh yeah I have 2 bikes...A Fuji Colapsable Bike, and a GT Mach 1. Hell yeah, even though I stopped riding them like 4 years ago. I'll drive, and let my friend ride along side. Yeah Ono, if you're ever in that situation in Va, you have a place to stay at Cinnamons house, or Wheelbites house.

Re: Cytomax, Revenge, Endurox

Originally posted by SteveAustin

Whats everyone using as a drink mix? I've heard good things about Cytomax and Revenge. I've got a little bit of the Endurox left. That shit tastes chalky, but seems to do the job.

i drink revenge. when i cant find it though, sometimes its sold out at my shop, i drink cytomax, the ones with herbal lift haha. sounds funny but the stuff works,i recently went out for a ride with just water, and it was so different, i fatigued so much faster, legs burning like i hadnt felt ina long time. revenge is my fuel and recover drink.

i am selling my xc mtn bike. it seems strange to me to be doing so but i am going to take the money and get a cyclocross bike, then i can still ride xc trails and do a bunch of road ridding too. i am looking at getting a kona jake the snake or major snake, fingers crosssed. there are these twilight crits near my house every tuesday night, when i get the kona i am going to start raccing in them, i am looking forward to a change.

Blackham doing the long ride... nice!

I drink the Enervit, or however you spell it, and it seems to work pretty good. Every once in a while when I'm feeling shitty I'll suck down one of those Enervit liquid packs. For me, those things are like crack. Gets me going. I have a big ol' tub of that Endurox R4 recovery drink stuff but I used it once and it relaxed my muscles so much that I was like walking jello. So I haven't used it since. Anyone else using that stuff? Had similar problems? I really want to try that Accelerade but I'm waiting till I finish my Enervit tub.

Tearz... I've been busy with art lately and not riding too much. Last week I got about 50 miles and this week I've got none so far. When I finish this artwork I'll be back out there but only till the 22nd. Then I'm off to Europe for a few weeks. And no... not taking the bike. But I hear Jan Ullrich has a shop in Hamburg where he sells Ullrich frame and forks. Hmmmm... it's got me curious. I did do a little shopping the other day and picked me up a team Fakta jersey. So nice. I love the black deals. I have one of those team Kostrizer jerseys too and I love rockin' that. I'm hoping to find some good stuff in Europe.

Mr. Law... Just do it and you'll be clickin' in and out like a pro in a few days. Work with 'em on the weekends till you get it down pretty good. What kind did you get? Shoes and pedals...

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

<<<<<definitely selling his mountain bike..fuckin innefficient piece of crap.

dang homie, still so bitter,haha. no i just think a cross bike will be more versitile, i could still ride trails with it but do road rides too, ever since i had to give back that zurich to my old employer its been killing me not being able to do road rides.

i am also considering a gunnar crosshairs, alil nore $$$$ to get the same type of spec as the kona's, but still a killer bike in my opinion. got get the gary fisher sold first though.

Guest HESHIANDET

WHOOP WHOOP!!!

new bike today. its a bianchi something (don't know the model), its steel, campy mirage, and some mismatched wheels. it was free, so fuck it im stoked..

dibso, i can't front. imnot that bitter as i let on, i just never ride it, and i could really use the $$. i would like to get a cross bike myself, but my current mission is really expensive roadbikes...

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

WHOOP WHOOP!!!

new bike today. its a bianchi something (don't know the model), its steel, campy mirage, and some mismatched wheels. it was free, so fuck it im stoked..

dibso, i can't front. imnot that bitter as i let on, i just never ride it, and i could really use the $$. i would like to get a cross bike myself, but my current mission is really expensive roadbikes...

hell yeah heshy, get that bike. see i am really torn between cross bike and nice road bike, i think the cross bike is more practical for me at this time, but i keep seein these beuatiful road bikes and well, sh#$ you know how it is, only so much money. plus a cross bike is cheaper for some reason than a road bike, and when i sell my gary fisher mtn bike, i get the cross bike and with the extra money i can pay off my debt on the ac1 freeridebike i bought. gotta balance.

steve try the revenge, i swear by it, do the orange flavor over the mango.

Guest HESHIANDET

i say get a decent cross bike, spend the loot on an extra set of wheels and then have a set for either off or on-road..im not sure if the brakes will be a problem, but your a smart fellow, you figure it out! HAAHA!

Yeah, I agree. If you can only have one...get the cross bike. Its a helluva lot more versatile. About the only problem with brakes that I could foresee would be different rim thickness, so you might have to adjust them a bit. I have a few different wheelsets I switch out and the difference is pretty minimal. Just adjust the barrel a bit and go.

orange revenge it is...

I don't suppose anyone has some mustache bars just laying around they wanna get rid of?

Guest THE LAW
Originally posted by Joker

Mr. Law... Just do it and you'll be clickin' in and out like a pro in a few days. Work with 'em on the weekends till you get it down pretty good. What kind did you get? Shoes and pedals...

uhhh....let's see.

they look like MX 125 LAKE shoes. got em for 30 at a BS closeout...i think they're last years model

and got these...uh...Performance Forte Team pedals....they were cheap.

they're sitting in a box until saturday though....

Guest THE LAW

hey....what kind of general maintenance do you pros do after a nasty day of weather to keep the beast runnning smoothly?

Woooo! I'm back from the honeymoon. I gotta say, even though I don't ride as much as I should, I really missed my bikes. On the plane home my wife says, "I can't wait to get home and see the animals." I said, "I can't wait to get home and see my bikes." She thought that was funny. Seattle was really nice. I had a good time exploring the city, but without my bike, it was slow work. I was even more bummed when I found a BNSF yard with a commuter bike path right next to it. The weather was great ... cool and breazy. We got a little rain on one day, but it was no where near what I was expecting Seattle rain to be. It was barely a drizzle.

More to come in a few minutes. It's time for lunch right now.

Okay ... back from lunch. Yeah, so anyways, the rain was tolerable. All in all, we were pretty happy with Seattle. Vancouver, on the other hand, sucked a fat nut. It was very touristy and not so fun. I'm sure if there had been somebody showing us where to go, it might have been more fun, but we were in the dark (aside from a few places that ese and T.T Boy had told us to check out). There were a bunch of trains, but we saw a story on the news about how the police were giving all kinds of tickets for tresspassing and what not, so the misses didn't want me running around. Plus we got lost every time we tried to drive somewhere. I ended up seeing more trains in Seattle and even more once I got back home. We decided that instead of Vancouver, we should have driven to Portland. Oh well ... live and learn.

So now that I'm back, I've got plenty of things to do. I'm about to order that Pedro's tool kit. My father-in-law wants me to fix two old bikes he has in the garage, and my wife has decided that she wants to get an old cruiser that I will have the pleasure of rebuilding and painting for her. I'm actually excited about this, as it's the first time she's shown any real intrest in bikes. Once we find an old beater that she likes, I'll give you guys updates on the progression of the rebuild.

can't wait to hear about the cruiser rebuild. I've got an old Schwinn cruiser that I need to fix up. Maybe, just maybe....I'll get motivated. Uh, probably not, but here's hoping.

Sounds like you had a decent trip. Here's a little belated congrats on the hitching. :p

racing single speed on Sunday....rebuilding said bike tonight.

I've got a bunch of old road bike parts if you need something.

Alkaline... Congrats brother! Welcome to married life. It's actually pretty damn cool if you ask me. You should have come to Portland! I would have shown you and the misses around. Oh well. I've been to Vancouver and had a great time. Probably because I was with people who grew up there and know all the fun spots to go and eat and play around. Even got a little painting in up there. Nice spots. I wish I'd have known where you were going. I would have hooked you up with said friends. Good writers, great artists and all around super nice people. Sounds like you had a good time anyway. Seattle is pretty cool. My wife and I try to go up there once a month or so. It's a nice get away and it's only two and half hours away. Why did you choose the northwest for a honeymoon? Just curious. I've been married five years already and we still haven't gone on our honeymoon yet... damn shame if you ask me.

Congrats again!!

Yeah, Tearz... I hear ya. I've got 35 miles in for this week... WHOO-HOO!! My legs are diesel, baby! Wanna race?